PDA

View Full Version : For our tractor and old equipment aficionados

obssd1958
04-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Disclaimer: I don't have any relationship with this business, nor do I stand to gain anything if anyone actually buys any of these items!

I know there is a large contingent of folks here that really appreciate old tractors and equipment. I myself am amazed at the craftsmanship and ingenuity that I see displayed in these "useful works of art". A local auction company is conducting an online auction for a good bit of collectible hardware that is located in Baker, Oregon.

I am including a link to the catalog, so that you too can spend some time looking over the "artwork" if you've a mind to...

https://musickauction.auctionflex.com/showlots.ap?co=58482&weid=30861&weiid=0&archive=n&lso=pricedesc&pagenum=1&lang=En

By the way, here's a partial list of the goods...

Antique Tractors & Equipment including:

Schacht Fire Truck Engine, Nichols Shepard 1907 Steam Engine,
Case Model C, Case Model S,
Field Marshal Series 2 or 3, John Deere Model A,
(2) John Deere Model B, (2) John Deere Model D,
John Deere Model H, Lanz Bulldog Germany,
McCormick Deering Model 10-20, McCormick Deering Model 22-36,
Minneapolis Moline Model GB, Minneapolis Moline Model U,
Silver King Tricycle, Antique Garden Tractors, Antique Tractor Engines,
Antique Farm Implements & MORE!
All items are from an estate, the gentleman had been planning on opening a museum

Hope you enjoy it!!

Don

Charlie Two Tracks
04-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Dang! In my younger days I drove some of those old tractors. Very nice collection. We have a antique tractor and engine group near here that is quite interesting to see. The old threshers and engines are really something to see in operation.

Hardcast416taylor
04-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Because of our rural area being still largely agriculture oriented we have parades thru our small town on holidays. In these parades are always many of these old farm tractors that have been carefully restored to almost perfect condition by the farmers that love them enough to show them off in parades.Robert

obssd1958
04-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I have always thought that I'm a little weird. Whenever I am around stuff like this, I want to look at all of the mechanical aspects to see just how they work. I really enjoy seeing the way they solved the puzzles of the different assemblies.
Amazing stuff!!

d4xycrq
04-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I think the pick of the litter is that Field Marshall from England.

Ray

10x
04-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Here is a McCormick Deering 15/30 running a threshing machine about 1940. The threshing outfit belonged to my my grandfather and my dad.

I farmed with a WD6 McCormick Deering until 1969. The neighbor had a John Deer D , Farmers had Minniapolis moline, massey, cockshut, fordsons, case, John Deere, and Deutz.

and a photo of my Uncle Charlie on a 15/30

and now for a Cletrac

And my dad driving the WD6 in 1948 or 1949
I still have this tractor, it doesn't quite look that nice.

and digging a dugout (reservoir) in the 1930s

and threshing wheat on my grandads farm about 1918

obssd1958
04-10-2013, 11:16 PM
I think the pick of the litter is that Field Marshall from England.

Ray

That one really looks like a little brute!
My favorite is the Schacht Truck. Something about the all wood cab strikes my fancy!

10x,
Those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Don

Blacksmith
04-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Great pictures. The WD6 will look better after you restore it.

One of our local groups (Eastern Pennsylvania) is having a antique tractor pull April 27th.
http://www.roughandtumble.org/

opos
04-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Well you hit my "other " hot button...besides guns and reloading my hobby for years and years has been restoring and displaying antique farm engines and equipment...I'm an old guy (75) and lived in Colorado and Nebraska where we farmed for a long time. Putting up a couple of the pics of some of my restorations...it's a great hobby....great friends (mostly older folks) and something the kids of today can never understand..the engines shown in my pictures are mostly under 3 hp and weigh something like 250-400#...compared to a high speed lawnmower engine...quite a difference...I live in San Diego and haven't brought myself to having a full size tractor but I've got a couple of neighbors that do....quite a sight to see one of them "sneaking" around the neighborhood on an early Sunday morning...just for fun.

Blacksmith
04-12-2013, 04:01 AM
Those are some nice hit & miss engines. I am always fascinated by all the different ignition systems they were able to come up with.

10x
04-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Those are some nice hit & miss engines. I am always fascinated by all the different ignition systems they were able to come up with.

Ah, the sound of the rail way speeder as it moved down the track, firing between 30 and 120 times a second depending on the grade.....
One of my older friends was a machinist and built running scale models of these engines. Right down to the ball governors. Ignition was a sore spot with him. He would run points and a 6v coil. he would also use naptha for fuel. Folks would look at the engine on display, see the battery and say "Too bad it runs on a battery" . He did build a diesel engine to scale - scaling down a reliable injector system (10:1 ) that would run for more than a few minutes defeated him.

Alstep
04-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Nice pictures, 10X. Love that Oil Pull driving the thrasher in the last pic.
Mr. OPOS, a nice collection of hit-n-miss engines. I've got a Jaeger just like yours. Isn't it nice to get them all going on a nice day and just sit back and listen to them put & pop?

opos
04-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Nice pictures, 10X. Love that Oil Pull driving the thrasher in the last pic.
Mr. OPOS, a nice collection of hit-n-miss engines. I've got a Jaeger just like yours. Isn't it nice to get them all going on a nice day and just sit back and listen to them put & pop?

Here's the before and after pictures of the Jaeger...it was missing a ton of parts and what wasn't missing was stuck...turned out really nice ...the pic makes the blue a bit brighter than it really is but what the heck...runs about 250 rpm's all day long.

Alstep
04-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Nice Jaeger restoration.

Heres a 8HP Associated, New Way, and Ottawa log saw.
I belt the 8HP to a buzz saw, and it will go through a 7" piece of hardwood like butter. Amazing the power they produce.
Mr. Blacksmith, I try to make it down to Kinzers for their August show. We should get together. My son lives in Wilmington, sounds like that's not far from you.

Alstep
04-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Sorry folks, pictures didn't come up in the right order. Top left is the New Way, right is the Ottawa, below the Associated.