PDA

View Full Version : Texas Wants It's Gold Back

km101
04-01-2013, 10:11 PM
This article was sent to me today by a friend......

The State of Texas wants its gold back..and so does Governor Rick Perry.

The state legislature has a pending bill that would establish a Texas State Bullion Depository to house $1 billion in gold bars owned by Texas within the state. That gold is s now stored at the Federal Reserve in New York City.

Governor Rick Perry is very vocal about the idea. On Glenn Beck's radio show, the governor said Texas was “in the process” of “bringing gold that belongs to the state of Texas back into the state.” He said that the state was at least as capable as the Federal Reserve of safeguarding Texas’ “physical gold.”

“If we own it,” Perry said, “I will suggest to you that that’s not someone else’s determination whether we can take possession of it back or not.”

The bill's sponsor, State Rep. Giovanni Capriglione, R-Southlake, was quoted in the Texas Tribune, “For us to have our own gold, a lot of the runs on the bank and those types of things, they happen because people are worried that there’s nothing there to back it up.”

“We don’t want just the certificates. We want our gold. And if you’re the state of Texas, you should be able to get your gold,” said Capriglione.

If this goes through and Texas is successful in getting its gold back within the state's borders, it will be interesting to speculate whether other states, particularly Red states will follow Texas' lead and start a trend.

DLCTEX
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Be interesting to know if it is actually still there. Who has seen it in years?

Lead Fred
04-01-2013, 10:26 PM
The Federal Reserve owns the most gold in the world.
France has been trying to get its gold from them for a few years.
When The US gobermint gave the gold to the fed in 73, We the people lost it for good.

I just read an article today that the fed announced that gold is not money.

Sure glad that private corporation does not have to obey the constitution.

km101
04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
We dont even know if the gold is there in Ft Knox, much less the Federal Reserve in NY! The Fed wont even let Congress verify the gold stocks. That tells me that something is wrong with the Fed's accounting.

The Fed is right on "gold is not money". Our currency has not been backed by gold for decades. That's why all currency now says "Federal reserve note" rather than "Gold Certificate" or even "Silver Certificate".

TheGrimReaper
04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Heck yea!!! They should really push it too.

xs11jack
04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
France reniged on her WWII debts to us, and the US government bailed her out and keep her citizens from starving and the French government solvent the first few years after WWII. So any gold of France's in the US aught to be considered payment of debt and it sould stay here!
Jack

Bad Water Bill
04-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Speaking of war debt IIRC Finland is the ONLY country to have paid us on WW1. Not one country has even tried to pay us on WW2 bills OUTSTANDING.

We could solve many of our problems if we could collect and mark the bills PAID IN FULL WITH INTEREST.:bigsmyl2:

Come on an OLD MAN can dream can't he?

Harter66
04-02-2013, 09:22 AM
My god where would Nv put it all.............

We tried to pave Virginia City in silver once.....

Bad Water Bill
04-02-2013, 10:00 AM
My god where would Nv put it all.............

We tried to pave Virginia City in silver once.....

Many years ago I read a report that said IF Nevada were an independent country and went after ALL of the gold in the state they would be the 6th largest EXPORTER of gold in the world.

F Y I Nevada also produced some of the most expensive turquoise in the world and the claim was cleaned out in 1 day.

It currently selling for $200.00 PER carrot. YUP I GOT MINE. [smilie=w::bigsmyl2:[smilie=w:

runfiverun
04-02-2013, 10:16 AM
i'm afraid texas is gonna have to go to Dubai to get it back.

Harter66
04-02-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm a lifer here . 20 miles from my front door is a small claim turquoise mine and a gold mine that produced 2 millionth oz about 5 yrs ago. Galena as in lead is 90 miles north. tungstun 75 miles east . I live in Mineral co so named because the deposites were on the surface laying everywhere. lots of cool deposites around.

JIMinPHX
04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Stacks of gold bars were indeed still present in the Fed reserve bank in NYC back in the late 70's. That's the last time that I personally laid eyes on them.

I'd like to see this go through. It would certainly be a wake up call to all the financiers who are not accustomed to being checked up on.

pressonregardless
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM
i'm afraid texas is gonna have to go to Dubai to get it back.

Or most likely in the "city of London". Texas isn't the only one that wants their gold back. Germany, France & Venezuela all want to repatriate. Last I heard Germany has been told that they can have it back around 2020. Libya had about 140 tons pre-invasion, would suspect the people running the show in London will be happy to "take care" of it for them.

Seems like a while back we had some unelectable guy running for president that had been talking about gold for about 30 years, dang shame nobody paid attention to him.