PDA

View Full Version : Another mass stabbing

DCM
04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/09/at-least-5-reportedly-stabbed-on-lone-star-college-campus/

Sensai
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM
I heard that he had one of those high capacity box cutters.

Goatwhiskers
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
As so many have said, a nut-case will use any weapon at hand to do their evil. What are the lib idiots gonna want to ban now? GW

blademasterii
04-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Quick, ban all pointy objects. Remove all pencil sharpeners. Only issue sporks in the caffateria. Round off all corners on desks and hallways. Or better yet. News blurb. The attacker has been identified by the victims, tried, convicted and executed. No names, no background, no pondering why he did it. He did it, there were lots of witnesses, no question it was him. Bang, sentence carried out. Next...

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-09-2013, 07:21 PM
rumored to have been an exacto knife.
In a gunfree zone, no less.
Jon

white eagle
04-09-2013, 07:30 PM
not to make light of the tragedy at hand but like most of you I believe that evil will happen and will continue until the evil doer or doer's are stopped by whatever means necessary

9.3X62AL
04-09-2013, 07:36 PM
not to make light of the tragedy at hand but like most of you I believe that evil will happen and will continue until the evil doer or doer's are stopped by whatever means necessary

You nailed it, sir.

Mal Paso
04-09-2013, 07:54 PM
They should ban the 100 packs of E-XACTO blades. No more than 10 blades per pack. Handle can not be transported with the blade in place. Blade and Handle have to be stored in separate containers etc.

x101airborne
04-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Guess I need to start burying carpenters knives in the yard next.

Charlie Two Tracks
04-09-2013, 08:02 PM
What is up with these young, white males? There has to be some kind of connection. It's just strange.

hiram1
04-09-2013, 09:43 PM
the dope they take so they wont be hiper

Swamp Man
04-09-2013, 09:59 PM
What is up with these young, white males? There has to be some kind of connection. It's just strange.

They are on those government mind control drugs. Have you noticed that everyone of the guys named as the shooter in those mass shootings were on drugs that make them act like their brain dead? Now have you noticed there has been NO mass shootings now that they are pushing all their gun bills? Just wait if the Dems don't get their way this week on the gun bills there will be more mass shootings before long.

TXGunNut
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
the dope they take so they wont be hiper

That seems to be a nagging common thread but it's not getting much press. We can publish the names of permit holders but we can't even mention the drugs that mass-murderers are prescribed before they go off the res.
I'll never forget a guy who attempted suicide with an x-acto knife. Wasn't pretty, think I'd rather be shot.

popper
04-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Some pol got on TV and a stated that the parents of the school shootings should Abe allowed to vote on the senate gun bill. Where do these idiots come from?

Swamp Man
04-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Some pol got on TV and a stated that the parents of the school shootings should Abe allowed to vote on the senate gun bill. Where do these idiots come from?
If they think they should get to vote then so should we.

RobS
04-09-2013, 10:37 PM

Yep and John Browning had the answer for evil people way back in 1910 and then the US Army adopted his design in 1911........over 100 years of recycling garbage. It's painfully obvious that evil can be in any corner, dark alley, home, roadside or where ever and the law is not a followed obligation nor a consideration by such individuals. This is where policy makers' logic fails miserably; those that follow the law will have nothing and those that don't will find whatever means to do destruction and ruin lives.

jblee10
04-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Why are so many of these incidents happening in gun free zones? Ban gun free zones!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is so pathetic to play on the high emotions of the parents who have lost children. That is one of the lowest things our worthless president has done to this point. How does that *** sleep at night? I have friends that have lost children to drunk drivers. And I have friends that have lost all of their children in a period of three years. My friends did not think clearly for years afterwards, and may still be emotional basket cases at times. For politicians to use these people to further their agenda shows what type of people these politicians are. It is sad and disgusting.

MT Gianni
04-09-2013, 10:39 PM
And this occurs in a State with restrictive knife laws in place. Yes, I am borderline political which could get this thread redirected if it goes any further that way.

Mallard57
04-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Is it the drugs that they are prescribed or the fact that they aren't taking them? I tend to believe most of the folks that do these things won't take their medication. That's the case with most people I've been around(granted not a huge amount) of people with mental issues. I don't think these issues are going to go away, society isn't ready to hold these people down and give them their medication.

Moondawg
04-12-2013, 08:06 PM
I heard on the news that a campus carry bill passed the Texas house. Now it's on to the senate. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

TXGunNut
04-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Is it the drugs that they are prescribed or the fact that they aren't taking them? I tend to believe most of the folks that do these things won't take their medication. That's the case with most people I've been around(granted not a huge amount) of people with mental issues. I don't think these issues are going to go away, society isn't ready to hold these people down and give them their medication.

Good question, I wish I knew. Suspect both situations contribute. As a peace officer I got to know one very large and powerful young man who was prescribed some pretty powerful psych drugs. He was also slightly mentally challenged and from time to time he would neglect to take his medications. When he was taking his meds he was a good worker and good guy. When he didn't take them he was scary. I don't think he ever hurt anyone, he just didn't like people around when he was like that. Several officers got to know him and could convince him to take his meds or help obtain them if necessary. Not too many years ago a man like that would have been institutionalized.
As far as drugs causing homicidal behavior I've often wondered but never ran into it. In today's HIPPA and politically correct society I doubt we ever will hear much about it.

Gliden07
04-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Oh my God an "ASSAULT KNIFE!!" we should ban them!! If the politicians had their way we would all be walking around with Sporks!! Although the Spork would probably be a Bullpup!! Call Diane Feinstein!!

BBQJOE
04-13-2013, 01:17 AM
They might as regulate gumballs in order to stop insane people.