PDA

View Full Version : Gun Commercial Would Never Be Shown On T.V. Today -

deces
03-27-2013, 11:04 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=152_1364429930

Gliden07
03-28-2013, 12:45 AM
WOW you got that right!! It would never see the light of day!! I remember that commercial too!

300winmag
03-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Today the mall cops would shoot them, no orange tip on the toy guns.

shdwlkr
03-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Forget the Mall Cops LAPD would drop them in a second. For that matter most of our LEO's would have a very hard time knowing whether they were real or water toys.

Sad time in America, even the thought of kids playing like they showed in the comerical would send some parents to the courts wanting that violent message off the TV.

Bulldogger
03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
I had one of those. Didn't last long, leaked and motor seized, but it was fun for a while.
Bulldogger

Doc Highwall
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Sad time in America, even the thought of kids playing like they showed in the comerical would send some parents to the courts wanting that violent message off the TV.

But it is entirely ok to play violent video games at home for hours on end every day where the kid learns with out remorse to kill, kill, kill and have no social skills. And because mom and dad know little Adam is in his room think this is alright because he does not have many friends and others make fun of him.

10x
03-28-2013, 08:11 AM
This is from "Big Bang Theory", the paintball episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK_lJrGZf7U

Apparently there is some sort of double standard between toys and comedy...

JIMinPHX
03-28-2013, 10:34 AM
& the jerk takes off his goggles while he is still getting shot at...
So much for safety

10x
03-28-2013, 10:50 AM
& the jerk takes off his goggles while he is still getting shot at...
So much for safety

I could not find the episode where he is fragged by his friends...

dakotashooter2
03-28-2013, 10:53 AM
LOL......... Even AFTER getting hit by the stream of water coming from them the LAPD would STILL shoot them thinking they were real guns................................

Hamish
03-28-2013, 11:47 AM

waksupi
03-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Back when I was still in school, about this time of year water pistol and water balloon wars were wide spread. Even teachers were ambushed if you could sneak a shot when they weren't looking.
My preferred water pistols were of a Luger design. High capacity, and pretty long range.
We had a study hall the last hour of the day once a week, and I had staked out my territory in the back corner. The teacher who was supervising had to step out for a minute, and I immediately pulled both pistols, and proceeded to soak the whole room. Of course the room erupted in noise, with others scrambling to get their squirt guns out and get them in action.
Unfortunately, the superintendent happened to be walking by the room when the outbreak started, and he stepped into the room, settling things down immediately.
He walked around the room, slowly circling in on my position. He arrived at my desk, and asked how come there was drops of water radiating from my position, and I wasn't wet? He said it was pretty obvious where the trouble had originated, and held his hand out to get my weapons. He didn't know I had two, so I gave him one. He stood there and proceeded to soak my down with the remaining water, with every one laughing. I did consider returning fire, but figured I would have lost my back up gun had I done so.

Doc Highwall
03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Nothing like a back up!

JIMinPHX
04-01-2013, 01:42 AM
I could not find the episode where he is fragged by his friends...

It was at the end of the video in post #7

LtFrankDrebbin
04-01-2013, 02:25 AM
No kids, you will NOT play those violent games shooting each other with water pistols!

Go back to your play station and wipe out whole planets/civilisations!

cat223
04-01-2013, 03:18 AM
What kind of Men will today's boys become? Cowboys and indians, war, cops and robbers. I'm pretty sure most of us here on this forum were greatly shaped by these childhood games. Even if we teach our kids what we believe, our society is hell bent on making US out to be the kooks.
deces, Thanks for the video.
Hamish, Great ad...Love it!