PDA

View Full Version : Paper cutter Sharps question?

Fly
03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
I ordered one & can't wait to get it, maybe next week.But I have been reading my tail off on these rifles.
When rolling paper bullets,why must the powder charge be attached to the bullet.Can you
not just push a self contained paper charge behind the bullet instead?

Fly:D

Nobade
03-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Sure you can. Or just leave out the paper entirely and pour powder in to the top. (muzzle pointed down of course.)

It's just a lot faster to load with a self contained cartridge when the bad guys are coming over the hill!

Have you found Charlie Hahn's tubes yet? Those work very well.

-Nobade

Fly
03-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Sure you can. Or just leave out the paper entirely and pour powder in to the top. (muzzle pointed down of course.)

It's just a lot faster to load with a self contained cartridge when the bad guys are coming over the hill!

Have you found Charlie Hahn's tubes yet? Those work very well.

-Nobade

Thanks buddy.Ya, I talked over the net with him, & I most likly will get some.I just
want to try the paper thing some first.Man I love this hobbie.There are so many differant
types of weapons.

Fly

DIRT Farmer
03-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Fly I turned a dowl to the proper size and after looking at the price of nitrated paper rolled a few from news print, tied to the base of the slug with cotton thread. There were a few shards of paper in the breach area but they left with blow tubing. It shoots fairly well, plenty good for deer to 100 with the barrel sights.

I'll Make Mine
03-29-2013, 11:33 PM
You can make your own nitrated paper, if you want to use it -- just get some potassium nitrate (stump remover from the garden store, if you can find the right brand, is 100% potassium nitrate), dissolve as much as will go into a small amount of hot water, and soak your paper with the solution before letting it dry on paper towels. Not much advantage to it if you're in a situation where you can take the time to use a blow tube, but if rate of fire is a survival issue, knowing you won't have paper embers lurking in the chamber is good...

Fly
03-30-2013, 12:59 PM
You can make your own nitrated paper, if you want to use it -- just get some potassium nitrate (stump remover from the garden store, if you can find the right brand, is 100% potassium nitrate), dissolve as much as will go into a small amount of hot water, and soak your paper with the solution before letting it dry on paper towels. Not much advantage to it if you're in a situation where you can take the time to use a blow tube, but if rate of fire is a survival issue, knowing you won't have paper embers lurking in the chamber is good...

Thanks guys.The guys here that know me know me know have plenty KNO-3.I make my own powder & fireworks, but I thank
you buddy for adding that.The greatest people hang out here.

Fly