PDA

View Full Version : He's baaaaack..and asking for it!!!!

Gussy
08-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Past couple of mornings there have been fresh "calling cards" on my driveway. One by the old orchard and one near the house. Ole bear is back. Last year he near destroyed my 130 year old apple orchard of which I consider it my duty to preserve and protect for the next generation. I like those old trees, and they have the best pie, cider and dried apples I've ever had.

It's getting dry and last weekend I mowed up the canyon. My regular chore to make sure the weeds are down in case I need to take the ATV up there to retrieve some steaks and jerky. Well, the calling cards were thick up there too. Probably why old dog has been raising hell for the last few nights. I was blaming it on the full moon but not anymore.

My neighbor feeds the deer and his trail cam has afew photos of a fairly large black bear eating deer food. I may spend a bit more time this year to work on the problem.
Gus

SharpsShooter
08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
I know what you mean there Gussy. My former Boss's wife stopped in at work today. They sold the business where we worked toether several years ago but we stayed in touch. Anyway, she is haveing Bear problems at their home with him getting into everything. Their neighbors down the holler feed the deer 100 pounds of corn a week and he eats what is there and comes up the hill to look for desert. She wants him gone and does not care how as she has had a couple of run-ins with him at night when she was trying to get from, the garage to the house.

SS

CT Kid
08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Where do you guy's live? we don't have to many bears yet although we are just starting to see them here and there. It makes the news when they are found wandering around the neighborhoods.

Shepherd2
08-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Didn't your wife get a bear with her SUV a couple weeks ago? If it isn't repaired yet maybe she can solve the problem.

Gussy
08-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Chuck it's in the shop right now. Should be done tomorrow. She can start hunting again!! That explorer has had at least 3 deer and one bear. She's good!!!
Gus