PDA

View Full Version : Mingo County WV Sheriff Murdered Today

wv109323
04-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Just after noon today 4-3-2012 a man pulled up to the car of Sheriff Eugene Crum and shot him point blank multiple times. The Sheriff was in a parking lot eating his lunch. The Sheriff was observing a site that had just been busted as a "pill mill". The Sheriff wanted to make sure that no new people "were back in business".
This Sheriff had just taken office in January and his election campaign was to rid the county of drugs. He had made several arrests for drugs and even arrested the printing company owner that had printed up his campaign posters. The owner was selling drugs on the side.
Please remember the Crum family in your prayers. The Sheriff seemed to be doing a good job in the first months of his term.
Motive is not known but the suspect was from the same community as the sheriff.
The suspect in custody now is a known low-life.

Lefty SRH
04-03-2013, 10:15 PM
hang em high!

TXGunNut
04-03-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm really concerned about stories like this, I sincerely hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. This may be business as usual in some countries, never thought I'd see it this close to home. Thoughts and prayers indeed, but I hope we'll find the time to expand that to all peace officers, prosecutors, judges and prison officials.

bruce drake
04-03-2013, 10:23 PM
West Verginia better have this as an Automatic Death Penalty case for murdering a Sheriff.

TXGunNut
04-03-2013, 10:44 PM
West Verginia better have this as an Automatic Death Penalty case for murdering a Sheriff.

May not be necessary. His physical therapy starts when he's released from the hospital, hopefully they'll handcuff him to the trailer hitch of a pickup and tell him to have a nice run on the way to jail. I'll bet there's 20 miles of gravel roads between the hospital and the jail, even if they're a half mile apart. He's cost the taxpayers enough already, costs of a trial would just make it worse.

runfiverun
04-03-2013, 11:21 PM
so one officer in Colorado, an ag and his assistant ag in texas, and now this one.
I am beginning to keep an eye on this stuff.

HangFireW8
04-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Welcome to Mexican style society. Unfortunately it is this country's appetite for illegal drugs that feeds this murderous behavior both North and South of the border. Also unfortunately it will be used as ammunition to further restrict our second amendment rights... just like South of the border.

akajun
04-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Ive been to Mingo county, Nice place, but I could see the influence of drugs everywhere. Said it back then that it needed to be cleaned up.

cbrick
04-04-2013, 08:35 AM
hang em high!

High and quick in the town square, make a public example of the ***.

Rick

John Allen
04-04-2013, 08:39 AM
I just can not wrap my head around the illegal drug market. I grew up in a decent family and never thought about doing drugs. All you had to do was look at the strung out people that ruined there lives. I hope they catch this person and he resists arrest.

Pb Burner
04-04-2013, 08:48 AM
They already caught him, and supposedly there are multiple eyewitnesses. Very sad....

popper
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Hangfire - so true. Our gov. has a solution that doesn't work but they can't admit it. It will get worse, count on it. Too many states legalizing bad stuff and taking the good stuff off the books. Then claiming they are 'protecting' us. Mostly caused by people who think they don't have enough shoes in the closet.
Read the press release on this case. His dad said he had mental problems. Lloyd will probably ding me on this but - if he can walk, talk, drive a pickup and pull a trigger, he doesn't have a 'mental' problem. Many people do have real mental problems like wearing a tin foil hat during a lightning storm. Too many just use it as an excuse for anger and bad judgment. Others have brains fried from using drugs. Really hard for me to feel sorry for any of those.

1Shirt
04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I am kinda in the same boat as Run, AND there is merit to the thoughts of Hang Fire.
1Shirt!

km101
04-04-2013, 11:58 AM
This type murder of officials is getting to be an epedemic. Our society doesnt seem to care about law OR order anymore. This was last week in Texas:

Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland, 63, and his wife, Cynthia, 65, were found dead Saturday, shot in their home near Forney, about 20 miles southeast of Dallas.

Their deaths came two months after Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse was fatally shot while walking from his car to his office in the county courthouse.

So far, investigators have not identified a suspect or even officially connected the two slayings.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/04/03/4748528/perry-cites-border-security-in.html#storylink=cpy

wv109323
04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
West Virginia does not have capital punishment. At worse he will get Life Imprisonment with No Chance of Parole. The taxpayers of WV will have to support him the rest of his life.
Maybe this will get the lawmakers off their tails and get it passed. A capital punishment law has been introduced into our legislature every year since it was reinstated by the SCOTS but never passed.
There is a lot of rumors about a motive. Apparently the Sheriff knew this individual as both were from the same community. The individual did not have a criminal record but did have mental issues.

armexman
04-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Here it comes. The cartels are starting to export their thought processes. In 2000 we had the constable of our town, in my native village in Mexico murdered; by a young man I knew from childhood.
This was the first recorded murder of a local LE in that region of the state of Morelos, Mexico by the "cartels". Since then, gradually and slowly at first 90%-95% of so called law-enforcement in Mexico switched to the dark-side.
My point is to reinforce what a previous poster wrote; they will start targeting the honest folks to move their agenda of controlling the so called "legalized" market. Those persons that you see at the forefront of the legalization movements will soon find themselves out of a job and and life. The money behind the so-called legalization is really highly organized cartel businesspersons.
I understand the grief the family of the Sheriff is going through; the constable was my uncle.
This will be as dangerous as the North Koreans!!!!!