PDA

View Full Version : Even a dumb ol' girl knows better!

Jim
04-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Last night, Janet and I were relaxing in the living room. She was on her laptop surfing through Ebay looking at gas checks. To start off with, how many shooters' wives would be doing that? :bigsmyl2:

"Jim, come look at this!" She found a listing for ".30 caliber Half Jacket Gas Checks by Speer (http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-caliber-Half-Jacket-Gas-Checks-by-Speer-/181117371109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2b6fc2e5)". I walked over to look at her laptop and she pointed to the listing. "That's not gas checks!" I confirmed her statement and told her what they are.

"Jeesh, I'm just a dumb ol' girl and I know those aren't gas checks!" I'd say that proves she ain't as dumb as she thinks she is.

I'm so proud of my wife![smilie=w:

TheGrimReaper
04-12-2013, 09:12 AM
That is pretty awsome.

DLCTEX
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
I see some adds for full length gas checked bullets.[smilie=s:

WILCO
04-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Yep. She's a keeper Jim.

**oneshot**
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Seller should label them bore rider gas checks!!! LOL

Alan in Vermont
04-12-2013, 12:13 PM
She's way ahead of a guy I know who gives the impression that he is "Mr. Know" when it comes to shooting. He was shooting "Gas checked" bullet the other day. Kinda pretty little 125 gr, 38 cal. JACKETED stuff.

He was also talking about going to Unique, from Bullseye, because it was a "hotter" powder. I told him that it was actually slower burning than BE, he had no idea what I was talking about. Only thing he knew about Unique was that "some guys use it for stronger loads".

Swamp Man
04-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Jim I know what you mean. The other night I seen a ad for a craft show and asked my wife if she wanted to go she said NO I'd rather go catfishing. When a woman says something like that you know you got a keeper. She is my pest control person when we go catfishing she likes to shoot snakes and other critters of the night with my 410.

btroj
04-12-2013, 03:32 PM
She isn't a dumb old girl. I wouldn't use eBay sellers and their descriptions as an IQ test. Many of those idiots fail.

I often wonder if I am that smart or if some people just are that stupid.

Jim, some people just shouldn't be allowed around guns and many of them sell stuff on eBay. This was a prime example.

firefly1957
04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Good for you you got a keeper!

220swiftfn
04-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Jim I know what you mean. The other night I seen a ad for a craft show and asked my wife if she wanted to go she said NO I'd rather go catfishing. When a woman says something like that you know you got a keeper. She is my pest control person when we go catfishing she likes to shoot snakes and other critters of the night with my 410.

Hey Swampman, just so you know, when she says she wants to go "noodling" she ISN'T talking about fishin'..... ;)

Dan

Swamp Man
04-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Hey Swampman, just so you know, when she says she wants to go "noodling" she ISN'T talking about fishin'..... ;)

DanYeah I know she has took me noodling more then a few times already. LOL