PDA

View Full Version : Just completed the City2Surf run, 14km/8.7 miles

JeffinNZ
03-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi team.
Just got back from the annual City2Surf run. Chopped it out in 1:09:06 this year so seven minutes faster than last year. Last year I got hung up at the start and it took for ever to get a clear patch to run. This year I made sure I was near the front. Perfect running conditions. Calm, overcast, about 15C/60F. Lots of fine ladies in lycra to follow for inspiration.......:smile:
Don't mind admitting I am a bit tired right now.

Mk42gunner
03-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Good on you, Jeff.

I wish my knees would let me run/ jog/ even walk enough to keep in shape.

Robert

Charlie Two Tracks
03-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Good job Jeff! I don't even want to walk 8.7 miles. My back would be killing me.

km101
03-23-2013, 08:34 PM
You RAN that far?? There must have been beer at the finish line!! Good for you! Nice to know that someone around here is in shape. I dont think I have run that far in the last 10 years. ;)

JeffinNZ
03-23-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm sure some of our military members have done more carrying gear.

Saw the funniest thing on the way home through the 'burbs. Two dogs taking themselves for a walk. A collie and a rottie. The rottie was carrying a dead rabbit in it's mouth. Hope it was a wild one. HAHAHA.

geargnasher
03-24-2013, 01:21 AM
I miss those runs, dearly. Used to do 5 and 10K runs at least one/month for many years, a handful of marathons, traveled to them when gaps fell in the local schedule. Both knees suddenly and simultaneously said "NO MORE!" one day 50 meters into a regular training run, orthopedic doc told me to lay off if I wanted to walk in my later years. Those who have never run distance for fun just don't understand those who do, it's a lot more than staying in shape. I do envy your health, wish you many more injury-free years, and congratulate you on a very respectable finishing time.

Oh, and you figured out to crowd to the front for the start! Half the battle is picking through and getting clear of the bunch that wants to start up front but quickly get in the way.

Gear

WILCO
03-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Lots of fine ladies in lycra to follow for inspiration.......:smile:

While reading this, in my minds eye, I saw your wife with a frown on her face, arms folded and tapping her foot...........

WILCO
03-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Oh yeah, congrats on the fine run too!

RayinNH
03-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Hi team. Lots of fine ladies in lycra to follow for inspiration.......:smile:
Don't mind admitting I am a bit tired right now.

I never get tired of fine ladies in Lycra.

Epd230
03-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Ladies in lycra populate the bicycling world too. Easier on the knees!

Way to go on the run!

10x
03-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Good on you, Jeff.

I wish my knees would let me run/ jog/ even walk enough to keep in shape.

Robert

I visited a knee surgeon a week ago. I thought I needed a knee replacement. He prescribed "Celebrex" and tylenol for arthritis. This is allowing me to build up strength in my quads without pain in my knees. I can now engage in a fast limp without pain...

Good for you Jeff, enjoy your youth and good knees while you can.

JeffinNZ
03-24-2013, 03:38 PM
While reading this, in my minds eye, I saw your wife with a frown on her face, arms folded and tapping her foot...........

She banned me from my lycra cycle shorts. Called me a MAMIL. Middle Aged Male In Lyrca. Bit harsh I thought.

GaryN
03-24-2013, 04:00 PM
I used to love to run. One day my right knee started hurting bad about one mile into the run. I walk now. It's not as fun but it is better than nothing. I also like to hike a lot. It helps when hunting season starts.

10x
03-24-2013, 07:53 PM
hey guys search lulu lemon yoga pants..