PDA

View Full Version : I've noticed "Our Town" is being littered with political posts.

WILCO
04-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Sure would be nice to get away from topics that need to be in the pit.

Trey45
04-03-2013, 05:11 PM
We move as many as we see to the pit, our job as mods would be so much easier if:
1.Political posts were put in the pit where they belong.
2.People would report political posts elsewhere so we can move them to the pit.
Thanks.

Jim
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
..... our job as mods would be so much easier if:.....

Thanks.

That's easy enough to do.

runfiverun
04-03-2013, 11:40 PM
is that what the upside down yield sign with the pole dancer on it is for?

Love Life
04-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Did somebody say pole dancers?

Phoenix
04-04-2013, 02:17 AM
The problem is what is a political post? does it have to contain actual politics, names of people that are in politics. Is discussion about free markets politics? Is people venting about prices politics? I am not trying to play devils advocate. but to some anything that gets heated is political in nature. This discussion about political posts could be considered political. Personally I like to see healthy discussion if nothing else it tells me who I want to associate with. I try to stay out of the heated stuff as I get too bent out of shape and it is amazing how much stress can effect you when you have even a minor neurological issue (lower back injury) it flares it up and for me can make my whole lower body numb. I know some are obvious others are just discussion. Just spurring thought.

The other facet of this is the pit is for 'Political and religious' discussion. I am going to assume that most things that are not creating too much obvious animosity and as long as things dont get too hot, or 'tin foily' then it stays here. Obviously if you were to stick to the strict definition of the pit half the posts here would have to move there.

WILCO
04-04-2013, 08:05 AM

Thanks.

Roger. WILCO. Have seen a man about a horse, will form up a citizens patrol.

shooterg
04-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Never been to a Town with no Politics/Politicians !

45nut
04-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Phoenix and shooterg bring up the obvious, there is no town without politics discussed and we need to keep that in mind.
As pointed out the obviously heated topics can easily be moved but this area is for coffee counter discussions like home, health and family which are all being taken over by the politicians and we need to be aware and this area while not specific to any one topic, if folks mind their manners I see no fault in helping keep aware of the ongoing assaults to our pursuits of life,liberty and happiness.

blackthorn
04-04-2013, 12:11 PM
There is NO facet of our lives that is not affected by politics! For example, the topic just before this one about the murder of the West Virginia sheriff is both a subject for disscussion in "Our Town" but it is definately tied into politics! I think those who have suggested that heated topics (or ones headed in that direction) need to be moved are right on the money---the others---not so much.

Smitty's Retired
04-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Roger. WILCO. Have seen a man about a horse, will form up a citizens patrol.

Is that politically correct????:bigsmyl2::kidding::guntootsmiley: