PDA

View Full Version : Zombie ammo

beretta.45
03-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Love this hobby and being creative

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/jjreeftank/IMG_20130324_212848_122_zps970d4679.jpg

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/jjreeftank/2013-01-18_11-23-21_281_zpsa2d4f4c6.jpg

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/jjreeftank/2013-01-18_11-15-44_630_zpsaeb17216.jpg

RugerFan
03-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Too funny! Don't forget The Walking Dead season finale Sunday.

beretta.45
03-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes I know the wife and I been watching since the beginning lol...sad this season is almost over

Spawn-Inc
03-25-2013, 10:10 PM
paint? powder coat?

beretta.45
03-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Powder coat stuff works great in my opinion. Haven't seen any negative affects yet.

Martin Suiter
03-26-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm ashamed to tell this but here I go. I was lying in bed the other day dinking with my Springfield .45 ACP. I had bought 4 8 rd. mags and I was loading them up. The only way I could get the mags to work was pull the slid back and lock it. Then insert the clip. I released the slide and of course that chambered a rd. I went ahead and loade the other mags. The one in the pistol was Zombie. I picked the pistol up and pointed at my night stand and pulled the trigger. BOOOOM! I shot through my favorite drinking mug and a speaker. It put a big grove in the table top. The bullet exploded. The only thing left of it was about the size of a match head. Think God it was a Zombie. Did I tell you I'm 74 and my mind don't work like it use to/.
Martin

merlin101
03-26-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm ashamed to tell this but here I go. I was lying in bed the other day dinking with my Springfield .45 ACP. I had bought 4 8 rd. mags and I was loading them up. The only way I could get the mags to work was pull the slid back and lock it. Then insert the clip. I released the slide and of course that chambered a rd. I went ahead and loade the other mags. The one in the pistol was Zombie. I picked the pistol up and pointed at my night stand and pulled the trigger. BOOOOM! I shot through my favorite drinking mug and a speaker. It put a big grove in the table top. The bullet exploded. The only thing left of it was about the size of a match head. Think God it was a Zombie. Did I tell you I'm 74 and my mind don't work like it use to/.
Martin

Dang Martin!!! Good thing it was only the night stand, mu and speaker!
I bet it won't happen again RIGHT?

Martin Suiter
03-26-2013, 09:53 AM
No! That pistol is history in my house. I sold it back to the guy I bought it from. He was tickled> he sold it again on the way home....lol Would you believe my wife was sleeping in the next room and didn't even hear it.
Martin

badbob454
03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
did you check for a pulse?:bigsmyl2:

mold maker
03-26-2013, 01:04 PM
I lucked up on an RIA, on the cheap, cause it's owner had ventilated his refrig. with it. It's not an accidental discharge if you have a finger on the trigger.

oldpara
03-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Powder coat stuff works great in my opinion. Haven't seen any negative affects yet.

That's really neat stuff !
You could do any color, right ?
Is it a special powder coat formula ? Off the shelf stuff ?
Bake it in the oven.

beretta.45
03-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Yep any color powderbythepound.com has all the colors you can think of spray and bake size and your done [smilie=w:[smilie=w:

M-Tecs
03-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Martin

No! That pistol is history in my house. I sold it back to the guy I bought it from. He was tickled> he sold it again on the way home....lol Would you believe my wife was sleeping in the next room and didn't even hear it.
Martin

Sorry Martin if I got this wrong but I am calling BS. Are you a 16 year old troll? If not you sure sound like one. Dinking with a pistol and loading in bed is not something most 74 years do while putting one into the wall with your wife next door. Most 74 olds don’t purchase Zombie Max http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Auto-185-gr-ZMAX or have speakers in the bed room.

I have shot a lot of bowling pins off of table tops with 45’s. When you grove the table and hit the pin the bullets don’t fragment to the size of a match head. What caused the bullet to exploded since Z-Max bullets are just standard lead jacketed bullets.

For the anti-gun crowd you have admitted your mind doesn’t work like it used to leading to an AD, you dink with guns and Zombie ammo in bed by your favorite drinking mug (alcohol?) and you sold it without a background check and the buyer sold it again on the way home without a background check. You really couldn’t have added anything to the story to justify the liberal case to their anti-gun agenda could you?

Doby45
03-27-2013, 04:00 PM
What does a background check have to do with anything. I buy and sell guns all the time and I don't do background checks.

xacex
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
You are not cool. Go sell that gun to a pawn shop, and go sit in the corner for a while and think about what could have happened. I don't care how old you may be that was irresponsible. Definitely not something to be laughing about.

M-Tecs
03-27-2013, 06:46 PM
What does a background check have to do with anything. I buy and sell guns all the time and I don't do background checks.

I also buy and sell guns without a background checks between private parties. I am in no way advocating changing the current system. That was not the point. The point is that Martins posts are touching on numerous current hot button issues that the anti-gunners are using to infringe on your and my rights.

In those two post Martin could be the poster boy for the anti-gun crowd for additional legislation. If I am wrong I will apologize to Martin but to me both posts read like an antigun troll posting.

psychicrhino
03-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Sorry Martin if I got this wrong but I am calling BS. Are you a 16 year old troll? If not you sure sound like one. Dinking with a pistol and loading in bed is not something most 74 years do while putting one into the wall with your wife next door. Most 74 olds don’t purchase Zombie Max http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Auto-185-gr-ZMAX or have speakers in the bed room.

I have shot a lot of bowling pins off of table tops with 45’s. When you grove the table and hit the pin the bullets don’t fragment to the size of a match head. What caused the bullet to exploded since Z-Max bullets are just standard lead jacketed bullets.

For the anti-gun crowd you have admitted your mind doesn’t work like it used to leading to an AD, you dink with guns and Zombie ammo in bed by your favorite drinking mug (alcohol?) and you sold it without a background check and the buyer sold it again on the way home without a background check. You really couldn’t have added anything to the story to justify the liberal case to their anti-gun agenda could you?

I too call BS..... I dont know of many 74 y/o that would type "lol" or be able to set that cool jonny reb avatar. Not saying there arent any, I'm just saying I don't know any.

destrux
03-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Yeah and who sleeps through a gunshot inside a house? Nobody. I've shot indoors before (legally and on purpose) and NOBODY sleeps through that even if they are deaf.

Sounds like a work of fiction to me.

If somehow its not... you broke rule number one. Don't use live ammo while function testing. If you want to see if magazines will feed do it at the range.

Martin Suiter
03-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Wow!! My *** is sore! Every thing happened just like I said and my wife didn't wake up! Pick on someone else for a while.
Martin

PS What caused the bullet to exploded since Z-Max bullets are just standard lead jacketed bullets.

Your wrong there my friend. The bullets have a plastic insert in the tip Your asuming a lot. I don't drink at all

M-Tecs
03-28-2013, 07:24 AM
And what does the plastic tip do? It prevents clothing or other matter from sealing the point preventing expansion. It’s just another jacketed bullet. It is not a frangible bullet. The plastic tip doesn't make it explode.

If you want to post a picture to increase your credibility post a picture of the grooved nightstand and speaker.

JIMinPHX
03-28-2013, 10:19 AM

It should have nothing to do with anything, but since background checks are the restriction du jour for the politicians to push, people showing examples of how guns sold without background checks are used in irresponsible ways would serve to support the fictitious "need" for such a measure to be codified.

It's directly in line with the usual PR BS that is being used these days to push unconstitutional legislation down our throats with a thin sugar coating.

The stench of troll does seem to be getting thicker.

Martin Suiter
03-28-2013, 04:26 PM
First off read the first two words in my first post. Why don't you call me a lier and get over with? Did you do any research on the Zombie rd? I thought not. Go on the web and look where you will find them. Most of the articles will be on frangibles. I found the inter core of the bullet today. It's in one piece. It looks like compressed sawdust. I never found anything of the jacket. The speaker in the picture isn't the one that was hit. Same with the mug. I threw them away. That's the way they were when I shot them though. Do you see the thing behind the speaker? Thats a thing I put my Kindle in. It's leaning against my DVD player. It' made out of wool. The was no damage to the player. The bullet bounce off the wool and was lying in front of the night stand. Now I hope this clears this up on the Zombie rd. Now to my avatar...I use to be a Civil War nut and I used that back then. And LOL....I thought we all used that. Do you have to be a certain age?

Martin

HangFireW8
03-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Martin, for what its worth, I never doubted you.

Martin Suiter
03-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks HangfireW8. I'm sure the "expert" has done something stupid in his lifetime. I was damn lucky there wasn't anyone hurt.
Martin

338RemUltraMag
03-29-2013, 03:54 AM
In the name of learning experiences I will share my negligent discharge.

Me and my friend were at my house in the reloading room. He was loading up some 9mm for our M&P's and we were talking and having a good time discussing the load we found using HS-6. He decided to make a few rounds longer than max OAL to see what the accuracy was like, they were dummy rounds and had no primer or powder in them, he loaded one in a spare mag and it chambered fine. I went and got mine and was standing behind him with the pistol in a safe direction. I took a hot 9mm and sat it on the bench (was and still is my night stand gun) and placed the dummy on top of the loaded mag and chambered the dummy.

Everything was fine up until now... I ejected the dummy with the mag still locked in place, saw my pistol needed a cleaning so I wanted to disassemble it. I hit the mag release and caught the mag and then hit the slide release. We were still talking and as I pulled the trigger to release the slide/barrel from the frame he stepped back infront of the pistol. Next thing I heard was a BOOM and he hit the floor.

What happened was the slide racked in a 124 gr Buffalo Bore +P+ without my knowledge. He was in the hospital for 5 days, the bullet never hit organs or bone, we were both damn lucky it wasnt worse, he now wears the bullet as a necklace and I had a solid reminder to give a gun my undivided attention.

I was always the cautious shooter and always harping on the safety aspect while out shooting. A negligent discharge can happen to ANYONE as soon as they forget what they are holding and how powerful the item is... We are still friends and shoot with eachother all the time, he says it was half his fault but in my heart I know full well it was my fault. Period.
BTW this happened about 5 years ago, no charges filed and no lawsuits.

Let the flaming begin, I know I deserve it

oldpara
03-31-2013, 11:01 AM
In the name of learning experiences I will share my negligent discharge.

Me and my friend were at my house in the reloading room. He was loading up some 9mm for our M&P's and we were talking and having a good time discussing the load we found using HS-6. He decided to make a few rounds longer than max OAL to see what the accuracy was like, they were dummy rounds and had no primer or powder in them, he loaded one in a spare mag and it chambered fine. I went and got mine and was standing behind him with the pistol in a safe direction. I took a hot 9mm and sat it on the bench (was and still is my night stand gun) and placed the dummy on top of the loaded mag and chambered the dummy.

Everything was fine up until now... I ejected the dummy with the mag still locked in place, saw my pistol needed a cleaning so I wanted to disassemble it. I hit the mag release and caught the mag and then hit the slide release. We were still talking and as I pulled the trigger to release the slide/barrel from the frame he stepped back infront of the pistol. Next thing I heard was a BOOM and he hit the floor.

What happened was the slide racked in a 124 gr Buffalo Bore +P+ without my knowledge. He was in the hospital for 5 days, the bullet never hit organs or bone, we were both damn lucky it wasnt worse, he now wears the bullet as a necklace and I had a solid reminder to give a gun my undivided attention.

I was always the cautious shooter and always harping on the safety aspect while out shooting. A negligent discharge can happen to ANYONE as soon as they forget what they are holding and how powerful the item is... We are still friends and shoot with eachother all the time, he says it was half his fault but in my heart I know full well it was my fault. Period.
BTW this happened about 5 years ago, no charges filed and no lawsuits.

Let the flaming begin, I know I deserve it

Glad everything worked out OK !

Stuff happens, they're called accidents for a reason. No one died, lesson learned the hard way, won't happen again.
I still have two scars on my face from a stupid momment with an axe chopping kindling.
My oldest boy is still trying to live down the time he stupidly pulled the trigger on a shorty 12ga pump in the house and put a honkin hole in the roof. Hes now 46yrs old and still gets red in the face over it.
I recall a Cpt. in my unit cleaning his 45, got it all cleaned, slammed a mag home jacked a round into the chamber and bang.
The radio operater in the next room let out a howl and took off across the LZ like he was scalded.
He was, that 45 hardball went through both cheeks of his butt.
He was ticked off, the Cpt was horrorfied, and everything healed nicely. It happens.
We all need to be sooooo careful all the time.
Nevermind the pain and suffering we could cause someone else or ourselves, the anti's just love this stuff, great propaganda for thier side.

338RemUltraMag
04-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Wiser/kinder works could not have been spoken.

ncbearman
04-07-2013, 04:59 PM
If I am wrong I will apologize to Martin but to me both posts read like an antigun troll posting.

OK...........so where's that apology. I think Martin deserves one, don't you?

Spawn-Inc
04-08-2013, 12:19 AM
First off read the first two words in my first post. Why don't you call me a lier and get over with? Did you do any research on the Zombie rd? I thought not. Go on the web and look where you will find them. Most of the articles will be on frangibles. I found the inter core of the bullet today. It's in one piece. It looks like compressed sawdust. I never found anything of the jacket. The speaker in the picture isn't the one that was hit. Same with the mug. I threw them away. That's the way they were when I shot them though. Do you see the thing behind the speaker? Thats a thing I put my Kindle in. It's leaning against my DVD player. It' made out of wool. The was no damage to the player. The bullet bounce off the wool and was lying in front of the night stand. Now I hope this clears this up on the Zombie rd. Now to my avatar...I use to be a Civil War nut and I used that back then. And LOL....I thought we all used that. Do you have to be a certain age?

Martin
i have no say in who's telling the truth or not, nor do i care, i just have the following thoughts.

that mug doesn't look very damaged, nor the speaker. as well that "bullet" looks like a turd with an almond in it. have any better pictures.

xacex
04-08-2013, 12:25 AM
i have no say in who's telling the truth or not, nor do i care, i just have the following thoughts.

that mug doesn't look very damaged, nor the speaker. as well that "bullet" looks like a turd with a almond in it. have any better pictures.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Why put a bullet on a napkin unless it is really a turd.

ammohead
04-08-2013, 09:57 PM
338RUM, Martin,

Takes huevos to admit to somewhat stupid deeds. Shot my neighbors clothespin bag with a empty 357 once. They still talk to me. As for y'all. If indeed Martin is a troll he will show his colors soon enough. I bet not.

Relsom
04-11-2013, 11:42 PM
And what does the plastic tip do? It prevents clothing or other matter from sealing the point preventing expansion. It’s just another jacketed bullet. It is not a frangible bullet. The plastic tip doesn't make it explode.

If you want to post a picture to increase your credibility post a picture of the grooved nightstand and speaker.

The plastic can turn into a liquid under pressure. I forget the scientific name for it. It in essence it expands the bullet cavity in all directions. I think hornady just came out with a self defense round using the same principle.

38superdave
04-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Thought I'd swing through here and catch the cast pic of the month, instead I read either the best April fools thread ever or the biggest fools of April, ever.

Might be a new member here, but no stranger to forums and this thread will stay with me the rest of my days as the most irresponsible 74? year old ever. If that is indeed true.

As far as background checks go I've never sold a gun privately to a stranger without involving an ffl, takes the liability of selling to a felon off me. I'd have a lot more to say, but what someone else does is on them, another reason to stay off public ranges.

dc.

waksupi
04-12-2013, 08:30 PM
I can see sleeping through a gun shot. I've slept through cannon fire, had no idea they were going off.

Multigunner
04-13-2013, 09:32 AM
I've seen people sleep through a gunshot once in the same room, once outside but within ten feet of the sleeper.
I've seen a ceramic insulator withstand close range hits from a .22 rifle without even a scratch on the glazing.

Any bullet can break up into tiny fragments, even FMJ and Steel core AP, depending on what the bullet hits and its velocity.
The Super Vel truncated cone hollow point 9mm I used to carry would shed their core and leave a roughly buzz saw shaped inside out jacket on close range impacts in wet catalogs.
I've seen bullets glance off wood and break up on several occasions. The more shallow the hit the more stress on the bullet causing rapid break up. I've recovered flattened 5.56 jackets totally empty with the lead core having sprayed out in tiny droplets like ratshot after traveling through no more than three inches of rotten tree stump. I've found .30 FMJ bullets flattened by a glancing impact on a tree with the lead core partly pushed out the base like toothpaste from a tube.

Anyone who has absolute confidence that no modern autoloading firearm can possibly go off without a finger on the trigger is an accident waiting to happen.

ncbearman
04-13-2013, 05:30 PM
My Dad said he slept through a 90 minute barrage of nazi mortar fire. Some people sleep real well.

benny1636
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Accidents happen, at least he pointed the gun in a safe direction and no one was hurt. Every serious gun collector I know has had an accidental firing, always from the same thing, ejecting the carry round before removing the magazine, then removing the magazine, dropping the hammer and boom. Luckily, all had their firearms pointed in safe directions. As crazy as it sounds I would go as far as to say an accidental indoors discharge is a good thing if no one is hurt because it is a life changing experence, however safe you thought you were before, you are now 1000x safer, and its best you got to that point BEFORE you hurt someone.

Chicken Thief
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Are Zombies a big problem in USA?
Noone (i have talked to) in Europe has seen any so i suppose that your Zombie ammo are for domestic use only!

nvald1982
05-09-2013, 07:33 PM
are these ammo worth buying? price tag kinda high for on these ammo. reloading a different story

silverman1
05-11-2013, 08:52 AM
I am a FANATIC,about checking the chamber of every gun I take out of the safe,transport to the range,with slide locked back,check again,before putting in case ,to transport home,clean,or wipe off with oil rag,before returning to safe,and repeat,next time one is removed.
When I went to get my Ruger MkII out last fall when our clubs indoor shoots started, I automatically checked the chamber,and when I racked it,a loaded round flew out !
I checked,and there was a mag in it,with 5 more rounds in it.
WTH,when did I load this? There is Intentionally only one gun kept loaded in my safe I am allways carefull
about this. I ALLWAYS check chambers beffore putting them in the safe ,but obviously,not this time.
This is how accidents happen, I absolutely do not remember EVER, loading that pistol since the previous years indoor shoots,and I always load 10 rounds,what was with the 6 rounds in the gun ?
After the relays are over,I usually put a chamber flag in to carry it from the shooting table/firing line,and back to the tables our gun cases are on.
I am the only one who has the combo,for the safe,my wife has been told it 100 times ,whenever she needs
to get a car title or something .but she does not like guns,so it would be a miracle if she actually picked one up,let alone loaded one.
I ABSOLUTELY do not remember loading it,and was upset with myself for days about this,and every time I put one in or remove one from the safe,I remember it,and it still is a puzzle,as to how it happened,but if I want answers,I just have to look in the mirror.
As far as Martin's wife sleeping through a gunshot,;; A friend of mine,who's bed room is above his living room, woke up one morning,and a friend of his who was on the Vol. fire dept, was talking to him through his bedroom window,After the fog started to cear from his head ,when woke up,he realized that Kenny was talking to him through a 2nd floor window,and when he asked him why in the F--- was he, looking in his window with a ladder?
He told him he had to come with him through the window down the ladder IMEDIATELY ,as he was in danger,and he thought his house was on fire,but when climbing down the ladder,saw that his WHOLE living room,and part of the kitchen was totally missing,and how his bedroom was still hanging up in the air supported only by the roof was a mystery.
He lives along US Route 6,and a semi driver fell asleep,and drove right through the corner of his house,and he never woke up!

silverman1
05-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Are Zombies a big problem in USA?
Noone (i have talked to) in Europe has seen any so i suppose that your Zombie ammo are for domestic use only!

You did not hear about the homeless guy in Florida (Southern US State) who ate the face off a man who was trying to get away from him?
Zombies ,is also a generic term, used by doomsday preppers in the US for hoards of people,who will roam the streets looking for food,etc.
We on the average,have only 3 days supply of food ,in stores,and one major earthquake,say along the Mississippi river,that would destroy the river bridges would interrupt the supply of food,and most preppers,store,and hoard,a long term supply of food,and ammunition.
Any time ,we have a major snow storm predicted,you can go into a food store here,and they are sold out.
And that is usually only with a day or two advance warning.
Can you imagine what would happen,if we were told it would take 6 months to a year,to rebuild these bridges. ( there is a major fault line,that runs through the midwest,that has not had a major quake since around 1900,but keeps reminding us it is there with minor rumblings)
In Europe,there are riots,just because a team lost a game,Imagine what they would do if they were without food for a week!

Malgus
05-13-2013, 07:53 AM
You did not hear about the homeless guy in Florida (Southern US State) who ate the face off a man who was trying to get away from him?
Zombies ,is also a generic term, used by doomsday preppers in the US for hoards of people,who will roam the streets looking for food,etc.
We on the average,have only 3 days supply of food ,in stores,and one major earthquake,say along the Mississippi river,that would destroy the river bridges would interrupt the supply of food,and most preppers,store,and hoard,a long term supply of food,and ammunition.
Any time ,we have a major snow storm predicted,you can go into a food store here,and they are sold out.
And that is usually only with a day or two advance warning.
Can you imagine what would happen,if we were told it would take 6 months to a year,to rebuild these bridges. ( there is a major fault line,that runs through the midwest,that has not had a major quake since around 1900,but keeps reminding us it is there with minor rumblings)
In Europe,there are riots,just because a team lost a game,Imagine what they would do if they were without food for a week!

You're talking about the New Madrid seismic zone. I'm on the eastern edge of the zone in the piedmont area of Kentucky. The worst one was in the winter of 1811/12. Estimated to be about an 8.6. The Mississippi River actually ran backwards at one point.

If something like that hit tomorrow, it would be bad. Like, "Old Testament" bad.. "Wrath of God" bad... St. Louis is at ground zero in the zone and would be toast.

And you're right. There's about 3 days of food and potable water in any given city, because that's the restocking cycle. About the same with fuel. Remember Hurricane Katrina? It wasn't "great" but folks were behaving themselves, then a couple 3 or 4 days after the hurricane hit, all of hell broke loose.

The veneer of civilization is very thin, especially these days. My father always told me "We are only 9 missed meals away from total anarchy."

And I believe him.

jonp
05-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Speaking of that I was talking to a guy I know that does not own firearms and we got on the subject of disasters like tornado's, hurricanes, etc for some reason. What if you couldn't get food for a week? He mentioned he kept a few weeks supply which is smart and so do I and we then got onto guns. He kinda made fun of me for having so much ammo and reloading stuff and when asked me what I was going to do with it I said something like "when I run out of food I'm coming over to your house and taking all of yours". I do believe I saw a dim light go on in his eyes

2wheelDuke
05-18-2013, 08:08 PM
You're talking about the New Madrid seismic zone. I'm on the eastern edge of the zone in the piedmont area of Kentucky. The worst one was in the winter of 1811/12. Estimated to be about an 8.6. The Mississippi River actually ran backwards at one point.

If something like that hit tomorrow, it would be bad. Like, "Old Testament" bad.. "Wrath of God" bad... St. Louis is at ground zero in the zone and would be toast.

And you're right. There's about 3 days of food and potable water in any given city, because that's the restocking cycle. About the same with fuel. Remember Hurricane Katrina? It wasn't "great" but folks were behaving themselves, then a couple 3 or 4 days after the hurricane hit, all of hell broke loose.

The veneer of civilization is very thin, especially these days. My father always told me "We are only 9 missed meals away from total anarchy."

And I believe him.

I work in law enforcement, and I've been called after somebody goes full retard because the ice cream they wanted was out of stock.

I've arrested burglars in the not so bad times now that claimed they were stealing so they could eat when they gave a confession.

I've seen ghetto birds crying on the news during a hurricane, crying for aid before the winds have even subsided fully.

I don't think it'd even take 9 missed meals to get even a rational person re-thinking their values to put some food in their stomach or to feed their family.

ASM826
05-31-2013, 02:57 PM
It's not an accidental discharge if you have a finger on the trigger.

I think that covers about 99% of "accidents".

BoolitChaser
06-02-2013, 06:11 PM
he veneer of civilization is very thin, especially these days. My father always told me "We are only 9 missed meals away from total anarchy."
And I believe him.

In 1974 when the fake energy crisis hit, the grocery store two blocks from my house was almost empty in just 3 HOURS. The only things left on the shelves were bags of flour, salt and basic cooking supplies. People were buying food that you could just EAT and that required no prep beyond heating or adding water. I saw one couple pushing 4 grocery carts filled with cereal. That's all that was left when they got there.

I only went there for batteries for the radios and lights. There were none left. I now have a battery drawer in the fridge which is filled with only batteries (they last longer if cooled). Don't freeze batteries, that will destroy them.

There is good advice in these posts. Some folks will turn violent and self-centered as soon as the hunger pains hit. It's always been that way.

("I hate people that quote themselves and think it's funny." - ME!!!)

snowtigger
08-04-2013, 11:23 PM
'Don't freeze batteries, that will destroy them.'

I don't know what batteries you are using, but the batteries in my cordless tools, flashlights. cameras, etc routinely freeze. While cold, they don't have much power, but after warming they work fine. Automobile batteries lose about 70% of power at below zero temps and still start cars.

sparky45
08-05-2013, 11:26 AM
I made some Zombie Bird Shot for my 45ACP using a technique as described by a fellow caster, Grumpa I think. Anyhow, cut down .308 brass and loaded with #6 and 8 Shot.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/glynnm1945/zombie45_zps491b2ee1.jpg (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/glynnm1945/media/zombie45_zps491b2ee1.jpg.html)

monmouth
08-08-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm sorry to be a stupid noob, but how are you sealing off the .308 brass to keep the birdshot from spilling out?

Extra stupid noob, but how does the birdshot get released upon firing? My guess is the top seal is ultra fine and breaks away upon ignition/velocity?

Deck
08-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Nice! I have used 45/70 cartridges and made my own bird shot rounds with white cardboard and sealed them with a dab of silicone. Once my dad saw them he wanted some for his .410 since a box of .410 shells has gotten pricey. I made him a reloading set and bought a box of brass from Buffalo Arms. The .410 brass with the light load I set up for him doesn't deform the brass and he does not have to re-size after shooting. He had the punch to make his own wads and now he is one happy varmint blaster.

xacex
08-22-2013, 02:43 PM

Zombie 5.56,300 BO, and 50 Beowulf.

Capt. Methane
08-26-2013, 03:42 AM
All y'all know that this zombie stuff is just entertainment that's making people a bunch of money?

Well, have fun with it...any excuse to get to the range is a good one I guess!

merlin101
08-26-2013, 11:51 AM
All y'all know that this zombie stuff is just entertainment that's making people a bunch of money?

Well, have fun with it...any excuse to get to the range is a good one I guess!

Say it aint so Capt! say it aint !:groner: :)

WallyM3
08-26-2013, 11:53 AM
xacex, that's looks like great coverage on those boolits. Would you describe your technique?

xacex
08-26-2013, 02:01 PM
xacex, that's looks like great coverage on those boolits. Would you describe your technique?

E-static powder coat on fresh cast boolits.

WallyM3
08-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Got it. Looks terrific. Thanks, very much.

bbs70
09-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Home made zombie killer bullets.
Radio active.:bigsmyl2:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/gopherdust/Glow1.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/gopherdust/media/Glow1.jpg.html)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/gopherdust/glow2.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/gopherdust/media/glow2.jpg.html)

xacex
09-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Home made zombie killer bullets.
Radio active.:bigsmyl2:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/gopherdust/Glow1.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/gopherdust/media/Glow1.jpg.html)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/gopherdust/glow2.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/gopherdust/media/glow2.jpg.html)

Alright! Gota dish on the glow powder application. I have been thinking of doing this with PC by adding in the glow powder. Cold tracers. Looks great!

bbs70
09-10-2013, 09:09 PM
These are not really lead boolits.
And I know nothing about glow powder.
It is my own secret conglomeration of stuff along with some garlic and secret sauce.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Send some of those down to Madison County! Lookin good!

Ernest
09-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Martin
Thanks for sharing your experience. NO ONE is perfect and we all make mistakes. I would tell you about some of mine but I don't have the time. Every time some one steps up to the plate and man's up about things like this it gives us all a little refresher course on what not to do.
Now my pontification about gun safety. If you handle guns enough sooner or later you are going to have one go bang when you did not expect it to... yea I know several perfect people will read this and object... but I'm not talking to the perfect just us folks that were not born a virgin birth. If above all you make certain that the muzzle stays pointed at things that you can replace all the time the worst out come is, fright , disbelief, severe injury to ego :oops:, you have to replace a mug, speaker , bed side table and and probably get an *** chewing of biblical proportions by the minister of the interior. :bigsmyl2: Looks like you pointed in a good direction.
Thanks again for the post!

GOPHER SLAYER
09-28-2013, 04:24 PM
When I was a teenager, fourteen I think, I was sitting on my parents bed looking at my dad's 38 special. I pointed it at the mirror on the dresser and somehow it went off. My mother was the only other person in the house and it scared her out of ten years life. That bullet put a neat hole through the middle of the mirror and buried itself in the wall behind. The last time I saw the old place it was still there. After the shooting I split for about three days. When I was a kid that was no big deal. When I finally worked up the courage to come home I walked in the front door and my father was sitting at the dining room table and he said,{ here's the loan ranger]. He never mentioned it again.

DevilDog83
10-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Bring some of that ammo to Orlando on 30 Nov for the ZSA match, we'll be driving down from NC

sparky45
10-25-2013, 11:56 AM
How's this for a means to deliver the Zombie ammo?
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/glynnm1945/GsIphone029_zpsb0c51ee2.jpg (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/glynnm1945/media/GsIphone029_zpsb0c51ee2.jpg.html)

xacex
10-25-2013, 02:18 PM
When I was a teenager, fourteen I think, I was sitting on my parents bed looking at my dad's 38 special. I pointed it at the mirror on the dresser and somehow it went off. My mother was the only other person in the house and it scared her out of ten years life. That bullet put a neat hole through the middle of the mirror and buried itself in the wall behind. The last time I saw the old place it was still there. After the shooting I split for about three days. When I was a kid that was no big deal. When I finally worked up the courage to come home I walked in the front door and my father was sitting at the dining room table and he said,{ here's the loan ranger]. He never mentioned it again.

Well, I guess that better than having your dad say "well here's the juvenile delinquent" when you get caught by the game warden fishing in the fish hatchery. Ahh, I remember the days when I was a kid the fishing was good, and you could fill a stinger in less than 5 minutes.

merlin101
10-25-2013, 02:24 PM
when you get caught by the game warden fishing in the fish hatchery. Ahh, I remember the days when I was a kid the fishing was good, and you could fill a stinger in less than 5 minutes.

You did that too?

xacex
10-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Best fishin around! You bet.

McCall, Idaho fish holding tank #5.

Slow Elk 45/70
10-25-2013, 11:03 PM
More Zombie B.S., some folks are just Bored

sparky45
10-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Hey Slow Elk; the Zombies already walk among us. They are almost a majority of the population. 3.5 Trillion U.S. Dollars has been spent in the last 5 years to keep them fat, happy, and stupid. Not IF, but WHEN, the Fed's Ponzi scheme ( 85 Billion a month ) fails, then the "Zombie's " will be totally out of control. Hope you are prepared.:smile:

M-Tecs
10-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey Slow Elk; the Zombies already walk among us. They are almost a majority of the population. 3.5 Trillion U.S. Dollars has been spent in the last 5 years to keep them fat, happy, and stupid. Not IF, but WHEN, the Fed's Ponzi scheme ( 85 Billion a month ) fails, then the "Zombie's " will be totally out of control. Hope you are prepared.:smile:

no truer words have ever been spoken!!!!!

dave 45-90
10-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Martin
Thanks for sharing your experience. NO ONE is perfect and we all make mistakes. I would tell you about some of mine but I don't have the time. Every time some one steps up to the plate and man's up about things like this it gives us all a little refresher course on what not to do.
Now my pontification about gun safety. If you handle guns enough sooner or later you are going to have one go bang when you did not expect it to... yea I know several perfect people will read this and object... but I'm not talking to the perfect just us folks that were not born a virgin birth. If above all you make certain that the muzzle stays pointed at things that you can replace all the time the worst out come is, fright , disbelief, severe injury to ego :oops:, you have to replace a mug, speaker , bed side table and and probably get an *** chewing of biblical proportions by the minister of the interior. :bigsmyl2: Looks like you pointed in a good direction.
Thanks again for the post!
+1 on that one. Wife in other bedroom.....I believe him

MacFan
10-27-2013, 07:51 AM

Whoa, thank you Sparky45, I get it now. The latest gov. stats says there are 108,000,000 zombies living off the flesh of 101,000,000 full time tax payers.
BTW, excellent work on the gun.
I gotta get some bright green powder coat on order.

filthygovmploye
10-28-2013, 09:41 PM
hahahha better not... good thing no one was hurt. i had a ND when i was sick... springfield XD... mag insterted, racked slide, flipped lever, pulled trigger... my dang bro was expecting to see brains from a suicide attempt.. bullet went through dresser and into mattress in other room. i felt terrible causin my bro to assume i shot myself!!

bbs70
10-29-2013, 07:27 PM
More Zombie B.S., some folks are just Bored

Zombie BS, Oh, I don't know.
How about grown men dressed like movie cowboys with strange aliases shooting at steel cowboy shaped targets.

What is IDPA but a zombie shooting match just without the zombies.

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch or gets offended, I have NOTHING against either one of these shooting sports.
I know about 75 cowboy shooters and attend some of their matches, a great bunch of people, just not MY cup of tea.

And IDPA is great training, and yes I know several people in this sport too.
But it tickles me to hear some of them ridicule zombie shoots, but see them doing the same drills.

Beagle333
10-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Leave it to ES PC to keep me Zombie Free!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/shutupandjump/PowderCoating/HF025_zps3395dd5e.jpg
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/shutupandjump/PowderCoating/HF027_zps3fae10e5.jpg
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/shutupandjump/PowderCoating/HF029_zps4c2dffc7.jpg

Grendel99
11-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Those are cool looking, what bullet is the 2nd pic?

Beagle333
11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Top - 358432 HP
2nd - MiHec 359-640 with the penta pins.
Bottom- NOE 360-160WFN HP

Garyshome
11-05-2013, 12:38 PM
86513Try these! Steel case tulammo. 45's Cheap ammo for cheap zombies. After all you don't need to spend alot of money to zombie hunt!

Garyshome
11-05-2013, 12:49 PM
865148651586516Or you could try these.

Grendel99
11-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Thanks Beagle, whats the weight on the MiHec 359-640 HP?

Garyshome, that paint looks textured almost, interesting.

Beagle333
11-05-2013, 07:37 PM
158gr. There's another group buy going on for them. Jump on the wagon while you can!
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?209316-MiHec-359640-brass-two-or-four-cavity-cramer-hollow-point-mold&highlight=359640
They make great boolits!

Grendel99
11-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks Beagle, I just did! Couldn't help myself, I've really wanted a MiHec mold and a HP for the .357 Mag. I got the penta pins, small HP, and blank pins, very excited. How long does it usually take after payment? Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Kanitz8541
11-14-2013, 11:09 PM
First off who really cares if Martin is telling the truth or not. Yes it is irresponsible and can be used as a statistic for gun activists. Yes the US has craaaaaaaazzzyyy people messing things up for us legal folks. Let's take a moment to bow our heads and thank the good Lord for the good people at the NRA. Bullets don't explode unless its Rofus or designed to. but they do fragment. All that is besides the point. Now we can learn from this and this also reminds us that weapons safety is número uno. Read a book called internal external and terminal ballistics. It covers 90 percent of what goes on with a rifle a round atmosphere almost everything. You can get it on amazon I think. I've read it cover to cover ten times and still reference it. It may be able to educate one on what your set up actually does before and after it goes boom.

Ps they even talk about safety

sparkz
11-15-2013, 11:10 AM
haha,, I love the " Greenie-Meanies " haha I must have some for the 44 & 357,, care to sell a hand full in the event of zombies,, haha

I learn the CDC has a plan for "Zombies" I understand the thinking was If your ready for zombies your covered for the unknown,, haha
I think we have had zombies for years "the un-dead or is it dead no brains" who seem to be running the medicine show at hand, and some how the come to life and make there way to the Polls every 4 years,,

No zombies are gona get me, never take me alive dirty zombies,,
Patrick

bretNorCal
11-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Yep any color powderbythepound.com has all the colors you can think of spray and bake size and your done [smilie=w:[smilie=w:

I believe columbiacoatings.com is cheaper. I only looked at a couple items at powderbythepound but they were all close to 2x what I pay at columbiacoatings.

GunFun
11-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks for that info.

The reason I bought from powderby the pound is that they offer smaller quantities than most to sample with. I've got 3 half pound bags and they will last for many thousand bullets.

The only real reasons for me to get more is color choice or perhaps easier application. I am using modified piglet method, and I get pretty good results if I keep it thin, but if I go too thick, they get lumpy and get rack marks.

bbs70
12-22-2013, 06:34 PM
While not for zombie defense, I am prepared for Werewolves:drinks:

Lead
05-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Ouch gotta hate that

Lead
05-05-2014, 11:26 PM
While not for zombie defense, I am prepared for Werewolves:drinks:

I've got some factory .22 with real silver there the original silver bullet.

Beagle333
05-06-2014, 10:49 AM
I use Silver solder as my source of tin... have any studies been done on how much silver has to be in it to be effective? ;)

M-Tecs
05-06-2014, 01:33 PM
I use Silver solder as my source of tin... have any studies been done on how much silver has to be in it to be effective? ;)

I don't believe any studies have been done. I will volunteer to start. Just send me numerous samples (the more the better - larger sample size is always best) of your silver bullets and I will shoot ever werewolf I see. Really I promise I will!!!!!!!!!!