PDA

View Full Version : EUC End Use Certificate

elkhuntfever
03-24-2013, 08:53 AM
In the government auction for surplus brass the EUC is required. In terms of I or anyone else on here purchasing it, what exactly does this mean? Can I buy it and resell it to individuals?

10x
03-24-2013, 09:12 AM
That is one question you do have to ask the government.

In general the end use certificate tells the government what you will be doing with the asset you purchase and ensures you will be complying with all laws in how you use or dispose of the asset - whether it be sold a) to the public, b) to a wholesaler, or c) exported. It makes sure you are legally qualified, and are aware of the rules of who you can sell, give, or trade the items to.

For example, you can not export brass, guns, or anything gun related to Canada without the proper export license, but you can export to other countries that are exempt from ITAR. If the asset were to be exported to Canada the End Use Certificate would indicate that and would indicate you have met the legal standard to do so.

KinkBreaker
03-24-2013, 11:29 AM
i bought my truck from them and had to fill one of those out. just had to check the box that this was for my personal use.
i think it had an option for resale but either way cant export it