PDA

View Full Version : My Wife Thinks I'm Famous

Smitty's Retired
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Well, that's not exactly what she said. What she actually said was that I made her think of Clint Eastwood. Well.... not actually the young dashing good looking movie star version, but that sometimes I remind her of the grumpy old guy he played in "Grand Torino". Plus she said that here lately, a lot of times after I watch the news, I tend to grumble and talk to empty chairs.

Hmmmmm, I guess that's alright. I could have been compared to a lot worse.

x101airborne
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
My wife compares me to Ron Jeremy. Old, fat, and hairy.... just minus the ahem, "fame".

Now tell her to get off your lawn.

oneokie
04-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Famous is much better than infamous.

Jim
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Janet just thinks I'm plumb crazy. I suppose there's some justification in that. Whadda' ya' make of a man that talks about getting soakin' wet stoned on good whiskey an' goin' downtown to shoot the windows outa' the courthouse and then holdin' up the mexican restaurant?

sparky45
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
My wife compares me to Ron Jeremy. Old, fat, and hairy.... just minus the ahem, "fame".

Now tell her to get off your lawn.

He's also assumed room temperature.

44man
04-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I go up and say "whats that junk on the TV?" Carol says "go in the basement."
So here I am again! [smilie=b:

Blacksmith
04-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Janet just thinks I'm plumb crazy. I suppose there's some justification in that. Whadda' ya' make of a man that talks about getting soakin' wet stoned on good whiskey an' goin' downtown to shoot the windows outa' the courthouse and then holdin' up the mexican restaurant?

Wasting whiskey. You can do that on cheap whiskey. The good stuff should be used in moderation to make you mellow and loving, that way you can enjoy every sip.

PS Paul
04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Me and the spouse had the usual "Wednesday night argument" over watching firearms-related programs on the Outdoor Channel last nite. She won. I got to enjoy a solid hour of "Housewives of Beverly Hills". Now THAT is frightening.

Harter66
04-04-2013, 05:01 PM
i've been compared to alot of things ...... Charley Brown mostly Brutus Thornapple runs a close 2nd.

ACrowe25
04-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Me and the spouse had the usual "Wednesday night argument" over watching firearms-related programs on the Outdoor Channel last nite. She won. I got to enjoy a solid hour of "Housewives of Beverly Hills". Now THAT is frightening.

That's my favorite time. Means I get to reload without mine coming downstairs lol

Lead Fred
04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Famous is much better than infamous.

Sez who?

Mrs Fred says we are all on the way to imfamous

shooter93
04-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Colleen refers to it as....The World According to Scott. I've told her I had worked hard and I'm going to be a great Grouchy Old Curmudgeon....she replied...Going to Be?????.....I get no respect...lol.

TJF1
04-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Not as bad as watching hln nancy grace
terry

David2011
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM

Condolences. SWMBO knows that Wednesday night is Outdoor Channel night. With a little luck the patio will become a sunroom/bar/tv area this summer and we can each watch what we want. I'm just not into American Idol and The Voice the way she is.

I'll be there with Jim in spirit and spirits.

David

Jim
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I'll be there with Jim in spirit and spirits.

David

Come on over! :bigsmyl2:

Flinchrock
04-04-2013, 09:50 PM

I'm in!!!

Idaho Mule
04-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Jim, you best watch that bottle of George Dickel, that's dangerous stuff. I packed a moose hunter in to the upper reaches of Moose Cr. one time many years back and he and that George guy got in a pretty bad fight. It was comical to watch, really, but the funniest part was when I heard someone wretching and purty much dieing at about 4 am the next morning. Looked out of my tent to see who had been kilt, and he was poked out of his tent on hands and knees talking to the Buick Gods. That pup tent thing with him wretching out the door of it looked kinda like a big turtle eating grass. Still an image I can't seem to get rid of, kinda horrific,yet funny at the same time. He got his moose the next day tho. JW

btroj
04-04-2013, 10:01 PM
My wife thinks I am more like a Dr Suess character. She frequently tells me I am a Grinch.

Little does she know my heart will never grow 3 sizes........

geargnasher
04-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Notice Jim didn't post a pic of the GOOD stuff. He keeps that in a jar in his gun room labeled "barrel solvent", the stuff in the pic is probably the guest booze. :kidding:

BTW, Jim I'm currently enjoying some of The Macallan, stuff tastes a lot like Drambuie.

Gear

TXGunNut
04-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Agreed on the keeping guest booze, can't have folks making margaritas with my sippin' tequila! Agreed on the Macallan, Gear. Good stuff when I can afford it...should have never tried the 18 yr old. If you're in the mood for a lowland Scotch McClelland's Islay is pretty impressive, especially for the price. Must agree with Jim on the Clan MacGregor, a very good blended Scotch. My dad introduced me to Evan Williams, I kept a bottle of it around here for him until he died, now I keep it around to drink a toast to him now and then. Damned fine bourbon.

Blacksmith
04-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Guest booze? He only has one bottle of each and some of those aren't full! That won't be enough for all of us.

44man
04-05-2013, 07:09 AM
I am jealous, I bum money from the wife and look for $12 booze! Whats left gets me some chew.

linotype
04-05-2013, 08:37 AM
"Whadda' ya' make of a man that talks about getting soakin' wet stoned on good whiskey" (that comes from having to sippin' taste too many brands of good whiskey to find just the right one - for that day) "an' goin' downtown to shoot the windows outa' the courthouse" (that's proof of small town boredom. The town needs a good local gun range or a shooting gallery or at least some type of Zombie IDPA public course) "and then holdin' up the mexican restaurant?" (What can I say, all the signs of good taste - dry shelter, good atmosphere, good hot food, BYOB, hot and cold running water, indoor plumbing, and a place to hang out with friends. All in all, a very smart move.)

Bad Water Bill
04-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Get the girls out here.

Girls Isn't that photo a FAKE?

Not one speck of dust there.
Who can sip stuff and put the bottle back after a few without scratching the shelf just a little bit?
Ain't gonna happen if someone works at those bottles.

OOPS just looked and only 2 of those bottles have the seals broken.

Now girls tell us what you would do about someone that expects us to believe that type of SIPPER?:bigsmyl2:

Tazman1602
04-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Come on over! :bigsmyl2:

But Jim I don't see a bottle of Pappy VanWinkle in there! Shame shame shame!

A couple of years back Michelle and I got in a fight and I told her maybe we should get a divorce. She informed me I DO NOT get a divorce. As I gazed at her with a strange look in my eyes I asked "Why not".

Her response was that it was my punishment as an old man to put up with her shat since she put up with me being a MORON as a young man.

..........I simply hung my head as my face turned red because there IS a measure of truth to that one.....

Art

Jim
04-08-2013, 09:37 AM

You know what that stuff is goin' for IF you can find it? :shock:

A couple of years back Michelle and I got in a fight and I told her maybe we should get a divorce. She informed me I DO NOT get a divorce. As I gazed at her with a strange look in my eyes I asked "Why not".

Her response was that it was my punishment as an old man to put up with her shat since she put up with me being a MORON as a young man.

..........I simply hung my head as my face turned red because there IS a measure of truth to that one.....

That's whatchya' get for actin' like a moron, ya' MORON! :bigsmyl2:

popper
04-08-2013, 09:52 AM
She just calls me grump-pa. I tell her I'm old and it's allowed to be that way. Never could afford the 'good' stuff but I did have a 'bombshell blond' last weekend.

Tazman1602
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM

You know what that stuff is goin' for IF you can find it? :shock:

That's whatchya' get for actin' like a moron, ya' MORON! :bigsmyl2:

Oh I KNOW Jim, BELIEVE ME I KNOW!!!!

Art

nagantguy
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
must be something in the air, my lady has started to comment on my "old man grouchiness" latley, dont remeber her saying such even a year ago. i do think the world is spiraling out of control and the whole sh****t house is about to go up in flames.

shooterg
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
I wish my wife thought I was just famous - when I get the monthly bills it's obvious she thinks I'm rich too !