PDA

View Full Version : Missoula Gun Show

MT Gianni
08-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I hit the missoula gun show yesterday afternoon, or we did as Holly was with me as my budget was next to nothing with a 2 week vacation coming up.
I did liberate a nib Ly ladle for $2, and a couple of moulds with handles for not much more that the cost of handles. Picked up a sc LY 31141 [unknown alloy .304 nose .3125 bands] and a dc LY 429244 no measurements yet.
I did see some interesting stuff but when ever I was asked "what ya looking fer?" My response of an H&R/NEF 223 or a clean Smith mod 16 was met with blank stares. All in all a good time. Gianni.

The Nyack Kid
08-07-2005, 06:24 PM
great show
i barely made it out of Missoula with my shirt on my back ( not do to the heat ) i only bought two molds there . one was a Lyman 311041 bv two cavity casts 178.5 gr out of my alloy . And the other mold is a Ideal 457124 that casts 392 grs . both molds are in nice shape . now i need to get a winchester model 64 to go with the lyman mold . the ideal will work great in my 45-70. im happy it made the trip worth it just wish i had more money to spend . there is a show coming up it Kalispell isnt there ?

waksupi
08-07-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm happy to hear you guys spent a bunch of money at the Missoula show, to take up my slack. I got involved with some ne-er-do-wells yesterday, playing poker, drinking whisky, and smoking big cigars, so didn't make the trip down. The good part is, I won enough off of them, I can juuuuust about afford another gun of some sort. And I sure didn't miss the heat, since my pickup isn't airconditioned, past the fact you can roll the windows down.
I think there is usually a show in Kalispell during the first couple weeks of September.

The Nyack Kid
08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
could have done with out the traffic
I 90 was closed from the juction at Hwy 93 to saint regis do to the fires . they detoured the traffic up 93 to Ravalli then west on Hwy 200 . so all the traffic from a four lane freeway end up on the two lane back roads . you could see the smoke collum towering over Frenchtown .

i would have loved to take home a winchester model 1895 . there was lots to choose from .....mmmmm 40-72 mmmm 38-72 .... 405 WCF.....30 U.S. ... mm 35 WCF... better stop drooling on the keyboard.

waksupi
08-07-2005, 11:01 PM
The traffic on Hwy 93 always sucks in the summer, anyway. And the fires tossed in sure wouldn't be helping things. It's getting pretty smoky up here in the valley this evening, and I hope the fires over by Hubbart Reservoir haven't flared up. They are basicaly only over two ridges from me. Gets any worse, and I'll start my fire season ritual of starting to load valuables into my trailer. Guns first!

Shuz
08-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Glad to hear the Missoula show was a success. That 3 day show was the main reason I didn't bother going to the one held in Spokane on the same weekend. I figgered youse guys would have all the "good stuff", and I couldn't get there easily because of the forest fires. Thanks for saving me the money!