PDA

View Full Version : Program To Provide Residents With Free Shotguns To Defend Against Criminals

deces
03-28-2013, 11:25 AM
TUCSON, Ariz. (CBS Las Vegas/AP) — A former mayoral candidate in Tucson, Ariz., is launching a privately funded program to provide residents of a crime-prone area with free shotguns so they can defend themselves against criminals.

Shaun McClusky says the program modeled after one recently launched in Houston would provide training and enough money to buy a basic shotgun to residents who pass background checks. McClusky’s program has so far raised $12,000.

McClusky says citizens need to do more to protect themselves because city government is failing to do the job.

“We need to take back our city, and it needs to come back to the citizens and not the criminals,” McClusky told the Arizona Daily Star. “Right now, the criminal element is winning.”

The Daily Star reported Wednesday that several City Council members say the effort is out of touch with community needs and values.

“To suggest that giving away … loaded shotguns in high-crime areas will make anybody safer is pure idiocy,” Councilman Steve Kozachik told the Daily Star. “This is coming from a purported leader in the local Republican Party, the same group who last year auctioned off a Glock and a rifle as fundraisers. Now they’re giving them away in our community? They’re totally out of touch with the values of this city.”

McClusky withdrew from the 2011 Tucson mayoral race because of questions about his ballot eligibility.

The effort in Houston is called the Armed Citizens Project.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2013/03/27/program-to-provide-residents-with-free-shotguns-to-defend-against-criminals/

dkf
03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
I hope the citizens that need arms and training to protect themselves, get it.

Harter66
03-28-2013, 11:36 AM
sounds to me like we 353 more just like ol' McClusky.

outta touch ? Sounds like some council members need to spend a week in those neihborhoods in a forclosed house that'd put somebody in touch.

justing
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
good plan hard to think someone would break into a home of some one he knows is armed

blackthorn
03-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Does the ballot for that election have a "write in" slot? If it does I know what I would do!

Charlie Two Tracks
03-30-2013, 08:52 AM
This really does show how "out of touch" the left is. Not arming people in a high crime area is like sending our troops into a war zone unarmed. The enemy will see they are unarmed and stop? I think not.

uscra112
03-30-2013, 05:45 PM
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/03/it-seems-that-illegally-armed-citizenry.html

Power to the People ?

Echo
03-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Steve K. knows a lot about being out of touch...