PDA

View Full Version : Stop and smell the flowers

versifier
08-23-2007, 10:58 AM
I got a very pleasant surprise from my surgeon the other day. :-D A week before, he'd carved an ugly looking hunk of lump and some bone out of scalp and skull. Test results: benign!!! I asked my ten year old "How are we going to celebrate this one?" She says, "Oh Daddy, you're just going to have to buy yourself a new gun!" Pretty sound advice, I thought. Sensible kid, mine. So....I ordered a brand new M1A like I have been dreaming about for twenty years. She gave me that look my Dad refers to as the "Boy-he's-sure-going-to-leave-me-some-nice-guns look." :Fire: Sensible kid, mine, definitely got that dominant Shooting Gene from me, I figure. God bless Darwin, and the flowers sure smell good. Not sure just when the new rifle will arrive, but a range report will be forthcoming soon after, you betcha. :drinks:

Bullshop
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Congrats on all three, the good news, the gun , and that clever child you are blessed with.
BIC/BS

SharpsShooter
08-23-2007, 03:50 PM
That is good news all around! Congrates on the M1A and the bounty of good health too.

SS

Char-Gar
08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I have been through one of those "death " scares myself and it will change your outlook on life. It makes you savor and appreciate each day and the time spent with those you love.

Write down your feelings, as as time passes, you will forget what you have learned through this experience. Read what you have written from time to time and once again experience the pure joy of being alive witht those whom you love.

God bless you all.. Charles

NVcurmudgeon
08-23-2007, 04:16 PM
A win-win-win situation for sure; health, great daughter, and the coolest military semi auto. Congratulations!

Jack Stanley
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
What a great little girl !! She obviously has been paying attention to the finer things in life . Indeed an M1A is a great way to celebrate , I have enjoyed an M1A for many years now and I'm sure you will as well .

Jack

Bret4207
09-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Good for you on all counts!