PDA

View Full Version : Updated Castpics

wiljen
08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
The Castpics site (http://www.castpics.net) has been revamped and has a lot of new content. Beagle and Company have submitted 60 some articles to the site and we are still growing. I have also added a downloadable (pdf format) table of the lyman/ideal molds. Please take a few minutes to update your links and peruse the site. If you have ideas for additions, send em to me. Better yet, write an article and submit it (word format please).

Wiljen

PS - Castpics is up to almost 50,000 hits this month. A new record!

BorderBrewer
08-28-2007, 04:08 PM
The site looks very nice. Great collection of articles.
Thanks,
BorderBrewer

45nut
08-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Will has really given Castpics a new lease on life, very impressive. Thank you Will.

Shiloh
08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Well Done!!

Lots of relevant info all in one place.

Shiloh

floodgate
08-28-2007, 11:20 PM
wiljen:

There is a minor, but sometimes exasperating, gap in the CASTPICS / Moulds / Lyman pages, where the bullets between #311576 and #316475 somehow got dropped out. These illustrations and data were taken from the 1973 Lyman "Cast Bullet Handbook", and it is Page 213 - showing #31355 through #316275 - that is lacking. If you do not have this reference, PM me your s-mail address, and I will pull a copy and send it to you for insertion there.

We greatly appreciate your taking this on; CASTPICS is a GREAT resource, and I refer people to it quite often.

Thanks!

Doug Elliott / "floodgate"

felix
08-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, Doug, I guess it is about time we got that fixed. Either I missed it when I copied the stuff back in 1998 or Tommy forgot to link it. Knowing me, it was me. Thanks, Doug, for reminding us again.

I agree, Will is doing a great job. Hope he can, interest and health pending, last as long as Sundog did on the project. So here's thanks to Sundog and Will for taking care of Castpics. Tommy would be proud should he take another look. ... felix

MT Gianni
08-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Great job. I did have a group buy mold not listed, 311440 honcho'ed by Brian Doyle I believe. 'The Bator 358 heavy and light's also come to mind as the heavy is similar to 3589 but varies some. Gianni

Jack Stanley
08-29-2007, 10:47 AM
I spent some time wandering around the site .... pretty nice . I liked the projects like the shooting van and the huge melting pot .

Well done y'all . :-D

Jack

wiljen
09-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Great job. I did have a group buy mold not listed, 311440 honcho'ed by Brian Doyle I believe. 'The Bator 358 heavy and light's also come to mind as the heavy is similar to 3589 but varies some. Gianni

Those are not on the current site, if anyone has the diagrams for these or other GBs I am missing please forward them and I'll add em.

montana_charlie
11-17-2007, 12:09 AM
This may not add significantly to the knowledge base, but posting a link doesn't use up much bandwidth. While Googling for 'something' (don't remember what, now) I came across this page...
http://www.three-peaks.net/bullet_molds.htm

CM

wiljen
11-17-2007, 12:44 AM
This may not add significantly to the knowledge base, but posting a link doesn't use up much bandwidth. While Googling for 'something' (don't remember what, now) I came across this page...
http://www.three-peaks.net/bullet_molds.htm

CM

We have a downloadable (pdf format) version of that page on the lyman molds page.

wiljen
12-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Added a twist rates table today.

georgewxxx
01-21-2008, 12:15 PM
I just noticed the link at the bottom of this page is not a direct link to castpics. You have to wait to be redirected. It looks like it needs to be updated somehow. Not being a puter techie, I'm probably not using the right words, but I think you guys that run this sight know how to fix it. My guess it's something relatively simple to do...Geo

bruce drake
04-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Spammer!!!!

Thanks, Bruce - The above post was deleted... John