PDA

View Full Version : Very nice surprise today

Ed Barrett
03-26-2013, 01:29 PM
A few weeks ago I was at a farm auction and struck up a conversation with a fellow about my age (70's). He said he was a retired pressman. I told him about my experiences as a computer type working with RR Donnelley, RH Donnelley, and Poole Bros. in Chicago, when I worked for RCA. He said, since retiring at Lake Of the Ozarks, he and his wife traveled around the country visiting the kids and grand kids. The conversation got around to my hobbies, gardening and shooting. I told him I cast my own bullets. He said when they took the Linotype machines he took a bunch of the lino they were throwing out. He said he still had some laying around, but couldn't remember where it was. He and his wife were going to fly out to California that week, I told him when he got back we would go shooting at Leadmine conservation Area when the weather warmed up.

This morning he showed up I asked him in for some coffee. It was 80 degrees 10 days ago but snow on the ground for the last 4 days. He said he found some of that lead, we went out to his car and he had 12 bars of virgin lino, The ones with the hole in the end for the Linotype Machines. He said he had more and when he finds them he would bring them over. I asked him if he hunted and he said he had a 30-30 and a 270. We went in the basement and I loaded 50 30-30's for him and told him I would load him some 270's as soon as I got some brass.

All in all it was a great day and I have a new shooting buddy.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-26-2013, 01:33 PM
How much better can that get! I am really pleased for you. You get a shooting buddy and lino to boot. Great day.

P.K.
03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Very nice!

Beau Cassidy
03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
That is awesome! 22 lbs a bar so it should last a while.

autofix4u
03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Ed, I can fix you up with some 270 brass for the guy.. Got a lott of it i picked up around deer season and I dont have a 270.

rl69
03-26-2013, 05:58 PM
do you have 50 peaces i can dig some up if you don't have enough

Ed Barrett
03-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the 270 brass offers, but I have some coming already. Now I have to get my big smelting pot going to make up some hard ingots.

10x
03-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Good things happen to good people.
Just another good thing happening to you....