PDA

View Full Version : This is what I got today.

44man
04-01-2013, 12:05 PM
You may or may not know this but George Soros owns most of the ammunition manufacturing companies and many arms manufacturers as well. He's selling ONLY to the government right now, per WH & DHS orders. My son works for ATK, who owns just about all the rest of the ammunition companies that Soros doesn't own. He tells me that ATK has been ordered by the federal
government to curtail sales of ammunition, primers and powder to the retail market. What you see currently on the shelves is old stock and what's left in the warehouses since the CT shootings and new stock will NOT be appearing anytime soon. ATK and Soros' companies have more than enough government contracts to keep them going for years to come.

Like Soros' companies, ATK is a huge defense contractor and they've been told to sell ONLY to the DOD, TSA, FBI, DHS and local/federal law enforcement agencies. This is VERY scary and VERY ominous for what's coming down the
pike in the future.

My son has seen the proposed pricing schedule for Federal, CCI, Hornady, Remington, Winchester and several other ammunition manufacturer's lines of ammunition, components, reloading equipment (ATK owns Outers, RCBS, Hoppe and a host of others) and he's flabbergasted! As an example, when the sales of .22 LR bulk ammo resumes, the pricing will be over $50.00 for a
535-round Value Pak! That's nearly a dime-a-shot!! They're also going to raise the prices by 300 - 400% on dies, presses, powder measures and the like. He's in management there at ATK in Salt Lake City and they're NOT happy with it at all! They firmly believe this will basically shut-down the civilian market while leaving the government as the only purchaser of their products. He saw the government pricing for the centerfire ammunition they've been stockpiling and their prices have actually dropped from a year ago so the feds are buying this stuff REAL cheap while we can't even get our hands on it at all!

Something I've always said since Obummer came onto the scene in 2008 is that, even if they can't actually ban the weapons themselves, the government will make it nearly impossible for us civilians to feed them with ammo, reloading components and the like. The WH doesn't HAVE to actually ban the guns, as Biden said in one of his many faux pas, foot-in-the-mouth, Freudian slip speeches he's famous for making. " All we have to do is to make it too expensive to use them and the public will eventually give them back to us if we offer an attractive price for these weapons". What's an "attractive price" - a $10.00 Walmart gift card for a $3,000.00 custom hunting rifle? Those were his EXACT words in one of the speeches he gave to the freshman congressmen last week! Remember, Biden was one of the architects of the Clinton gun ban of years ago. I think he's as dangerous to the Second Amendment as Obozo is, maybe more so,
because he's so stupid and doesn't know the muzzle of a gun from the butt...

Feel free to pass this on so gun owners will be aware of what we're up against. I doubt the NRA can do anything about it, IMHO. La Pierre can get on all the talk shows he's invited to and cry the blues about the assault weapons laws that are forthcoming from the WH but the real crux of the matter will be whether or not we'll ever be able to purchase ammunition (at all) or, if we can, what we'll be paying for it.

As an aside, here, I deal a LOT with Midsouth Shooters Supply for my reloading components. Two weeks ago I ordered 500 cases each of .45 Casull, .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum and 9mm Parabellum. I was told everything I had ordered was out-of-stock and no in-stock delivery date was being forecast.

They wouldn't even accept a backorder for this stuff! Thing the
government isn't manipulating it? Think again, my friend...

felix
04-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Yep, this is CORRECT info. ... felix

runfiverun
04-01-2013, 12:28 PM
except ATK isn't in salt lake city.
it's further north out west of Brigham city, i used to do their fire sprinkler systems installation and renovation.

Chicken Thief
04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Guess ya'll going to import reloading stuff from Europe?

3006guns
04-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Just forwarded to several fellow shooters, relatives and friends. If this is true.......and I suspect it is.......all the hoopla about reloading your own primers and making your own powder might just be closer to the truth than we realize.

This country needs an enema.............

Edit: I guess I must have missed something. How does the federal government "order" a civilian manufacturer (ATK) to stop selling to the private market? It just struck me as wrong.....

Bullshop
04-01-2013, 12:52 PM
More hype? Can the gov give such an order? Barring illeagal activity can the gov legally make such an order outside of marshal law?
Why have laws in the first place if they are ignored? Why not just everyone make there own as we go.
Look they know we are an angry mob and that it wont take much more button pushing for the seems to bust loose. Is that what this is just more button pushing to get the mob to freak and force marshal law?
More exect orders today on GC more button pushing?

David2011
04-01-2013, 12:55 PM
This could also be an Internet rumor- it was also posted in February on HuntingPA.com.

http://factcheck.org/2011/10/george-soros-gun-grab/:
Q: Does George Soros own the company buying many firms that make guns and ammunition?
A: No. Contrary to a fanciful claim made in a viral email, the Freedom Group is not linked to the liberal billionaire. The National Rifle Association says the real owners are “strong supporters” of gun rights.

David

joesig
04-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I sure hope you will say "April Fools!" before midnight.

felix
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Suggestions ARE orders in disguise. ... felix

Adam10mm
04-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Heard that one back when Clinton was in office. Names changed. I like the "son works at ATK" line. So he is privy to pricing sheets at wholesale or he just sweeps the floors? Lots of people work for ATK that don't have any insight of the business aspects of the company. All these companies that Soros owns are never factual.

Bullshop
04-01-2013, 01:01 PM
How about the free enterprise spirit? If there is $ to be made someone will provide.
Think black market. They will start smuggling primers and powder with the drugs.

novalty
04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
I sure hope you will say "April Fools!" before midnight.

That makes at least 2 of us.

KCSO
04-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Actually CCI will be releasing a ton of ammo in April after the fiscal year. In addition Black Hills is up and running and has (mm availablle now for dealer sales i have 5000 rounds coming. Hornady is also catching up on back orders and will be delivering soon. Wal-Mart got in 22's the other day and sold them out at 19.95 a carton.

subsonic
04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
This is un-true.

oneokie
04-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Edit: I guess I must have missed something. How does the federal government "order" a civilian manufacturer (ATK) to stop selling to the private market? It just struck me as wrong.....
For starters, ATK is the current operator of the Lake City Ammunition Plant. Current .gov contracts for ammunition could require all of the output of the various divisions of ATK.

Sensai
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Anybody have a calendar ???

PS Paul
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
ATK/Federal is still shipping ammo from show orders. I just took in a pallet of 9mm, .45 acp AND 223 last week..... as well as .22lr, which has been the single most difficult thing to get during all thischaos.

44man
04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
This is un-true.
I hope so. I don't believe much from the net but Soros is scary and has so much money involved and so many fingers in everything anti American, Glenn Beck calls him "Spooky Dude."
I take stuff with a grain of salt but stuff needs discussion to find the truth.
I kept getting stuff that said "verified by Snopes" or some such to find it was a liberal couple working from their house that I still don't know the truth about. The thing that those around me are liberals that never worked for a living or worked for the government. Anything I say to them brings up Snopes as confirmation.
The only thing left is for us to find the truth and today I don't think it can be found.
Why is there no sporting brass or powder to be found? Is it because of a rush by shooters because of Obama? Or are all materials being diverted to military use?
I truly hope it is because of us shooters and nobody goes to Snopes to confirm that.

onceabull
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Whether or not this started as an April Fools joke, It's absolute Bxxx xxxx. Cerberus has publicly announced intent to sell Freedom Group( Remington,et al) asap. Public perception is that the decision is due to pressure from major hedge fund investors ,including California public employees retirement funds.. Looks like another albatross around Cerberus neck,but nothing like the scale of their adventure with Chrysler...[smilie=b: Onceabull

PbHurler
04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Well shoot,
I guess I'm off to call the local recycler to see if they'll come by and pickup, and then dispose of ALL of my lead stores. Between this news & the loss of all of my firearms in a boating accident this last weekend; I guess I'll take up grass blade collecting instead.

It's been a blast guys.............

runfiverun
04-01-2013, 03:51 PM
funny,,, Remington just bought that barrel maker in Montana...

44man
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
The only thing I know for sure is there is nothing to be bought. Gun stores are bare and could go out of business. Distributors can't get stuff. I looked at Powder Valley and it is a string of "out of stock."
My friend found a 50 round box of .22 ammo for $14 at a store and told the clerk he was crazy.
It is here so if you call it bull, please tell us all so we can relax. I also don't want false information the other way.

marlin39a
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't believe this at all. Reminds me of the Internet hoax about Soros buying Rem & Bushmaster.

missionary5155
04-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Good Afternoon
Whether any of this is true... If we can't see the clouds on the horizon then we had better invest in very good raincoats because the storm is brewing.
The American revolution was won by 10% of the available population. Granted 50% of the population sided with the lobster backs. So of available sympathisers 20% did it all. We may be faced with the same sernario in our day. But one thing is for sure... We are all branded already brothers ! Now is the time to be considering real preparations.
Mike in Peru

BLTsandwedge
04-01-2013, 06:16 PM
The Freedom Group is also known as The Remington Outdoor Company as in the 190+ year-old Remington. Here's their 10K- their annual report- it looks to be a few days old. The Remington Outdoor Company is the largest US producer of arms and ammunition.

http://www.freedom-group.com/FreedomGroup2012_10-K.pdf

Of interest is the risk analysis from pages 20 to 29. Here are the statements salient to this thread:

- Total TTM (trailing twelve month) sales ending December 31, 2012 to federal, state and local governments: 14%
- Total TTM sales ending December 31, 2012 to Wal-Mart (net receivables): 14%

Why are these risks? First, sellinig to the government subjects products to discount and volitile receivables....think continuing resolution, fiscal cliff and sequestration- all these 'crises' slow payment to government contractors. With 14% of receivables being subject to volitile payment, you don't look so good to investors or lenders. Wal-Mart is a big concern because they are big- one giant customer exposes Remington to all of Wal-Mart's risks too. Both of these issues relate to timely payment on receivables.

The most glaring aspect is what is NOT said in this report. If you scroll through their risk analysis it is quite forthcoming. By law it has to be- failing to identify a risk will certainly and absolutely lead to lawsuits from the stakeholders. There is no mention of an impending increase in government sales. Since the last edit of this document was only 11 days ago, it would necessarily contain information about a massive market share move into a market considered risky!

Lastly, on page 108 is a name list of beneficial owners. Soros ain't there. Cerberus is the L.P. that owns 95% of the outstanding common shares of the Remington Outdoor Company. Soros does not control Cerberus. In the immortal words of Pogo: "we've met the enemy and he is us."

km101
04-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Didn't this same post (or a very close variation) appear about 1-2 months ago? I think there is a little fear-mongering going on here! I talked with a Winchester rep about 6 weeks ago, and he said that they are producing full out. He did not know of any shipping restrictions or "industry pricing programs". He said that the "conspiracy theories" are just that.....Theories!

Char-Gar
04-01-2013, 06:38 PM
We have enough panic buying and hysteria without this kind of nonsense pouring gasoline on the fire.

44man
04-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Thank you, I feel better. I hate internet junk.
There is no way for me to pick it apart. Nothing but panic caused by those elected to protect this country under the Constitution that they tossed in the shredder.

cheese1566
04-02-2013, 08:57 AM
we have enough panic buying and hysteria without this kind of nonsense pouring gasoline on the fire.

agreed!

Tazman1602
04-02-2013, 09:11 AM

Fair Trade act? Who IS John Galt?

Art

cbrick
04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
A very similar "report" came out during the Clinton years and the first assault weapons ban. It has resurfaced several times in the years since. I have read that so many times over the years I knew what the next paragraph would say before I read it.

soros while agreed is the most evil *** on the planet does not own the firearms or ammo companies, this has been researched several times and no, not by snopes. Snopes is a scam, they research little to nothing, much of what they report is simply liberal cool aid. It was started by a guy and his wife while out of work and they have scamed a lot of money off it since.

Ok, put on your aluminum foil hats, re-read post #1 and then forward to everyone on your email list.

Rick

Moonman
04-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Some folks, NEED TO TAKE A PILL, get a Fishin' rod out and relax on a lake somewhere.

We shall survive this PANIC PERIOD, and the market will recover.

So give it a break, Relax a little bit, have some fun, and QUIT passing out INTERNET BS Please.[smilie=b:

Blacksmith
04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
It must be true I saw it on the internet along with your French model boy friend.

PLEASE if you are re-posting something from the internet or that you received in an email do everyone a favor and if you didn't check it out yourself then state where it came from and provide any links to the original.

oldred
04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
This story is just more internet BS! The same story has circulated at least two times in the past and it's just internet hype. In the first place the Government can not "order" a private company to do such a thing as long as it is operating within the law, at least not without special circumstances and any such attempt would have been headline news!

cbrick
04-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Well, my girl friend is a French model and I did meet her on the internet, since they don't allow pictures like this on this site I'll just post a link to her favorite pose.

Rick's French girl friend (http://www.lasc.us/poodle-2.jpg)

Rick

montana_charlie
04-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Thank you, I feel better. I hate internet junk.
There is no way for me to pick it apart.
Did you try to before posting it here?

Did it come to you in an email, or as a link to an article?

If you get it as a link to a story, somewhere, post the link with a short description of what it's about.
Let the reader make up his own mind about it's authenticity.

If just an email ... with no original source identified ... it is foolish to post the contents as 'facts' for us to base future decisions on.

CM

dakotashooter2
04-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Sounds like propoganda being promoted by the "other" side...........................

Blacksmith
04-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Well, my girl friend is a French model and I did meet her on the internet, since they don't allow pictures like this on this site I'll just post a link to her favorite pose.

Rick's French girl friend (http://www.lasc.us/poodle-2.jpg)

Rick

No doubt her name is Fifi. She sure looks cute.

Case Stuffer
04-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Facts :

On Jan.21 2013 I purchased a new SA XD Sub Compact 9mm for CC to replace my AMT Hradballer .45ACP . When I purchased the XD the decent size gun shop had only 3 50 rnd. boxs of 9mm and they were 115gr. FMY relods from ESTATE and listed as range and target loads. I was able to purchase two boxs since I had purchased a new pistol otherwise limit was one box per customer. I was by the same store a week ago and they still have very little 9mm ammo.

I ordered a box of Speer Gold Dot 115hgr. JHP +P+ the day I purchased the XD and it took 6 weeks to arrieve even though it was listed in stock at Ammo to Go. Also took six weeks to get 8 pounds of instock HS-6 powder from Powder Valley. One week after powder was delivered I found WW-231 on line at another place ordered 8 pounds and received it one week later .

Thanks to members here I was able to purchase 3,750 range pickups 9 mm brass. I have had primers on order for close to two months and as yet have no idea when they may show up but was able to purchase 5K locally at $40 per K and they has perhaps to 20K with no limit posted.

My over all point is that ammo and componets are in fact in short supply / back ordered but a trickle is still showing up.

Lucky for me I hoarded some powder and primers for over 30 years and still have not loaded a primer less than 30 years old this year but I did have to open the 8 lb. bottle of HS-6. Still had progressive presses and dies , RCBS Pro Melt and molds and members here have been a source of lead and lube.

44man
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
It must be true I saw it on the internet along with your French model boy friend.

PLEASE if you are re-posting something from the internet or that you received in an email do everyone a favor and if you didn't check it out yourself then state where it came from and provide any links to the original.
I posted to get a real answer from my friends, not to promote it. I have no way to prove it.
You must help and dis-prove it. So if you say it is wrong, you must also show proof.
I can't, I am not smart enough to find the facts. Too many lies on the net.

runfiverun
04-02-2013, 04:50 PM
never hurts to ask.. and I can't think of a better place.

and as soon as I seen ricks French model I thought of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baMAA8F7FQ0

couldn't help myself.

Moonie
04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Variations of the Soros owns everything gun related makes the rounds every few months. This is at least the 8'th time I've seen it, each time I think the wooden stake/silver boolit has been used finally to kill it off, then it comes back...

MtGun44
04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Soros does NOT own all the ammo companies. This has been looked into and is
either not true or if somehow actually true it is EXTREMELY well hidden and not
through any direct investments that are publicly known.

One company has been buying up many gun makers, but the rumors and claims
that Soros is behind it have been looked into repeatedly and nothing found
that is true.

Internet rumor.

Bill

Blacksmith
04-02-2013, 05:46 PM
44Man
The way your original post was written it sounded like you were writing the letter and your son worked for ATK and said those things. Since we know you we thought you were saying this was all true. If at the start of the post you had added something like:

I got this email today and need everyone's help to find out if it is true or not. Has anyone heard about this? Do you think it is true?

That would let people know you were not sure and people would check it for accuracy before passing it along.

To help you find the truth about things some things you can try. Email letters that are unsigned with no indication of who wrote the original message are always suspicious. Emails that talk about major important things but there has been no mention of them or discussion on the news or the forums you visit should be checked out because the news gets paid to find stories and most forums are on top of what interests their members.

Another thing to try is to copy the complete first sentence or a section that gives supposed facts and figures and then paste it to the Google search box and look at the sites that show up and see what other people are saying.

Just let people know where you got something and ask for help and we will.

TXGunNut
04-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Zombie Hoax.

10 ga
04-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Amongst all my SHTF stuff is a helmet. Military grade, and it has liners of aluminum foil, copper foil and lead foil. HA HA HA. Just in case, sorta like having insurance. Ya never know. Some people say I'm paranoid, but you know they are watching.

10 ga