PDA

View Full Version : 'Bout ready to start shootin'

Jim
04-05-2013, 12:08 PM
The local weather forecast is predicting a few nice days comin' up. I'm looking forward to getting back out on my little 50 yd. testing range and pick up where I left off last fall.

The onliest shooting I've been able to do is a little plinking with one of my 22 single shot rifles or my pellet rifle off the front porch. And that was only because the weather was just barely warm enough on a rare afternoon that I could sit on the front steps for a half hour or so.

It seems like the cold gets in my joints and bothers me a lot more than it used to. This gettin' old is gettin' old. Usta' was, I could tolerate a coupla' hours in cold conditions. It's gotten to the point that I can't stay out in it very long any more. Onliest way I managed a few hours doin' a little 'coon huntin' was because the walkin' kept me warm and loosened up.

It's about to start warmin' up, though. It won't be long I'll be able to start doin' some testing again. I got a new 223 bolt gun to work on and I'm really lookin' forward to that. I've had the thing two months and I ain't pulled the trigger on it yet!

As soon as I get some results established, I'll start posting some documented targets.

Harter66
04-05-2013, 01:55 PM
I sure hear that . I've plenty of nice days just too much to get done and no desire to do any of it. I come to loathe the cold even when the birds are flying.

btroj
04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I had a pleasant morning at the range. Shot a few hundred rounds of 45 ACP and brought home 23 pounds of range scrap. Bowling pin isn't real happy about the deal but I left it where it won't be heard from again.

Nice to have weather in the 50s again. Not too hot, not freezing my butt off either. Soon enoughh the heat will start and it will be miserable.

Is there really such a thing as a bad day of shooting?

Jim
04-05-2013, 03:15 PM
.....Is there really such a thing as a bad day of shooting?

No Sir. But I've seen plenty of bad days TO shoot.

RayinNH
04-05-2013, 03:57 PM
From the title, I thought you were heading back to the courthouse with your rifle and jug [smilie=s:...Ray

x101airborne
04-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I thought you saw the Korean's coming over the hill.
Whites of their eyes, Jim. Whites of their eyes.
Me, I have drug cartels to the south, liberals to the west, and Washington to the north.
Just sittin here with my back to the ocean.

Jim
04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
I thought you saw the Korean's coming over the hill.
Whites of their eyes, Jim. Whites of their eyes.....

They don't wanna come around here. Some drunk fool downtown around the courthouse would meet 'em in the street with a shotgun and the game would be on!

x101airborne
04-05-2013, 07:34 PM
I dont know if it was true or not, but I heard Patton once shot down a German plane with a Peacemaker.
You will be the next legend.....
There goes Jim.... The only man in the last hundred years that ran every Mexican food resteraunt out of town, burned down the courthouse..... twice, shot every transformer and streetlight in town, and single handedly put a boot in Kim-Jon-Un's keister. That's why they say he is missin part of his ear and wears purple wool longjohns.

WILCO
04-06-2013, 04:04 AM
I dont know if it was true or not, but I heard Patton once shot down a German plane with a Peacemaker.
You will be the next legend.....
There goes Jim.... The only man in the last hundred years that ran every Mexican food resteraunt out of town, burned down the courthouse..... twice, shot every transformer and streetlight in town, and single handedly put a boot in Kim-Jon-Un's keister. That's why they say he is missin part of his ear and wears purple wool longjohns.

Can't wait for the movie!

missionary5155
04-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Good morning
Patton.. It is documented he did shoot at a strafing ME 109 in Tunisia with his caliber .32 Colt Auto. There were at the same time, many other auto loaders in the process of discouraging "Little Willie's" marvel from returning. I would not be surprised if another day he pulled his caliber .45 Colt and let fly a few cartriges.
Back in 1972 2nd Armored had a nice museum at FT. Hood. Numerous tidbits about Gen. Patton were unvealed along with some of his personal items. The Tank Museum at Ft. Knox has (maybe had now) some other interesting Patton items to include his staff car.
Oh well, back to shooting. Was only 72 and dry here yesterday.. same today.
Mike in Peru

DLCTEX
04-06-2013, 07:41 AM
The wind was ripping it here yesterday.