PDA

View Full Version : The "Book"

beagle
08-30-2007, 11:29 AM
After several years of working on a book on cast bullet making, loading and shooting, we have decided to make the articles available for use. Tom Dugas has posted some on Casting Fellows and Will has posted the remainder on Castpics.

This is an ongoing project and more articles are needed so if you feel that you have the interest, expertise and desire to contribute, drop me an e-mail. Don't worry about the quailty of writing as we'll clean them up.

These articles are supposedly geared toward the beginning shooter and we strive to give out opinions as to what is the best way we have found to do it. Many of the articles go beyond the beginning shooter but what the heck, you have to learn.

Many of the articles I have written are just my experiences with a particular firearm and how I went about loading for it. Figured I might save some of the guys some Ah Sh_ts! by my experiences.

Many more articles are in edit and in the working stages so check Castpics periodically for new additions.

These are not professionally done articles but thoughts from guys like you and me that are dedicated to the casting sport so there will be errors.

My thanks to all those who have taken time to put their thoughts on paper and to those that edited them and especially to Tom and Will for making them available on the net./beagle

45nut
08-30-2007, 12:16 PM
As one that had been looking forward to this for some time I really appreciate being able to enjoy the effort you have all made.
Thanks to all of the authors. :drinks:

MT Gianni
08-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Makes for some good reading. Thanks a lot. Gianni

Bret4207
09-01-2007, 07:42 AM
I only wish I had the time to do the research an article would require. Thank you for the effort from all who contributed. This may be the new "Handloading" or "Principles and Practices of Loading Ammunition" of our day!

georgewxxx
09-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Initially, the idea was to help beginners get a handle on this hobby. The same questions would come up time after time on the old Shooters forum then again here on this one. If you guy could have seen the list of subjects that were initially posted by Beagle, it really could have been a thick cast book. If your really interested in trying one,pull on beagle's chain and see what he's still got available. Some of the casting techniques we all use have different quirks and most of us don't even think it's novel or different than every one does when we make boolits and load ammo, and just might help not only the newby, but some of us old farts too..Geo

AnthonyB
09-01-2007, 11:18 PM
I still owe several articles I agreed to do back when we started this. I need to retire.... Tony