PDA

View Full Version : time to press the gougers, found ammo reasonable

10 ga
03-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Just came from the big box of Bass XXX. They even had some ammo and I got a bit. Next time I see a gouger I'm gonna press for a much lower price and get it or walk away. Haven't gotten any gouged ammo anyway. Today got a bulk pack (250) of 22WMR for $52 and 2 packs of 50 in 17HMR for regular price. They had some 22shorts. No lr today but quoted as "we get them regular". Groundhogs beware, I have a seasons supply of ammo! What else is going on out there?
10 ga

Swamp Man
03-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Glad to hear you found some ammo at a reasonable price. I hope the scumbag gougers have to eat the ammo their stuck with when this is all over and done.

Iowa Fox
03-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Glad to hear you found some ammo at a reasonable price. I hope the scumbag gougers have to eat the ammo their stuck with when this is all over and done.

I'm hoping the same and that they are carrying it on their credit cars at a high interest rate.

uscra112
03-29-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm hoping the same and that they are carrying it on their credit cars at a high interest rate.

Oh, that would be justice now, wouldn't it? :violin:

My financial son-in-law has a saying: "Bulls make money. Bears make money. And pigs get slaughtered."

Love Life
03-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Oh, that would be justice now, wouldn't it? :violin:

My financial son-in-law has a saying: "Bulls make money. Bears make money. And pigs get slaughtered."

And...

Down South
03-29-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't think gougers are the only problem, just part of it. There are a lot of folks out there today with new guns looking for ammo. There are a lot of folks that have firearms looking to purchase enough ammo to weather out what might be coming.

I hope that I am wrong but I believe there are worse things on the horizon that doesn't have anything to do with Sandy Hook and the after effects.
We might see a slight lull in the ammo craze but this is not the end.
I'm thinking those containers of food with 7-10 year shelf life may be next on the short list.

I hope to God that I am dead wrong and everyone can point at me and say, "see, I told you so". I can be happy and eat crow at the same time.

DLCTEX
03-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Harry Ried's background checks bill would make it illegal (felony) to lend a gun to anyone with the only exception being a public shooting range. In the field, technically if someone holds your gun while you cross a fence you are in violation.

Swamp Man
03-30-2013, 12:04 AM
I don't think gougers are the only problem, just part of it. There are a lot of folks out there today with new guns looking for ammo. There are a lot of folks that have firearms looking to purchase enough ammo to weather out what might be coming.

I hope that I am wrong but I believe there are worse things on the horizon that doesn't have anything to do with Sandy Hook and the after effects.
We might see a slight lull in the ammo craze but this is not the end.
I'm thinking those containers of food with 7-10 year shelf life may be next on the short list.

I hope to God that I am dead wrong and everyone can point at me and say, "see, I told you so". I can be happy and eat crow at the same time.
I hope your wrong to.LOL I have to say I'm glad I'm a farmer and hunt,fish and can live off the land if need be. Because I think it may come in handy soon to know these thing.

Swamp Man
03-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Harry Ried's background checks bill would make it illegal (felony) to lend a gun to anyone with the only exception being a public shooting range. In the field, technically if someone holds your gun while you cross a fence you are in violation.

Harry the demotard is off his rocker and needs to be locked away for the good of the American people. He is as much of a threat to this country as Obama.

psychicrhino
03-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Yes, I too believe that what we might be seeing is the eye of the hurricaine passing overhead with lots more rocky weather on the other side. I think we are going to see quite a bit more legislation regarding more restrictive gun laws - then with another frenzy.

Bad Water Bill
03-30-2013, 04:54 AM
One of the things That will play directly into the ANTIs hands is the many accidents of gun handling,reloading or storage of STUFF by folks that got scared and bought guns etc and have 0 idea of how to handle them SAFELY.

btroj
03-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Exactly Bill. So many new gun owners and I just hope they know what they are doing. I feel the same way about the huge influx of new reloaders.

Geraldo
03-30-2013, 09:25 AM
One of the things That will play directly into the ANTIs hands is the many accidents of gun handling,reloading or storage of STUFF by folks that got scared and bought guns etc and have 0 idea of how to handle them SAFELY.

Yeah, I met a gun in a gun shop (when there was still powder there) who had bought a Dillon 650 and was trying to figure out how to load .223. Not exactly a beginners rig.

btroj
03-30-2013, 09:58 AM
A progressive is the worst thing for a new guy to buy.

Ohio Rusty
03-30-2013, 10:15 AM
At the recent gun show in Wilmington Ohio last weekend, gougers were still charging $60.00 for a brick of .22's. I was off yesterday and inquired at all the gun places within 50 miles of my house and there are no primers, powder or ammo to be bought. If they do get in a few sleeves of primers or a box of ammo .... It's all gone in munutes. A pound of Bullseye sold Saturday at a lancaster gun shop for $50. $50 !!! That is just stupid crazy !! I happened to have found another pound of Unique I stashed away and had forgotten about, so that will help add to my powder larder to get me through this silliness.

I'm actually considering getting a couple bottles of Jim Shockeys Gold BP substitute and trying that in both .38 and .44 mag --- considering there are hundreds of bottles of that on the shelves and no one wants the stuff, it might do OK as a substitute until all this blows over. I'll just be happy with what I have and use it until the new stocks of stuff start rolling in. I hope $50 for powder doesn't last forever .....
Ohio Rusty ><>

Hogdaddy
03-30-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm running out of H 110,,I'd like to find some local ; )
H/D

Love Life
03-30-2013, 10:33 AM
The best thing to do right now, if components can't be found, is stop shooting.

I'm waiting for the holiday season when people need to buy presents and get home for the holidays. They will then dump all the **** they charged up and spent their tax returns on. As a matter of fact I expect the massive buying to stop some time in June-July when all the tax money is gone.

Until then...65873