PDA

View Full Version : N*** banquet

DLCTEX
03-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Just got in from the N*** banquet in Canadian, Tx. It was very enjoyable and I had the best prime rib I ever ate. It raised a lot of funds for a good cause. Snow started just as we got there and was still coming down when we left, but fortunately it got much lighter as we headed south to home where we only recieved one to two inches. One gentleman there was attending his fourth one in Texas this year. He must be a turkey hunter extrodinair.

TXGunNut
03-24-2013, 12:43 AM
I went to one awhile back, hope to catch another one soon. DU puts on a good auction as well. Please don't tell anyone I'm not much of a bird hunter, just love seeing them in the wild. These organizations do much to make that a reality.

41 mag fan
03-24-2013, 10:12 AM
OHHH Lord...I read your post DLCTEX to my wife...and she started yammering, about how we'd go to banquets all over the state (IN) and neighboring states if we could.
It is funny, how out of the blue, my wife became a turkey fanatic yrs ago. Now we go to the big N*** convention every year, and she does alot of support for the cause.
She finds new property every year for us to hunt.
I've met only 1 other person who matches her on turkey fever. I had to get a kick out of it, last year they were both looking at a big Tom about 500 yrds away thru binocs. Me standing behind them both, I could see them both shaking like a leaf and breathing hard....it was a funny sight!!

km101
03-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Turkey fever is a disease you never get over! I've had it for years! I am going to treat it with a couple of Spring turkey hunts real soon.