PDA

View Full Version : Wild West Alaska

NSP64
03-24-2013, 02:20 PM
I just ran across this show. Another stupid show.

jmort
03-24-2013, 02:55 PM
A lot of channels and a lot of time to fill. And this is another *** time filler/killer

bayjoe
03-24-2013, 03:16 PM
IT beats the Walking Dead

opos
03-24-2013, 03:52 PM

"Walking dead"...is that cable news?

TheGrimReaper
03-24-2013, 04:13 PM
I must be weird cause I kinda like it.

jmort
03-24-2013, 04:16 PM
What would be "weird" is if we all liked and disliked the same things.

Matt_G
03-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Another stupid show.

Is there another kind?

Bad Water Bill
03-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Just another reason I have not watched a T V in 10 years or so.

The Black Pearl
03-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I like walking dead better than a lot of crudge on the tube

10x
03-24-2013, 08:05 PM

Do you refer to the televised broad cast of Congress, or the Senate? Or is this a television show?
We have CPAC in the House of Commons in Ottawa

bobthenailer
03-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Im ok with most gun related TV shows as long as theres not to much DRAMA & BS as is the case of Sons Of Guns, pure garbage !
I heard the BATF closed them down ? but i see there starting a new season soon on TV ! I for one havent watched them since the first season and wont ever again .
IMO Another piece of garbage is Bering Sea Gold !

10x
03-25-2013, 08:52 AM
They pick a location, then film (digitally record) stupid people doing stupid things and winning stupid prizes.
Television audiences like the location and like watching folks who are just a little challenged cope with situations.
It worked for the Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres.
and it works now with the reality television shows from Survivor to Ice Road Truckers.

BTW: If you ever watched Ice Road Truckers, I have known Alex for over 40 years. Read his book to make sure I wasn't in it....

starmac
03-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Not neccessarily stupid people. They have a script to go by and are made to look stupid. I'm not sure how Alex was at home, but was out of his element here on the dalton.
I was told that they filmed 300 hours for every hour of show time for the ice road truckers show, to get the drama just the way they wanted it to be portrayed.

10x
03-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Not neccessarily stupid people. They have a script to go by and are made to look stupid. I'm not sure how Alex was at home, but was out of his element here on the dalton.
I was told that they filmed 300 hours for every hour of show time for the ice road truckers show, to get the drama just the way they wanted it to be portrayed.

I should rephrase that -

My comment on stupid maybe should be qualified as "acting stupid".

Alex is definitely not stupid. He is earning more money now with this series than before.
And he is great guy to sit and drink coffee with, if you can get a word in edgewise.

1Shirt
03-25-2013, 09:34 AM
This happens when talent is no longer available!
1Shirt!

Adam10mm
03-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Ken from the shop posts on TFL a lot.

I caught a few episodes last night when nothing better was on. Why is it on the Animal Planet channel? Bunch of dudes and one cute chick that has a dude's name. The shop puts out some good products and I've had some of their parts when I had a Guide Gun (I also believe they "invented" it when they were chopping down 1895s for customers).

AkMike
03-28-2013, 12:45 PM
I just ran across this show. Another stupid show.

If you think that the shows stupid, don't bother walking in the store!
The show makes them look like Einstein's little brothers compared to real life!

CBH
03-28-2013, 09:45 PM
WWA is an embarassment. The short guy with the white goatee acts like a retard.

Frozone
03-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Do you refer to the televised broad cast of Congress, or the Senate? ....

That is the 'Sitting Dead'

Frozone
03-28-2013, 10:22 PM
WWA is an embarassment. The short guy with the white goatee acts like a retard.

That is the owner of "Wild West Guns".

They keep the main entrance covered with what used to be called 'gel' so they can film.
If you show up, they have a girl outside that makes you sign a release, or you can go around the side and use the employees entrance to do business.
The release has a letter head for the producers of that gunsmith show that likes the tannerite so much.

Adam10mm
03-29-2013, 02:10 AM
That is the owner of "Wild West Guns".
No, Ken has the goatee. Ken is not the owner and posts over on TFL as "WildAlaska". Jim West is the owner. He's got the mustache.

Combat Diver
03-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Stopped by the shop last week when I was in Anchorage before I knew about the show. Was met courtesly and they never pushed their wares, nor normal gunshop BS, friendly folks. Watched the show for the first time there in the hotel and visited the Rabbit Creek gun range where they flim. Behind the backstop berms is the ocean. Its TV folks, don't get bent over it. Also visited the Gun Trader (the other shop they are playing pranks on, just down the gate from Ft Richardson) and he has a nice shop also and friendly staff.

CD

ETA: just thought of something that is different, not sure if it is PC for the show or not. But, IIRC the employees open carry in the store. Don't remember seeing it on film.