PDA

View Full Version : Lost dog came home.

44man
04-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Thursday my three dogs bust out of the garage door behind me. I let them out into a 40' by 70' fenced area where the doors swing to the side garage door but there was a boy on a bike on the road so they had to run and see.
Two went one way and came back out of breath but the other went the other way. She was gone but came back Fri night. Soaking wet from the rain.
I suppose she had a great time chasing deer. My dogs would not hurt one but the chase is fun.

MtGun44
04-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Glad to hear she found her way back safe and sound. Having a pet disappear is
very worrisome. I've had a pet lost before and it is not fun.
Bill

starmac
04-13-2013, 10:59 AM
For some reason, I doubt the dog ever considered that it was lost. It just was on a walk about. lol

shooter2
04-13-2013, 11:20 AM
One of our two Springer Spaniels was someone's dog in KS, got lost, and found his way here via ESRA. Buddy is a joy and our two love each other. Both napping at my feet as I type this. I would be heart broken if we lost either one. Glad yours came back.

44man
04-13-2013, 11:24 AM
For some reason, I doubt the dog ever considered that it was lost. It just was on a walk about. lol
I am sure but there is one jerk that will shoot a dog and the roads with cars. Then to get on the wrong side of a fence.
It is scary to think about.
She got a dog bone and a hug when she came home.
My little Pekinese cried all night in the kitchen. She knew.

DCP
04-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts and in our homes

44man
04-13-2013, 11:35 AM
One of our two Springer Spaniels was someone's dog in KS, got lost, and found his way here via ESRA. Buddy is a joy and our two love each other. Both napping at my feet as I type this. I would be heart broken if we lost either one. Glad yours came back.
You are blessed from God with such great dogs. My little one is sleeping under my seat right now. Life is worthless without a dogs love. The most painful thing to a man is that a dogs life is so short.

DCP
04-13-2013, 12:19 PM
This is so true

Angel is starting to have bad days, pinched nerve in her back. Wont jump up now. back leg some days, wont work.
Today she is having a good day.

Its so hard to watch :cry:

Life is worthless without a dogs love. The most painful thing to a man is that a dogs life is so short.

44man
04-13-2013, 12:34 PM
This is so true

Angel is starting to have bad days, pinched nerve in her back. Wont jump up now. back leg some days, wont work.
Today she is having a good day.

Its so hard to watch :cry:
You and your dog have my tears and prayers. Just hold her to your chest.

wallenba
04-13-2013, 12:40 PM
My dog Lola, was an escape artist. She climbed fences, scooted under them if she found a weakness there. She even learned to pounce against the gate until the latch popped up. Finding her was not too hard, she was very friendly and would seek out kids to play with. I had my phone number on her tags and a call would always come. She did this many times.

44man
04-13-2013, 01:01 PM
My dog Lola, was an escape artist. She climbed fences, scooted under them if she found a weakness there. She even learned to pounce against the gate until the latch popped up. Finding her was not too hard, she was very friendly and would seek out kids to play with. I had my phone number on her tags and a call would always come. She did this many times.
That is like my dogs too. Love for everyone.
I have never owned a mean dog. They might bark but will jump all over you and lick you to mush.

horsesoldier
04-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Glad your dog made it back alright.We have had a hard time with people letting their dogs loose and them coming in and killing my chickens.With all of the money and time we spend on our companions you would thinking people would lock them up.Heck, we had a pair that would come through walking down the middle of the road about the same time every day for the past two weeks

shooter2
04-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Glad your dog made it back alright.We have had a hard time with people letting their dogs loose and them coming in and killing my chickens.With all of the money and time we spend on our companions you would thinking people would lock them up.Heck, we had a pair that would come through walking down the middle of the road about the same time every day for the past two weeks

Some years ago my daughter called me from their place in MO. She was heart broken that their Golden Retriever had been shot by someone who was raising chickens. Duke was chasing them and killing them and the fellow was certainly within his rights to protect his property.

Dogs have an instinct to kill. Our last Springer, Hoppy (he could jump) had two squirrels and untold numbers of chipmunks on his kill list. It is their nature. We also have a lot of snakes in the area. Once in a while I have to dispatch a Copperhead. I often see Black snakes five to six feet long. Remember, all snakes bite.

I guess what I'm saying is that it is better if the dog does not get loose. JMHO.