PDA

View Full Version : Pure lead in SW Ohio

ANeat
08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone; Not sure if this is the best spot to post this but its as good as any I guess:roll:

I may have a line on a real good quanity of pure lead. Way more than I can use.

Here are the details so far.

Total ammount as I know right now is approx 4 tons, this is going off of someones educated guess but its a good amount.

It should be pure lead, all scraps/cutoffs of sheet lead.

Its in the SW ohio area, east of Cincinnati about 40 miles or so.

I should be able to get it for less than .50 a pound, perhaps even less than .40 a pound.

Ok; If someone is within driving distance and wants in on this just let me know. I wouldnt mind handling the middleman duties on this if I can get a few people to share. I dont need 4 tons of pure lead and Im not in a position to pull that kind of money out of my pocket.

If there is enough interest Ill get more details but if not Ill just tell the guy to take it to the scrap yard. I would really hate to do that.
I dont want to get in a position where Im mailing it off 50lbs at a time.

So if youre interested let me know, I do have approx a ton of pure lead on hand right now. If someone wants to buy what I have they wont have to worry any shady dealings. Ill just replace my stash with more and keep the lead flowing so to speak:drinks:

Thanks; Adam

cohutt
08-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Funny on timing. Looks like i have some pure lined up today too.
Another free haul - pallets loaded into my truck by a forklift, no sweating and groaning. 1200-1500lbs or more is what it looks like it will be. This is the good stuff that we traded a while back- certified .997 something pure by GA Tech per my source's specs. Sheet and punchout sheet mostly, melts like wax

Unlike you, I can't say that I have enough just yet. :mrgreen:

ANeat
08-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Yea I thought of you when the guy started describing to me:-D Sounds like the same kind of stuff. I dont mind having "enough" around for my future needs but 4 tons @.40 a pound....... I dont need that much. Or should I say I dont need that much more.

Of course if it was "free":Fire:

Shepherd2
08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Adam - If you can work things out I'd take 500 pounds. I'd pick it up. At some point I need to deliver some wool to a processor in your area and maybe I could get both things done in one trip.

Lee
08-31-2007, 04:27 AM
Shepherd2.....Hmmm how close is SE Ohio to NE Ohio. I live on the Ashtabula/Trumbull county line. Depending on distances, circumstances, and associated costs, perhaps "we" might be able to team up???
Dunno, just thinking out loud. Might work, might not....................Lee:wink:

Shepherd2
08-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Lee - I live a few miles west of Caldwell in Noble County about 25 miles north of Marietta. We're just off I77 so we are pretty easy to get to. I'm willing to work with you on this. Let's see what ANeat can put together.

Boz330
08-31-2007, 09:32 AM
I come to Cincy every month for a match and have an old friend right there who also shoots BPCR. There is also a guy down here that might be interested.
I'll get on this right away.

Bob

jonk
08-31-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a buddy in Cinci and I MAY be able to pick some up when I visit next. Keep us updated and if you have it in hand by the next time I come down, I'd be up for 100 pounds or so.

only1asterisk
08-31-2007, 01:23 PM
I could use 3-400 pounds.

It may be a couple weeks before I'm up that way. Is that a problem?

David

ANeat
08-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok gentlemen; Looks like there is enough interest to at least get some of it:-D Ill see if I can get more details this weekend.
We will see if we can all gain a little extra "weight"
Thanks; Adam

ANeat
08-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Ive probably got enough on hand right now for what most of you need :roll:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h165/aneat/Lead/Image024.jpg

nvbirdman
08-31-2007, 08:20 PM
If anybody's willing to fill two or three flat-rate priority boxes with 50 or 60 pounds each I could sure use some.

David/Mo
09-04-2007, 07:44 AM
I will be coming to Friendship, In. starting this weekend, I am interested in 500 to 1000 lbs. Won't be to far of a drive from there. My brothers and I all shoot 58 hawkens and use up lots in roundballs. let me know.

ANeat
09-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Well so far guys its a no/go but im still working on him. He is hard fast set on selling it all at once or none:roll: and right now I dont have the cash to get it all. Not to mention that I really dont feel like un/loading 4 or 5 tons of lead all in one shot.

I havent gave up yet.

Adam

Boz330
09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Adam has he given you a price on it in bulk? If we can get this together my buddy and I could get over there to give you a hand and might get a couple moire hands as well. I'd hate to see this stuff wind up in a scrap yard.

Bob

ANeat
09-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Ok the deal is dead, sorry guys. Here is the backround details if youre interested. I run adds in the local papers saying I buy scrap lead. Every once in a while I get a good call but its really pretty infrequent.
This guy calls and says he has 3 to 5 ton. I offer .15 a pound and he is a little hesitant. We go back and forth for a few days playing phone tag. He never can give me an exact ammount in dollars or weight and he wont let me come and pick up any smaller ammount. He just wants me to buy it all or none.

I found out today that this guy doesnt have the lead at all. It is at a local manufacture that does industrial Xray shielding. He "thinks" he has access to their scrap but I went around the guy and talked to the owner of the company. He has the 5 ton of scrap but he is hanging on to it. Its not for sale.

So by now Im mildly ammused and a little pissed at the same time. I call the original guy up and tell him I want it all. Weigh it and Ill take it. 20 minutes later he calls me back to confess that he really doesnt have the lead. What a genuine ****, Of course he was probably thinking he was gonna get $2k or so for the whole lot and now he doesnt get squat.

Sorry to jerk everybody around like that. I thought I had something good there for a moment.
Adam

only1asterisk
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
No problem. This stuff happens all the time.

David