PDA

View Full Version : Daly Shiloh (Smaller version)

kywoodwrkr
08-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Anyone have any specifics on the new Daly Shiloh rifles?
about 80% size of full size Shiloh.
Like to know estimated cost and etc?
Thanks.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

outsidebear
08-29-2007, 08:46 PM
If I am correct, this is where they got the idea from:
http://www.littlesharps.com/

longhorn
08-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Haven't seen a Daly; I've handled 3 of the Little Sharps, and while nicely made and proportioned, none was nearly as well finished and fitted as my Shiloh. Despite their price tag.....

longhorn
08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Just checked the Champlin website--he has 2 Dakota Little Sharps for sale at $3950 each. I'd judge that a little high for the marketplace, but not out of line with "suggested retail" or whatever is legal to say these days.

Jon K
08-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Dave,

I guess it fills the gap, if you're looking to shoot the smaller calibers and smokeless and kinda pricey.

You can buy a nice Shiloh for what one of the little ones cost. Just my $.02- buy a Shiloh and don't look back.

Jon

Boz330
08-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Dave, someone scanned in a flyer in a previous post but there was no price given. I haven't seen any of these in the mainstream yet but then I don't keep track that much anymore. Depending on price I would be interested in one of these though.

Bob

Freightman
08-30-2007, 10:19 AM
For $3295.00 for a complete rifle I am glad I have my Shiloh, haven't seen one but can't imagine it bieing better fit than the Shiloh. Might be faster to get but all good things are worth the wait.

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-03-2007, 05:10 PM
you can buy two Shilohs and specify upgraded wood for about $300 more than one of these "mini's" retails for. It's why they haven't sold more than a handful. Great concept, but these two guy must be paying themselves about $250.00 an hour labor.
Saw one in 30 Herrett at Quigley in 2005. Waaaaaay low on the "toy" list for that kind of $$$. I can buy a new Chapuis double rifle in 9,3x74R for that number.

JMHO

Rich
DRSS

6pt-sika
09-13-2007, 02:21 PM
There is a dealer north of Scranton PA on I81 that deals in Cooper , Cascade and Dakota .
When I spent a fair amount of time there I would hit this shop about once every two months . Anyway the last time I was there he had a pair of the Dakota Sharps . They were very very nice indeed .

One was a slightly used 38-55 (if I remmember correctly) that had a bunch of extras and they were asking $3500 . I think when the guy ordered it , the price was about $4250 .

And they had a new 32-40 that was also a sight to see , sorry but I don't remmember the price of that one [smilie=1:

I always thought it would be neat to get one in 7-30 Waters :drinks:

But like others have already stated , before I fork over the cash for one of these I will order a "fullsize" from Shiloh or C.Sharps [smilie=1: