PDA

View Full Version : Cast in Glock Factory Barrels

MRAD
04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Does any one out there shoot cast out of there glock factory barrels, specifically a 3rd gen 34? I compete in idpa and bullets are pretty hard to come by these days so I might result to cast. I was told by Tom from accurate molds that if you use the right alloy and lube with a gas check you can shoot out of polygonal rifling. I have no clue what a good alloy and lube would be and this will be the first time I have ever casted. I have a neighbor who does it will teach me the process but he is not fluent in pistol ammo. He tells me that wheel weights WW and either LBT blue or carnauba red will work. The only problem is wheel weights are hard to come by these days. Any info will be most appeciated.

Bwana
04-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Here you go: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?33855-The-Truth-about-Glocks-and-Cast

Yes it is done by many who know how.

Shiloh
04-12-2013, 09:15 PM
For me, they need to be sized at .358 for the 9's. I have had kabooms in the .40 until installed an aftermarket barrel. Since then there has been no issues in the .40 and no Glock Bulged cases. Factory barrel with the 9mm. 4.5 gr. Unique under a LEE 125 gr 2R boolit. This boolit drops at .358+. No issues lubed with the traditional lube or with alox tumble lubed.

3.8-4.0 gr. Unique under a LEE 125 gr. RF sized at .358.

Shiloh

garym1a2
04-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Wheel weights, a dab of tin and carnauba red is a good start. My Glock 22 did not like cast, my Glocck21sf ran great on cast. With the G22 I went with a storm lake barrelel.
since you do not need Major power for IDPA, load lighter for best results.
Gas checks in most cases should not be needed, not in m Storm lake Glock 9mm and 40 barrelels.