PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cal Gas Checks

Namerifrats
08-28-2007, 12:44 AM
I see the price of those things on Midway and don't really like it that much. $60 for 1,000 GC's to my door. I have a few hundred 440 Grain bullets cast up for my S&W 500 but haven't got any GC's yet. They are designed for them though. I've read of guys shooting GC bullets without the GC. I'm thinking of trying 5-6 like that and see what the result is. They will be light-medium plinking loads just to test it. Anyway, does anybody know where I could buy cheaper GC's or at least a smaller quantity. I really wouldn't think I need 1,000 in that caliber. I'd also gladly buy some (50-60) and cover shipping from anybody here that has extra just to see if the bullet really does that much better with a GC. If so, then I guess I'll end up ordering some.

BigSlick
08-28-2007, 07:17 AM
Go ahead and order them.

But, take a look at Gator checks before you order the Hornadys.

Gator makes a better check IMO and it's cheaper.

If you want to split some Gator checks, I can probably take 1000 (or whatever you don't use).
________
Expert insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

dmftoy1
08-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Wow . . . .they were $48 when I ordered them and I about choked. I'd be willing to sell you 100 of mine if you need them.

Regards,
Dave

Namerifrats
08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah they are still $48, but I just rounded it to $60 after the shipping, usually runs between $9-$11 on my smaller orders. Who sells these Gator Checks? dmftoy1, PM sent.