PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast for Supper - and old 'taters

Revolver
04-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Yesterday was great, sometimes it is the simple things. My wife wasn't feeling well so my 12 year old daughter and I made breakfast for supper. She's quite a cook and made the eggs and biscuits while I figured out the bacon. We also made our own maped syrup for the first time recently.

I found an old sack of potatos that was starting to seep black ooze so after supper I did the logical thing... broke out the 44 mag. :) I really was feeling guilty, like I was neglecting the Redhawk since I got the 500 S&W. So we spent some quality time together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaWCQFa0jYk

Wayne Smith
04-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Fun, but you blew up a lot of starter spuds there. Next time cut them up, save them for the garden, and use that 300gr boolit for plowing the garden!

ultramag
04-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I have got to get me a HP mold. Every time I see those awesome looking boolits I get a little jealous.

Revolver
04-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Fun, but you blew up a lot of starter spuds there. Next time cut them up, save them for the garden, and use that 300gr boolit for plowing the garden!

Yeah, someone gave us a few sacks of these, evidently they had frozen and got nasty quick. I have one more sack that I will try planting. Recycled taters anyone?

jeepyj
04-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Well I must say I didn't know that is how Tater Tots were made before now. Thank you for the wonderful education and enjoyable video!
jeepyj

TheGrimReaper
04-08-2013, 10:36 AM
I lOVE breakfast for supper!!! It is the best then.

wallenba
04-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Spudcicles for the local wildlife?

Charlie Two Tracks
04-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Very good revolver! Thanks for letting us enjoy your evening with you. Great job on the film.

Wayne Smith
04-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah, someone gave us a few sacks of these, evidently they had frozen and got nasty quick. I have one more sack that I will try planting. Recycled taters anyone?

Not sure about frozen, didn't I see sprouts on some of them? Frozen don't sprout, they rot. Any with sprouts will grow when put in the ground.

Revolver
04-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Not sure about frozen, didn't I see sprouts on some of them? Frozen don't sprout, they rot. Any with sprouts will grow when put in the ground.

I dunno, that's what the wife said and I'm stickin to it. I do like the idea of planting them so I'm going to give that a shot with some from the 2nd sack. Making syrup... growin taters... what's next? Making my own bullets? :)

Wayne Smith
04-08-2013, 04:15 PM
When I was a kid in Palmyra we made our own syrup. Didn't grow potatoes, my uncle did. Dad grew wheat and corn and dry beans. Helped develop the Maine Yelloweye bean.

Cut the potato so that each section has an eye. That eye will grow into a new plant.