PDA

View Full Version : Just an opinion, BUT

TCLouis
08-30-2007, 07:05 PM
http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=7003417

Lets start flooding all store corporate offices with reasons why we will not shop there any more if this is their policy.

Let all the little pencil necks at home office understand we don't care about their spreadsheet projections to cover losses because we will pay just more.

Time to extract the MBA/CPA's heads and maybe boot the college boy teachers in the ass at the same time.

Time to end college/corporate cranial rectal insertion problems.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=7003417

Just an opinion of course . . . . .

singleshotbuff
08-30-2007, 08:05 PM
That story is just assinine. Unfortunately that is the policy of most businesses anymore. I work in a gas station, when I was hired I was told that our robbery policy was "do whatever they say, don't fight them". FAT CHANCE.

It's just further proof that society wants us all to be sheep, even if that means being led to the slaughter.

Not me.

SSB

DeanoBeanCounter
08-30-2007, 09:13 PM
:roll: Unfortunately lawyers and the ACLU and like organizations love crime. That's where they make their money. Not much money defending the victim.
The Constitution gives criminals the right to have a lawyer, NOT get a free ride of room and board and a free lawyer. A politician go a fat wallet for misinterpreting the Constitution that way. :twisted:
So now the good guys have to flip the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to support the bad guys. If a criminal is hurt during a robbery, the store gets sued for it. Law suits are a lawyers best friend. And then wonder why people hate them so much.
I think the one thing that would stop a lot of crime is to make the criminal responsible for ALL cost for his/her actions and capture and conviction and jail time, even if it is to pay only $10 a month. THEN, if that person grows up and flies right, THEN the debt is forgiven.
But the one big thing that would stop all this corruption is if we social LAW!
We all know who ever lasts longest in court wins.
I hope I didn't stray to far from the subject.
Deano

Jim
08-31-2007, 05:42 AM
Many years ago, a good ol' boy sittin' in a pick-up in a parking lot witnessed a bank robbery. He pulls his Marlin .30-30 out of the rack and lets the bandit hold one as he's heading across the parking lot, money bag in hand. Dropped him deader'n a bag of wet sand. Da' sheriff was gonna put this ol' boy in jail and the local town folk threatened to run him AND the mayor out of town. Charges were dropped and the ol' boy became the local hero.
If this country went back to law enforcement as it was in the 1800's, we wouldn't have a quarter of the problems we do. There's substance to Samuel Clemmens' Sayings.

dakotashooter2
08-31-2007, 04:16 PM
The man was suspected of stealing $61.00 from a Coke machine.

Actually If I was the employee I would persue this in court.

1) Vandalizing a pop machine and stealing money is NOT shoplifting and thereby that policy would not apply.

2) It is likely that the machine is owned by the soda company and not home depot and if so the employe was acting on behalf of the soda company and not home depot.

pumpguy
08-31-2007, 09:35 PM
dakotashooter may have a point, but, why fight for that job? I would not work there for any amount of money.

Jim
09-01-2007, 06:37 AM
When I was an apprentice, it took me a LONG time to get the hang of "Right or wrong, do as I say". My journeyman finally brought me to understand that I should follow his instructions regardless of the fact that he might be in error. "If I tell you to put it in backwards and upside down, it's on me, not you".
HAVING SAID THAT, I strongly dissagree w/ H/D's policy and believe that thievery should be stopped, but I would have walked away and taken the "Schultz" mindset. "I know nothing." If H/D wants to "give away" their merchandise to avoid a confrontation, it's their money, not mine.
I have to admit, though, I'd love to come out the front door racking a pump gun and ask him "Can I help you, Sir?"[smilie=1: