PDA

View Full Version : Son lost job?

Wayne Smith
03-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Got an e-mail from our daughter in law who is pregnant with our second grandchild. Said Colin lost his job with NASA today, just less than a year employed directly by NASA. No other information and they are not answering their phones, guessing they are with their pastor. Have informed our Church and choir, both of them used to sing in the choir before they moved.

He has his MS Areospace Engineering and now has three years work experience with it, first employed by Lockheed Martin working at NASA and then hired directly.

smoked turkey
03-22-2013, 06:29 PM
There is never a good time to lose a job, but this is an expecially bad time for your kids.
Lord you know that too, so we are asking that you intercede for them since you are our ultimate provider. Open the right doors for them to find that perfect job opportunity now that this door has been closed. We believe that you are in control of this situation and are eager to see where you are leading them.

Wayne Smith
03-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Just got back from visiting them. He had very few negative statements, just that he was not communicating with the rest of the team he worked with. He had recently completed a project that got raves, no budget problems. He had recently be put in charge of a project with no supervisory training and stated that. When he got the statement that he wasn't communicating satisfactorly he asked for a meeting. Today he walked into the meeting he requested and was summarially fired - 11mo. on the job. Technically probationary. Questonable? Probably. We are looking at what God has planned for them next, though.

warthog
03-22-2013, 10:32 PM
WOW! That's not the way to do it at all. Shame on NASA.

I will keep them in my prayers and while I an not well known here, I think God knows me as we talk daily.

missionary5155
03-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Good morning
I will pray God will lead them to the place of His choosing. All I can say is there is a purpose and God will use it all.
Mike in Peru

TXGunNut
03-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Sounds like an exceptional young man, his future is much brighter than NASA's in their current situation. They likely did him a favor, seems that was the case every time I was wrongly fired.

Bullshop
03-23-2013, 10:00 PM
In all things give thanks.
All things work for good for those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.

Olevern
03-24-2013, 01:17 AM
praying from Pa.

m1ashooter
03-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Prayers out. A lot of good people have lost their jobs here in Houston as a result of the canx of the shuttle program.

jmort
03-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Praying for a new and better position

Wayne Smith
04-22-2013, 10:02 PM
He has a lot of resume's and applications out. Hasn't heard anything back yet. Unemployment is at least paying their mortgage. Both families supporting them and their church is as well.

TXGunNut
04-22-2013, 10:23 PM
It's very early in the game for him. At this point with resumes in all the right places he should work on follow-ups and networking. I wouldn't stop sending out resumes, just shift focus a bit. Good employers don't get in any hurry to hire folks. Suspect in the next several weeks his biggest problem will be choosing the best offer.
Will keep your family in my prayers, Wayne.

Gibbs44
04-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Hope his search lands him in the right place, prayer sent.

DLCTEX
04-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Praying for God's direction for this family.

Wayne Smith
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
He had a phone call of interest from Eastern NC. If this pans out they need to sell the house they have had less than a year to move. They were hoping to not have to move, but God's will is most important to all of us.

felix
04-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Moving from town to town can be fun, as well as moving from job to job, or better yet, task to task. The quicker one's idea of working for an earthly possession(s), including locations, is nothing but a joke from the evil one, the quicker one can start serving others including the Master. ... felix

popper
04-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Budget cuts, sequester, politics, union, etc. I assume that is the technical triangle area in NC. He may want to set up temp. there and see how things go. HIPA should provide ins. coverage. You don't want to shuffle around the US, relocating each time and taking a loss on everything. Where is he now? This is the norm for gov. engg., won't get much better for a while. Dad had the same problem back in the '40s, decided to find a new occupation.

Wayne Smith
04-30-2013, 12:17 PM
He's now in Pocoson, VA just outside of Edwards AFB and NASA. The job is in Elizabeth City, possibly associated with the CG base there.

pmer
04-30-2013, 08:15 PM
This reminds me of my sister in-laws husband. They moved about a 150 miles for him to take a position at a electrical generation plant. It went good for year or more and then he was let go due to work place politics.

They are back on track just like I pray your son and his family will be to. He is at a water treatment facility now.