PDA

View Full Version : Filler with TB???

NSP64
03-23-2013, 05:36 PM
I have been working up subsonic loads in .308 win and was using Trailboss around 8.0 gr, There was some space left so I was wondering if anyone using TB has used a filler with reduced charges? Also going to try using LP primers.

sthwestvictoria
03-23-2013, 05:51 PM
No filler is required, I am using 7.0grains in the 30-30 but this is still more than 70% case capacity. I use Large Rifle primers. I did email ADI, enquiring if there was benefit with other primers but they suggested sticking with LR:

VintageRifle
03-23-2013, 06:27 PM
IMR RIFLE DATA
TRAIL BOSS
NEVER Exceed the Loads Listed Here
DO NOT USE ANY FILLER MATERIAL WITH THESE LOADS, as fillers can alter pressure and velocities decidedly. Velocities were limited to approximately 1600 f.p.s. due to excessive leading at higher velocities. Use flat point bullets in tubular magazines

geargnasher
03-23-2013, 06:41 PM
NO filler with TB.

Gear

PuppetZ
03-23-2013, 07:05 PM
What others said. No filler and no compression either. If compressed, TB might behave unpredictably according to IMR. I trust their recommendation. You should not down load TB so much that you need a filler anyway. Measure where the base of the boolit is located inside the case and fill the case to that level. Weight that powder charge. That is you max load. Minimum load is at 70% of that. The best load should be somewhere in between these 2 numbers.

Frank