Ed Barrett
04-05-2013, 01:25 AM
It's my favorite show too.

starmac
04-05-2013, 01:48 AM
never heard of it, what was it about??

dbosman
04-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Raylan Givens is a character of Elmore Leonard. The shows first episode was built around a story named Fire in the hole.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raylan_Givens

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/01/infinite-wisdom-of-raylan-givens/#page/1

captaint
04-05-2013, 08:12 AM
I have never heard of this show. Maybe I can catch the re runs. Mike

oldred
04-05-2013, 08:22 AM
I got rid of tv several years ago also however we do have Netflix but watch very little tv anymore and don't miss it! Netfix allows a person to be very selective and not having full time tv around has been a blessing, I think (no, I am SURE) that most people would be very surprised at how fast they would get over not having regular tv and once away from it would realize just how dumb and wasteful of time tv programing is. Whenever I am at someone's home and the tv is on I can see just how stupid most tv programing is, being conditioned to it before I had (like most everyone else) just learned to ignore that but no more, now I can clearly see it for what it really is! It finally occurred to me that we are granted only a limited time on this Earth and I can not bare squandering countless hours of that precious time sitting in front of a tv watching such mindless programing, folks really should think about all that wasted time. When a person adds up the hours per day it can be shocking at many days/weeks per year of their life is spent wasted that could be spent on far more enjoyable and productive pastimes, far as I am concerned tv truly is just a colossal waste of time!

jmort
04-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Like most everything moderation

runfiverun
04-05-2013, 11:34 AM
wow.... it's been on for three years.
I managed to not see it this long, I guess if I see it or something I'll give it a try.

montana_charlie
04-05-2013, 12:42 PM
wow.... it's been on for three years.
I managed to not see it this long, I guess if I see it or something I'll give it a try.
I haven't watched it, either. Been too busy watching NCIS re-runs ...

Bad Water Bill
04-05-2013, 12:54 PM
What is a TELEVISION?

Is that what belongs in that big space on my bookcase.

Freightman
04-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Nothing on worth watching on TV now.
You mean there was something worth watching on TV? dang must have missed it ![smilie=b:

white eagle
04-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Breaking Bad is taking my TV time

oldred
04-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I have watched the first seasons but the rest is not available on Netflix yet however having grown up in the area and having spent a lot of time in Harlan, I lived in Pineville a few miles down Highway 119 from Harlan, I get a real kick out of the total BS from that program. Flat open country????? Are you kidding me??? That area is mostly straight up and down! And the way they just jump into their cars/trucks and run on over to Lexington like it's just the next community over is comical, Lexington is hours away. But of course I guess it goes without saying the people of the area are nothing like they are portrayed in the show with one notable and shameful exception, the drug problem is every bit as bad as it's portrayed.

David2011
04-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm not much of a fan of Broadcast TV networks in general but "Revolution" is kind of interesting. The underlying theme is that a device to control power went out of control and the world has been without electricity for several years. There's a mix of good vs. evil, eotwawki, $htf, survivalists with the militia which runs everyting and the resistance fighting the militia. Some easy on the eyes actors, too.

David

GOPHER SLAYER
04-05-2013, 04:11 PM
The series Justified was filmed entirely in Ca. just as the movie Holloween was, which was supposed to take place in Ill. We can't forget all the westerns John Ford made in Monument Valley, Utah which was supposed to be in Texas. I have never seen any part of Texas that looked like Utah. Oh well. I must admit, I liked the series and hated to see it end for the season.

shooter2
04-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Nothing on worth watching on TV now.

How about Duck Dynasty

Or, Person of Interest

That said, I will miss Justified.

oldred
04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
The series Justified was filmed entirely in Ca.

The pilot show was shot in Kittanning Pa near Pittsburgh but the rest of the series was shot in California with stock footage used of some locals in Pennsylvania. I really liked that show but I think they could just as easily have used fictitious names for the towns instead of using the names of real places and then presenting them in a totally fictional setting. I get a kick out of some of the road signs because they tend to use real names of local small communities but the background area might as well be on Mars! Also it's rather insulting as to how the locals are portrayed, especially the Law Officers, and while there certainly are criminal elements just about everywhere the locals are in no way like they are in that show, criminal or otherwise. That's why I think it would have been better to use all fictional names for the locations, they did use some fictitious locations and communities so why not all of them?

shooter93
04-05-2013, 06:11 PM
The books were great as are all of Leonard's books. For the Western fans here Elmore Leonard started as a Western writer. Then that market faded and he switched to mysteries. I have all his books and I rate his Westerns as extremely good well above Louis La'mours in my opinion. Worth getting if you like Westerns.

firefly1957
04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
My daughter bought me season one for Christmas wife liked the show so much she bought season two, we rented season three and when i see season 4 i will get it. I did try to watch one on the internet but something was blocking it? I am still watching Grimm on TV but there is not much on.

oldred
04-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Maybe not tv but I'm still PO'ed that they never made sequels to Quigley Down Under and Open Range!

firefly1957
04-07-2013, 04:09 PM
oldred you are correct they could of had a great TV series based on that or even some good movies of when they came back to America. I am not sure if you remember but Selleck made a big point in promoting the movie that the real hero was the rifle and not the man that made the media squirm a bit.