PDA

View Full Version : As the saying goes.......

FLHTC
03-26-2013, 06:55 AM
"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and feed him for a lifetime"

As another teaching aid, im offering a hard back ( that's a term that's disappearing fast ) reloading manual entitled The Reloaders Bible. As before, be a newbie and its yours.

s1mp13m4n
03-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Hello, I found this forum from another gun forum. I am here because I just bought my first gun with tax refund money and I can not find 9mm ammo to shoot in it. Money is tight and my wife, 4 year old daughter, and myself live on about $32k a year.
The shooting at Sandy Hook made me realize that my daughter could have been killed in some stupid shooting. I have committed myself to read, learn, and not be a victim and protect my family. I joined the NRA and email the higher ups about our gun rights. Now that I bought the gun I feel like I own a $439 paperweight because I can not find ammo. The gun has never been shot.
I am interested in reloading to save money on ammo so I can become proficient with my Ruger SR 9c. I am reading Modern Reloading 2nd edition to help me learn. I do not mind taking the time to reload my own ammo. I will have to save up to get a reloading press kit and dies. I am here to learn and to do things correctly and safely.

FLHTC
03-31-2013, 10:38 AM
Pm me your address and the book is yours

bullet maker 57
04-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I have 9mm dies. PM with your address and they are yours.

Monttexan
04-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I have some 9mm brass to spare. PM me an address and I'll send you a bag of 200+.

Sensai
04-10-2013, 03:04 PM
WOW !! You guys are A #1, I'm proud to be a member of the same forum with you!

MBTcustom
04-12-2013, 05:31 AM
As a gunsmith, may I say: excellent choice of weapon there S1. I don't do repair work on Ruger handguns.....ever. Absolutely top notch, quality, design, workmanship, fit and finish. If anything ever goes wrong with your handgun, put it in an ensured package and send it back to Ruger (you don't need to go through an FFL to send a firearm back to the factory or to a gunsmith for repair FYI. Just pack it up and ship it). They will repair it for free or close to it.
A good policy with Ruger handguns is to send it back to them every two years as a matter of course. They will clean all the bellybutton lint and snarf out of it, and make sure it has fresh springs in the gun and the magazines if you ask them to. All for minimal cost to you (you'll probably find that shipping is the most expensive part most of the time.)
Be aware, that you may need to do some tinkering to get a castboolit load together for that gun. 9mm is decidedly picky, but if you read the stickys and do some digging, you can avoid all the really big pitfalls right off the bat.
Watch swappin & sellin for equipment. If you are patient, you can find everything you need to get started with for a very fair price there sooner or later.

Bad Water Bill
04-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Since you live in a fair sized SETTLEMENT in VA stop at Wal Mart and ask when their next shipment of 9 MMs will arrive. Then be at the store an hour ahead of time ans buy 1 box. If you REALLY need a gun up close and personal you are covered.

While you are there ask about finding powder and primers. You ARE now a caster and reloader so that box of factory should last a lifetime.

Also look here for other members in your area and send them a PM asking for help.

WELCOME TO THE MOST CARING SHARING SITE ON THE INTERNET.