PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell empty brass now?

Ohio Rusty
08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm assuming I'm correct that Ebay stopped the selling of empty pistol brass. I checked out both Auction Arms and Gunbroker. There is brass listed on their auctions, but most of the auctions had no bids. On Ebay, all the auctions always had tons of bids. Where is the most productive gun site for selling brass empties now?
Ohio Rusty

kodiak1
08-26-2007, 11:15 PM
ammobrasstrader.com is a website where they trade, barter, sell and buy brass and other reloading items.
Ken.

Single Shot
08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Haven't found a good one yet.

You can trade in handgun brass here for a discount on AMMO.

http://nationalbullet.com/

pumpguy
08-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I think I saw somewhere that Gunbroker sent emails to a lot of the guys who had brass for sale on ebay. It might take awhile, but, I think their sites will get better in terms of brass sales. We'll see.

georgeld
08-27-2007, 12:36 AM
If you enjoy swapping what you have for what you want/need.

ammobrasstrader.com can't be beat

Ohio Rusty
08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Some of these auction sites look like ghost towns when it comes to buyers. I sold my .44 pistol so now I have lots of .44 special brass and dies to get rid of. I'm not sure if it is best to just set on the stuff and wait until the sites get better or just put the stuff up for sale and hope for the best ..... I really dislike trading as I always feel like I'm getting the raw end of the deal when it is over and the other guy walks away laughing .... Sales are usually best for me imho ....... So let me ask another question. Lets say I have 600 to 700 pieces to sell ...... Is it more productive, meaning will brass sell better if you broke it down in two smaller lots of shells, or is it better to sell your brass and one huge bulk amount? If you buy brass empties, how do you prefer to purchase it?
Thanx ......
Ohio Rusty

McKenzie
08-27-2007, 01:34 PM
So let me ask another question. Lets say I have 600 to 700 pieces to sell ...... Is it more productive, meaning will brass sell better if you broke it down in two smaller lots of shells, or is it better to sell your brass and one huge bulk amount? If you buy brass empties, how do you prefer to purchase it?
Thanx ......
Ohio Rusty

I prefer to by 500, or 1000, piece lots. Shipping on smaller lots is prohibitive.

dakotashooter2
08-27-2007, 02:25 PM
You may have noticed a couple of things on those sites that likely are the reason there are few bids....

1) much of the brass is being sold by dealers and is new

2) the starting price ( on once fired) is often higher than the final selling price was on Ebay

I think things will balance out over time buy it may take a while. Another factor may be that a certain % of the stuff over at Ebay was being sold by non-shooters who had no idea what it was worth so they started off low and that pricing strategy maintained itself plus the volume helped to maintain the low prices.

45 2.1
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Some of these auction sites look like ghost towns when it comes to buyers. I sold my .44 pistol so now I have lots of .44 special brass and dies to get rid of. I'm not sure if it is best to just set on the stuff and wait until the sites get better or just put the stuff up for sale and hope for the best ..... I really dislike trading as I always feel like I'm getting the raw end of the deal when it is over and the other guy walks away laughing .... Sales are usually best for me imho ....... So let me ask another question. Lets say I have 600 to 700 pieces to sell ...... Is it more productive, meaning will brass sell better if you broke it down in two smaller lots of shells, or is it better to sell your brass and one huge bulk amount? If you buy brass empties, how do you prefer to purchase it?
Thanx ......
Ohio Rusty

How much you want for the 44 Spl brass? PM me with a price shipped to Illinois if you will.

mister gizmo
08-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Personally, I don't care for the auction process. I sell my once-fired rifle brass in lots of 150 pieces and up on this forum, the Handloading board and the 6mm forum. I know what it's worth, discount it a bit and set a fixed price to include shipping by priority mail. Everybody wins.

My 45 pistol brass is sold here and on the 1911 forum, in lots of 1000 up. Other pistol brass goes on the S&W forum and the Handloading message board.

Bret4207
08-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Try selling here.

Sundogg1911
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I think gunbroker will pick up. i'll probably start puting some of my cast boolits on there. I used to put one box of an oddball caliber cast bullets and sell 5 boxes. That probably won't happen very soon on gunbroker. guess i'll keep the day job a little while longer ;-)

GrizzLeeBear
08-27-2007, 10:03 PM
You may have noticed a couple of things on those sites that likely are the reason there are few bids....

1) much of the brass is being sold by dealers and is new

2) the starting price ( on once fired) is often higher than the final selling price was on Ebay

Same thing goes for molds. Most of them have a starting price higher than what you can buy them retail from Midway, etc. I don't know what these people are thinking. I can't believe they do much business at prices like that. Maybe prices will come down to reality on this stuff when a little more competion moves to gunbroker, etc.

Bad Water Bill
08-28-2007, 02:34 AM
Most of the ebayers seem to have way to much money and not enough knowledge. They dont have a clue where to buy items other than on ebay. Granted you can find a rare or obsolete item but when I see people paying more for once fired brass then you can get new from Midway or Lock Stock & Barrel I have to think something is wrong. Also WHY do people on a firearms site INSIST on paypal only when it is well known that paypal supports the brady bunch. O well maby I am just getting old and just dont understand MODERN economics.:confused: BWB :castmine: