PDA

View Full Version : For the FFL holders

FLHTC
04-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Im not sure where to ask this but this forum seems to get the most viewers so........
If Obama gets the mandatory background check for firearms and ammunition, it seems that passing that bill will effect many things. Since the federal governments definition of ammunition encompasses all its parts as well as the completed round,that means no more sales of once fired brass or bullets that we have a surplus of without doing a background check or we're charged with a felony. Has anyone thought if this? The stream of reloading components will essentially be shut down in the private sector. The cost of a background check added to a box of bullets from your dealer will get costly.
It sounds like the background check to include ammunition is a Trojan Horse. Any experts care to chime in?

FLHTC
04-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Just left my recycler and was told that they're not allowed to sell recycled brass and lead any longer. I really feel for the guys just getting into this sport because their gun is slowly becoming a paper weight.
They're not going after the guns, they're going after the ammunition.

swheeler
04-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Sounds like the plan all along, who says commies aren't smart.

dragon813gt
04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
The owner of the yard made the decision to not sell to the public. A lot of them do it. But there are no federal laws preventing them from selling to the public.

I have not read a copy of what the universal checks would entail. I haven't heard of them encompassing more than firearms themselves.

FLHTC
04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't think this has been the plan all along but it certainly is the plan now. The feds are going to include the ammunition in the background check to stop the sale of components. This has never been the plan as components were always available. The background check doesn't have to include ammunition for the check on firearm purchases to be effective and the feds know it. Nobody is going to take anything away, they're just going to make it impossible to get.

FLHTC
04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
The owner of the yard made the decision to not sell to the public. A lot of them do it. But there are no federal laws preventing them from selling to the public.

I have not read a copy of what the universal checks would entail. I haven't heard of them encompassing more than firearms themselves.

Everytime Biden speaks, he includes the word "ammunition" in the background check. He wouldn't say it unless there is a plan to do it. I sincerely hope Im wrong but my gutt feeling tells me Im not.

cwheel
04-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Of course I hope they get nothing new on the books for laws. They don't seam to know how to enforce what they have now. I always thought the Eric Holder plot to send guns to Mexico was all about showing they came from normal people, and have a reason for more gun control, lucky he got busted doing this. He should be locked down in prision now. Think about this, the holder of a CCW is exempt from a brady check. One brady check each time the CCW is renewed. This is a federal law. If a brady check becomes necessary for every box of 22 shells, one might consider getting a CCW if you can, in your state, to be exempt from this madness.
Once the gun control folks discover this fact, I can see them trying to change this as well as fast as they can.
Chris

FLHTC
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Of course I hope they get nothing new on the books for laws. They don't seam to know how to enforce what they have now. I always thought the Eric Holder plot to send guns to Mexico was all about showing they came from normal people, and have a reason for more gun control, lucky he got busted doing this. He should be locked down in prision now. Think about this, the holder of a CCW is exempt from a brady check. One brady check each time the CCW is renewed. This is a federal law. If a brady check becomes necessary for every box of 22 shells, one might consider getting a CCW if you can, in your state, to be exempt from this madness.
Once the gun control folks discover this fact, I can see them trying to change this as well as fast as they can.
Chris

I've had my permit for 30 years and still have to do a background check when i buy a gun. What state do you live in that doesn't require a background check for permit holders? I see you live in Nevada but the check is federal and having a state carry permit doesn't eliminate it.

runfiverun
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
all we need to do is show a ccw license also.
the back round checks go through bci not the whomever.
there are different agency's for everything.

FLHTC
04-03-2013, 11:44 AM
We used to be able to show a permit to wave the waiting period but every dealer I've encountered, even at shows does the background check. This is odd since its a federal check. Is there a list of states that don't require it for permit holders?

dragon813gt
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
The CCW no background check for a purchase is dependent on the state. I'd imagine it's in states where you have to qualify for the permit. Nothing is required in my state to acquire the permit so I still have a PICS(Pennsylvania Instant Check System) run on every purchase. The system can barely handle to load now. Make it required for ammo and it would be overwhelmed and bankrupt very quickly. People need to wake up and realize what those type of programs cost to run.

mdi
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
What seems to be missing around the media and politicians' bla-bla, is that we already have background checks. The first gun I bought new, from a dealer was in '69, and a back ground check was necessary back then, and the gun I bought last November, a background check was mandatory. I think the uninformed populace (liberals and do-gooders) don't know that it's already on the books, and think anyone can go in a store, plop down some cash, and walk out with a gun. I also believe the anti-gunners are pushing legislation for background checks, that has "riders" for more serious stuff/restrictive legislations.

David2011
04-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Texas also recognizes a concealed carry permit and waives the background check. You still fill out the 4473, though.

David

Stonecrusher
04-03-2013, 07:14 PM
The CCW no background check for a purchase is dependent on the state. I'd imagine it's in states where you have to qualify for the permit. Nothing is required in my state to acquire the permit so I still have a PICS(Pennsylvania Instant Check System) run on every purchase.

In Georgia there is no qualifying for carry permit either and the background check is waived for permit holders.

Herb3
04-03-2013, 08:48 PM
In South Carolina I still have to fill out the 4473 but no background check is required for a CWP holder here.

whisler
04-03-2013, 10:55 PM
KY requires the paperwork but no background check for CCW holders.

runfiverun
04-03-2013, 11:57 PM
they want the "40%" of sales that aren't checked stopped.
odd that, since they choke cough don't cough keep choke records cough cough.
apparently 1/2 of the guns we all buy we sell immediately to someone else.
in my case it's more like 99 out of 100.
I only have one rifle and one handgun left.
they are both belt fed and have 100 round clips with wheels on the bottom as back-up.

Huntducks
04-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Woa wait a min. there is nothing being purposed on ammo at the federal level that I have seen or heard from the NRA or GOA and I get email every day.

The gun sales they want to stop is F2F private party non FFL holders it has been that way in Ca. since 1994.

I'm not OK with any of it.

Your going to see alot of state that are passing anti-2A laws in court and losing but it will take time and damage will be done, they have two stupid ones just introduced here in Ca. one has to do with repairing hi cap mag that you no longer can buy parts or the tool to work on them LOL guess you won't be able to own a screwdrive hammer dremel....

Case Stuffer
04-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Those who have not as yet need to get up to speed on what has been happening in the UN. That Treaty when ratified by 50 Nations will effectively trump the second amendment. Wake up there is a New World Order being drafted and set in place. The Big Brothers of the world have joined forces and are out to make very well behaved childred of all of us.

By the way the move to disarm the citizens of UN Member Nations in fact first started there in the mid- sixties.

BBQJOE
04-04-2013, 09:15 AM
As long as we have congress people this damn stupid, we are in real trouble. You just won't believe what she says. Watch it, it's only 40 seconds.
http://cnsnews.com/blog/stephen-gutowski/co-sponsor-bill-banning-magazines-mistakes-them-bullets

uaskme
04-04-2013, 09:22 AM
They will fail to get the gun bans and will then go after ammo and components. If they get universal checks on guns they will expand it to ammo.

sundog
04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah, and they live amongst us. They do not know what they do not know, and do not even know it. Their entire world is defined by how they feel and how someone else tells they should. Pretty sad. And THEY want me to be tolerant. Ha!

dakotashooter2
04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I have also heard that the records database is often a year or more behind due to reporting issues by law enforcement. It's not going to stop the guy out on bail for an assault charge from buying a gun because his charge hasn't hit the database yet. Or the guy just found to be mentally unstable. Sounds like a lot of "loopholes"..............

It could also have the unintended effect of people starting to buy in quantity to avoid the hassle every time. So instead of the average hunter having 2 boxes of shells he now might have 10 or 15. Guys buying .22 shells might start buying 5000 rnds at a crack............... so instead of having a limited number of people haveing large "caches" of ammo, everyone would have a large "cache" of ammo...............

If they are going to have a background check on ALL ammo sales they would almost have to serialize it to be able to enforce it. How else would you stop the private transfer.

trapper9260
04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
IA you need to do the paper work but not check with the CCW or you have a perment to buy a handgun,that is good for one year.

dakotashooter2
04-04-2013, 10:18 AM
In most cases a background check for a CCW is probably more thorough than the standard NICS check and it is a form of registration so in most cases it is allowed as a substitute for the NICS check. The thought process being that you have passed a background check and if you had any current violations your permit would have been pulled. Some states may have stricter standards though.

uaskme
04-04-2013, 10:22 AM
They want to limit ammo purchases. You are going to hear more talk about people with ammo stockpiles. They would get rid of 500 round bricks. They could issue you a card with a limit on it. After your card is punched, you are done. Could be done with powder and other components. This stuff sounds like common sense to a lot of people. Most people see no value in spending time at a shooting range. I think people are going to keep hording stuff and there are so many first time buyers that dont have any ammo the supply problem wont go away. I looked on gunbroker this am. 22 ammo is still selling for $85 a brick and it is new buyers that are bidding it up. Dealers are getting ammo and selling in on gunbroker because they dont want to gouge their customers and piss them off.

Case Stuffer
04-05-2013, 08:29 AM
SOme must never watch TV much or go to a movie. It has been shown / taught for years that once a magazine ( boolit holding thing of a mo jiggie) is empty you throw it away. When all of you boolit holder things are empty you throw the gun away.

If you are really well trained then you use a knife instead of a gun cause it does not jam,run out or make noise that gives your position away.

Hell Jim Booie knew this way back when . Stop worrying about Guns and Ammo and start learning to kill with just a swift kick or behaps even with merely a stare.

JimP.
04-05-2013, 09:17 AM
no background check in NC with valid CCW.

dragon813gt
04-05-2013, 12:12 PM
It's looking like the tree of liberty is going to be refreshed. And sooner rather than later. I'm not a conspiracy guy so I don't buy the NWO completely. But it does feel like American citizens are becoming peasants. But who is the master? Corporations, the governement or extremely wealthy individuals? It's bad when people look at you like you're a wacko because you beleive in the constitution.

Jim
04-05-2013, 12:22 PM
..... But it does feel like American citizens are becoming peasants.....

I'm not a history expert, but if my memory is correct, there's been quite a few gummints overthrown by peasants.

dragon813gt
04-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Oh I know that. But at this point in civilization you'd think that we would be beyond the need for that. Just shows you what true human nature really is.