PDA

View Full Version : Lord help me, I need some prayers

x101airborne
03-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Folks, I dont often ask for much. Especially for myself. But I am on bended knee now.
I am sick. I mean I am miserable. I have allergies so bad right now with the oak pollen coming down, I cant even think straight. I know I dont have to tell some of you who suffer with me about it, but with all the drainage, it is coming out of every pore of my body. I am wheezing with every breath and I just woke up to go stink up the flowers outside with vomit. Oh, this sucks.
Does anyone want to get into a gunfight? I am HOPING I lose right about now. I dont even think I have the will to win right now. I am so miserable. I may even come out with two duds and no reloads. Just dont wound me! I dont want to limp away from this thing!
GOD bless all the sufferers out there. I know I am not alone.
But I do feel like a weenie letting a little thing like this get me down. Please pray for me, please pray for us all!

hithard
03-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Local Honey, a spoonful a couple times a day starting before the season. Either this works or it's the placebo effect.....either way I don't care, as it works for me.

Nothing worse than sneezing while turkey huntin'

SlippShodd
03-29-2013, 02:23 AM
They got any bees in TX to make honey?

RoyEllis
03-29-2013, 02:42 AM
I'll be keeping you in our prayer list, I know how miserable you are. My sister suffers from allergies just as you do & I've seen how bad she gets. If I thought it would work then I'd come down & give you a blood transfusion from me, I'm not allergic to anything. Maybe it'd transfer some antibodies to help you out. Shoot, I can roll around naked in poison ivy and never break out one bit. Even wasp & bee stings barely make a tiny red dot on me. Been snake bit over 2 dozen times by cottonmouths & copperheads, not a single day in the hospital from them. I can't decide if I'm wonderfully blessed or horribly cursed....

x101airborne
03-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Wonderfully blessed!!!!!!

geargnasher
03-29-2013, 02:55 AM
Killer bee honey, directly from the hive, taken while holding a running chainsaw in one hand on full-throttle, is a sure cure for allergies, or anything else you might suffer in this life :kidding:

Seriously though, the only thing I can recommend is acupuncture from a REAL (read Asian) doctor. I don't know how it works, but it does, in just a few treatments.

Gear

x101airborne
03-29-2013, 04:13 AM
Killer bee honey, directly from the hive, taken while holding a running chainsaw in one hand on full-throttle, is a sure cure for allergies, or anything else you might suffer in this life :kidding:

Seriously though, the only thing I can recommend is acupuncture from a REAL (read Asian)
doctor. I don't know how it works, but it does, in just a few treatments.

Gear

Dont you just want to shoot me and get it over with? PLEASSSSEEE????

Although I need to get with that massage therapist, so maybe I could get both appointments in the same day.

This is worse than a Mead hangover!

Jeff Michel
03-29-2013, 04:21 AM
Allegra-D

square butte
03-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Google X-Clear and read up on it's affect on allergy problems. Nasal spray made with a sugar molecule called xylatol which does not allow allergens to adhere to and affect nasal and sinus cavities. We have seen it on multiple occaisions knock down swollen shut eyes and badly affected sinus problems in just a day or two. Also google MSM and read up on it's affects on allergies. It affects your inflamation and histamine response as related to your immune system. Both are natural and no interference with presription meds. Wife a Nurse Practitioner. Just some good reading and food for thought. You absolutely have our prayers.

btroj
03-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Dude, I will spend the next 3 months dealing with you all day long. Allergy season is upon us in Nebraska, or at least ramping up, and we get lots of allergy questions.
I congratulate you on knowing it is allergies and not a cold or the flu. Wish everyone did that.

I take a non sedating antihistamine and realize it makes it better but I still will suffer some. Something like Allegra, Claritin, o Zyrtec helps reduce the symptoms.

Sometimes we just need to suck it up. Allergies suck, there isn't really a way around them. Living in an area with lots of pollen produces doesn't help.

**oneshot**
03-29-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm right there with you.

dg31872
03-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Benadryl, either the real stuff or generic from wallyworld. It works, just keep it in your system. Sownside, it makes me sleepy. Dosen't affect me wife. It's cheap and works. For the headaches, try generic sinus tylenol, again wallyworld. I live about two hours north of you and have experienced this every year for sixty some years. Also, hot showers to loosen the crud in your sinus. Next year, start claritin daily before the trees start to put on leaves. Good luck.

missionary5155
03-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning x101
I will pray God gives you wisdom and releif. I get hit with allergies when up in ILL and it is no fun.
Father help my Brother. Mike in Peru

oldarkie
03-29-2013, 08:48 AM
your in my prayers sir,i suffer from this also. have you tryed a netti pot it works for me,first thing in the morning and last thing at night,all \else failsthe dr can give you a shot.no need to suffer,good luck.

winelover
03-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Have your doctor prescribe you one of those steroid nose sprays like Flonase or it's generic equivalent. I use to suffer from hay fever until I tried them. At most now, it's a minor annoyance.

Winelover

psychicrhino
03-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey 101 I'll send a prayer up for you. How bout a trip to an arid climate for a few weeks?

gmsharps
03-29-2013, 09:01 AM
Alegra-D works for me. You have to ask at the phamarcy to get the D and then sign for it.

gmsharps

Bo1
03-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Prayers sent..... This too shall pass.... Gods speed......
Bo

Wayne Smith
03-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Been on allergy shots (finally - late 50's! I started) for the past two years. This spring I'm trying without them. We'll see how it works. So far, so good

Charlie Two Tracks
03-29-2013, 09:25 AM
I will pray for your situation x101airborne. It is no fun at all. I had to have sinus surgery a few years ago. They didn't get it right the first time and had to do it all over again a month later. It did help though. I use a Neil med sinus rinse system and it really does work. Flushes out those things and clears stuff up. Might want to give that a try. Get the kind with a squeeze bottle.

s1mp13m4n
03-29-2013, 09:25 AM
I went to an ENT doctor a few years back. I am on Alegra 180mg ( anti histamine ) and generic Flonaze (nasal steroid) and I have never looked back. Please go to the doctor and forget the so called home remedies and old grandma myths of treatment. Alegra will not make you sleep and is a 12 hour pill. If you are sneezing, runny eyes, post nasal drip....that is anti histamine and not a decongestant issue.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-29-2013, 09:26 AM
I will pray for your situation x101airborne. It is no fun at all. I had to have sinus surgery a few years ago. They didn't get it right the first time and had to do it all over again a month later. It did help though. I use a Neil med sinus rinse system and it really does work. Flushes out those things and clears stuff up. Might want to give that a try. Get the kind with a squeeze bottle.
Really, it does help a lot.
http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse_isotonic.php
I wish I would have done this a long time ago. I could have saved myself a lot of misery. Oh ya, the surgeon recommended this system.

Case Stuffer
03-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Post #2 does in fact have the best answer. The honey needs to be from a local sideline bee keeper so that it contains local are pollens nd it should not be processed to death like commerical honeys. Heating it much and pressure filteing it removes most of the beneficial pollens.

Modern consumers tend to equate all honeys as being the same since commercial Clover honey processed by major labels is what most chain stores carry. Often even local sideline bee keepers heat and filter thier honey more thann it needs to be because the typical Happy Homemaker / shopper would freak out if they spotted a clump of pollen a bee leg ,wing etc. in their food.

gbrown
03-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Prayers go out to you. I'm in SE Tx, and, like where you live, there is always something blooming--fall and spring especially miserable. My allergies kick in and anything, pollen, dust, perfume, etc. just adds to it. Local honey, raw, not refined, will help. Find a bee keeper in the area and buy direct from them. The allergies problem seems to get better, at least with me, the older I get. Hang tough, PITA, but you will survive.

+1 on Charlie Two Tracks post

Calamity Jake
03-29-2013, 10:17 AM
"Does anyone want to get into a gunfight? "

Naw, don't want to waste a good boolit!!! [smilie=1:

But I'm praying for you.

Olevern
03-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Danger, Will Robinson, you is allergic to them hogs, and this big an outbreak means there's a big break in your high fence and a whole new invasion of them illegal aliens (piggies). Nothin for it but to grab sum buckshot, a shotgun and get after 'em.

(prayers going up, too)

runfiverun
03-29-2013, 12:16 PM
yeah allergic reactions suck.
I felt all allergy like in the winter time, and found out I was allergic to snow.
okay to a mold that grows in/under the snow it's called blue mold or something like that.
it plugs me up and then I get migraines as a nice bonus.

rush1886
03-29-2013, 05:01 PM
can't imagine anything worse than a mead hangover--therefore, prayers offered!!

popper
03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Let me know what you find. A few trips to Houston and then the mountain ceder snow blown in and I wake up at nite choking. Been so dry here I think we'll be seeing valley fever spores soon. You'd think I had stock in a tissue company. I did find the antihistamine eye drops help a lot. That 'glue' is more solvent to warm water in the morning.

scottiemom
03-29-2013, 05:21 PM
prayers going up-I can totally empathize only with me it is the pine pollen. Have you tried a nehti pot? that should help as well as keeping windows and such closed but I know that is not always feasible. Will also pray for rain to help wash all that stuff out of the air!

smoked turkey
03-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Prayers going up as the pollen is coming down! Sounds like you are in bad shape and need help quick. Lord help my brother with this bad sinus condition. May he find relief and soon.

geargnasher
03-29-2013, 09:41 PM
can't imagine anything worse than a mead hangover--therefore, prayers offered!!

What he meant to say was, errr, ummm that was a sinus headache caused by an allergy to fermented bee spit. The cure is a dose of Canadian whiskey every 30 minutes and a long walk in the hot sun until the bad reaction is sweated out. "Dr" geargnasher.

Oh, and Trey, while there aren't any decent acupuncturists near here, Nicole is officially a full-time fixture at the chiropractic clinic, M-F. The oak is a sumbeech here now, I usually get a sinus headache that eventually turns into bronchitis on wet years when the bloom is especially bad, but there are a few advantages to being in the fourth year of record drought here. Maybe we should grab the wimmens and kiddos and make a pilgrimage to the west Texas desert for a month!

Gear

Down South
03-29-2013, 10:05 PM
I found this at a Whole Food Store in the Houston area. It's drops that you put under your tongue. It's called " Allergy Relief ". Allergy relief from Texas Trees, Weeds & Grasses, contains up to 100 extracts plus drainage relief.
It ain't cheap but it helps me tremendously. If I run out, within two days my symptoms come back.

I don't suffer near as bad as you and I can't guarantee this stuff will help you but it does work for me.

You may need to go to an allergy doctor and get tested. You may need to start taking allergy shots.

DLCTEX
03-29-2013, 10:40 PM
I suffer with you my brother and pray for you. I'm allergic to most medicines they treat allergies with, including Benadryl. It breaks me out in burning hives. The mould from the Weeping Love grass that more than 50% of our cultivated acres in this county are planted in for CRP got to me a few weeks ago and still has me coughing and dizzy. I don't know what is on the south wind, but it keeps me sick. Dr Abrahams allergy drops don't do much for me and he is from Canadian, just north of here, so logic would say he knows what I need. I am done with taking so much meds and remedys that I stay sick to my stomach. Lord help us all and free us from this curse. I do much better when on Atkin's diet, as I have a number of food allergies and what ever they are they must have carbs, but it gets boring when you eat out almost every day.

Frank46
03-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Prayers sent your way. Don't have any allergies yet but can sure sympathize with you. Frank

TXGunNut
03-30-2013, 01:07 AM
I've had good luck with Allegra recently, last time I took Allegra-D it was Rx. Will have to look into that. Had three back-to-back sinus infections earlier this year, one was too close to pnuemonia for my liking. Can't mess with this respiratory stuff unless you figure out a way to get by without breathing. I do the local honey thing year-round. Good start but not enough in my case.
Get well soon, my friend!

x101airborne
03-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Folks, for anyone who doubts there is a God and he is GREAT, Your prayers for me were answered!
No, we didn't get rain, but I had the BEST day today. I mean totally wonderful. I was still congested and miserable, but pulled on my big boy panties and took my family to the ranch to spend time with my parents today. WHAT FUN! Got up early this morning and soaked my head in the shower for a while. This was around 0600. Made coffee, brought my wife breakfast in bed and let the kids sleep a while. That was nice. Just real relaxing. Got the boys up and loaded some bass rods, a couple rifles, a handgun, other general essentials and made North. Dad had a couple chores that needed doing. Fixed a two inch irrigation pipe, set a couple new cattle guards etc. Then took the fam out fishing in the stock tanks. Tyler, my oldest, just absolutely fell in love with fishing. He has been before, but never really took interest. Today was totally different. He was in it to win it. And so was my two year old, Dillon. At two, he is able to reel in his own fish and land it! Well, he was fishing with a bobber for perch, but he actually reeled in two all by himself! Oh, and DONT try to take away his pole. That may be cause for me to get whooped by my kid one day. He isn't having any of that. If others are fishing, so is he. And he will tell you so! We caught 5 large bass and about 20 eater size perch. What a great day of fishing.
Then I took Tyler, my oldest out to the gun range. He is just in love with his new to him Rossi 357 magnum. Shooting Lee 158 FP's over 9 grains unique, the rifle is accurate and he just loves to shoot it. And to tell the truth, I take my turn every so often with it also!
Then I got to shoot my mauser. I must be lucky because it wasn't skill! The first 5 rounds with the Lee Karabiner shot into 1 1/2 inches at 50 yards open sights. The next highest charge shot into an inch! Not bad for a one eyed one horned blind purple people eater! I am still looking at the target in disbelief. I mean this thing looked ROUGH inside and out. To shoot this well, is just a miracle. I know 5 shot groups dont mean much, but it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Then Tyler and I butchered a goat for Easter BBQ. Well, Tyler actually did most of it, I supervised and visited with my dad. And talked about him and Tyler getting to perch jerk for a while, and Dillon getting his first couple perch. My wife outfishing me on bass, etc. I cleaned most of the fish and dad started the fish fry, but it became a little too much for him, so I took over and finished up. What a great meal. Whole fried perch in cornmeal with horseradish sauce. Dangon good!
Came home late and still had to feed the livestock, but what a great day. Thanks everyone for praying for me. The prayers were answered!

Charlie Two Tracks
03-30-2013, 08:23 AM
That is just AWESOME! What a great day. Our God is a God of changed lives, situations and miracles. That day of yours should go down in the memory banks for a long time to come. I'm glad things worked out like that. Enjoy.

Olevern
03-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Sounds like a great family day.
blessings,
vern

Giggidy
03-30-2013, 12:00 PM
I know how you feel. Mine are pretty bad also. Worst time of day for me is the morning when I wake up. Beginning of spring and the fall are peak allergy times for me. Claretin helps. When they're real bad I take a benadryl before I go to bed. They knock me out and I wake up with no symptoms. Those things are like coma pills to me though so I can't take them in the day.

s1mp13m4n
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM
You are certainly in my prayers. I understand because I too suffered with allergies. What works for me in Alegra 180mg and Flonase nasal spray.

wallenba
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM

Gear

I can only imagine how you discovered that Gear.:lol:

wch
03-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Prayers sent; try Claritin and Benedryl in combination.

smokemjoe
03-30-2013, 05:08 PM
You got mine also, If you would of been in the hospital in the same room 3 weeks ago we could of had a shoot out then.

2HighSpeed
03-30-2013, 05:22 PM
I feel your pain and can sympathize 150%. My doctor took me off ALL my allergy meds, Allegra, Zyrtec, Cetirizine and Claritin (Yes I know I am on 2 of the same meds but the dose I need isnt permitted so my dr gave me two dif kinds of the same med to get the right dose), In preperation for a allergy test MIDDLE OF MAY. I was sneezing so hard yesterday that it flared up my allergy induced asthma and it took 12, yes TWELVE puffs off my inhaler before I could breathe semi normal. My husband was laughing at me all sneezing and snotting and then I threw up.... He didnt think it was funny after that because my hair ended up in the toilet, I was crying and just plain miserable. So he was sweet and started the shower for me. And that didnt help either. So Ive started my allergy meds again. I think my doctor is a bunch of bull ****!

OeldeWolf
03-31-2013, 01:34 AM
I have had allergies, and now asthma, for decades. I can really sympathize. They need to wait for a time if year that allows you to breathe w/o meds, before running allergy tests.

Try everything, because what works, differs between individuals.

David2011
03-31-2013, 01:54 AM
X101airborne,

When I lived near Longview I started on the nonspecific "generic" steroid allergy shots and they helped more than I could believe. As a fellow sufferer you have my greatest sympathy.

David

Lloyd Smale
03-31-2013, 07:51 AM
I feel for you. I know the guys trying to give you remedys have good intentions but its like suffering with REAL pain. NOTHING works and if you think your remedy works youve never had real pain. My mother suffers like you. I dont know if shes as bad but i do know that no medicine percription or not helps here when its pollen season. She doesnt dare leave the house and even walks around the house with one of those medical masks on and still suffers.

btroj
03-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Sady Lloyd, the mask only helps a small amount. The pollen gets in the yes and starts the reaction going. Their is a duct between the corner of your eye and the nose, why you get a runny nose if you cry, and that allows pollen into the nasal area.
Allergies suck.

Wayne Smith
03-31-2013, 08:04 AM
I feel your pain and can sympathize 150%. My doctor took me off ALL my allergy meds, Allegra, Zyrtec, Cetirizine and Claritin (Yes I know I am on 2 of the same meds but the dose I need isnt permitted so my dr gave me two dif kinds of the same med to get the right dose), In preperation for a allergy test MIDDLE OF MAY. I was sneezing so hard yesterday that it flared up my allergy induced asthma and it took 12, yes TWELVE puffs off my inhaler before I could breathe semi normal. My husband was laughing at me all sneezing and snotting and then I threw up.... He didnt think it was funny after that because my hair ended up in the toilet, I was crying and just plain miserable. So he was sweet and started the shower for me. And that didnt help either. So Ive started my allergy meds again. I think my doctor is a bunch of bull ****!

Angela, unfortunately your MD is right, you need to be clear of the meds to do the testing. Do you have a season when your symptoms are less? My good months are Jan and Feb. That's when I had my testing. For most of my life I have gone from allergies to sinus infection to bronchitis to lung infections. I have scars on my lungs from them. It's worth finding a time when you can go without your meds and scheduling your testing then.

btroj
03-31-2013, 08:08 AM
Also make sure you are using your inhaler properly. I see way too many take a quick puff that does little real good. It must get into the lungs, not just the mouth. Poor inhaler use is a leading cause of poor inhaler efficacy.

castalott
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
More prayers for you...I had this until I changed my diet. In allergy season, I eat no wheat and no milk unless heated. Most grains and some sugars are avoided ( I can eat oats ok). I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV....but I think your symptoms are your body 'defending' itself against SOMETHING. Remove what is not good (you'll have to experiment) and add what is good. If you are one of those 'O' blood types that needs meat, don't eat store bought anything. (Too many chemicals in meat today)
Eat only the best fruits and veggies. It may take a week or more for the allergens to be removed from your body so it us hard to see what does and doesn't help.
Sorry if this sounds like a rant. But you can improve your life to a great degree.
Dale

Hamish
03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Hope it's getting better bud.