PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Weight Confession

olemiss
08-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I am a new member and my brother has taught me how to smelt and cast. After reading about others' experience with getting wheel weights, I have been overcome with guilt and must confess. My boss is good friends with the manager of a tire store here in our small town (pop=15,000). I was told I could get all the wheel weights I needed for free, so I went to the tire store one evening and found three 55 gallon drums heaping over with wheel weights. So far I have gotten 80 gallons and have to buy more galvanized trash cans so I can go get more and store them in my garage. I plan to get a few more 20 gallon cans worth and then spend time smelting.

trickyasafox
08-22-2007, 10:58 PM
thats awesome! kudos on your good fortune!

pumpguy
08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Tell me you live near Denver and that you are looking for somebody to split them with!!!!:shock: :drinks: [smilie=1:

armoredman
08-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Outstanding!

Blacktail 8541
08-23-2007, 12:52 AM
That is truly a treasure!

shotstring
08-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Oh my...the force must be with you. Your story is more exciting than hearing of someone winning the lottery. People win the lottery all the time, but you NEVER here of someone getting free drums full of Wheel Weights! Congratulations on your good fortune.

armoredman
08-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Ya know, I WOULD be happy with just winning the lottery...:roll:

charger 1
08-23-2007, 05:25 AM
I am a new member and my brother has taught me how to smelt and cast. After reading about others' experience with getting wheel weights, I have been overcome with guilt and must confess. My boss is good friends with the manager of a tire store here in our small town (pop=15,000). I was told I could get all the wheel weights I needed for free, so I went to the tire store one evening and found three 55 gallon drums heaping over with wheel weights. So far I have gotten 80 gallons and have to buy more galvanized trash cans so I can go get more and store them in my garage. I plan to get a few more 20 gallon cans worth and then spend time smelting.

Hey bro your garage will soon look like mine. This is a good thing. Folk ask me why so many? I laugh. Folk also ask me why I own a buffalo gun? I laugh. If the buffalo all of a sudden make a population resurgance the likes of which takes over the world we'll see who's crazy then

JeffinNZ
08-23-2007, 06:16 PM
MOTHER that's a lot of lead. :shock:

Well done and keep stock piling. The day is fast approaching when lead wheel weights will not exist.

Marc2
08-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey Ole Miss,

Have you considered sharing them with your brother? He must be a great guy if he learn't you to smelt and cast. If I were you, I'd drive a barrel up to his house and even smelt em down for him. Maybe even buy him a couple of guns to shoot cast out of.

Marc In VA

olemiss
08-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Marc2

I really owe you some wheel weights; not only did you teach me how to cast, you also mailed me hundreds of bullets!

nighthunter
08-23-2007, 11:14 PM
ollemiss .... this is what the old prospectors called the mother load. Most of them spent most of their life looking for it but only a few found it. We as boolet casters are in a very similar situation. Over the years I have had some very very good finds and I've dealt with my share of dry holes. A caster just has to have faith that great luck is just around the bend in the road. I've been casting for over 35 years and I've always managed to have enough WW to stay in the game. I have had some great finds and I stash some of them away for the drought to come. There is a lot to learn with this hobby and the folks on this board share info very freely.Stick around ..... at some point you will be able to offer advice to a beginner.
Nighthunter