PDA

View Full Version : Feeling tired

Charlie Two Tracks
03-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Just feeling kind of worn out. Many things are happening in our lives here and at times I just get tired. I have to remember to take the log out of my eyes so I can see the speck in another's. Wisdom and patience is what I need. thanks

shooter2
03-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I know the feeling. Prayers sent Charlie. Something that works for me is to read something in the NT. I suggest the book of John.

45nut
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
I too find a lack of hope clouding my days lately, feel inadequate to even give cousel to others when I can't find hope myself.. who has a particular gift in finding the blessings when surrounded by such evil that runs us to ruin?
Any specifics in finding comfort in the bible, its only the last page that I do find hope but I am lacking in the days between then and now.

Bo1
03-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Keep your head up guy's..Spring is coming, and with it new life....
May God bless you, and lift you up...
Bo

square butte
03-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Sometimes it helps me to know that even when things are not looking so good - God is working behind the scenes in favor of those who believe - That the works of those who come against us will be turned to work in our favor. I don't do as good a job of saying it as someone else might. It truely is a test of faith that God will prevail over evil.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-21-2013, 09:23 PM
I just had to take some time and think of all the things God has given me. Sometimes, I concentrate on all that is bad or wrong and it wears me down. I've got it made compared to the vast majority of the world. I need to concentrate of what is good.

Uncle LeadisBetter
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Alright everybody we must stand tall and strong, keep your faith strong.

Thats what the darkside like's to see when we get weak and stumble.

I hope this helps my fellow brothers,

1 Corinthians 16: 13,14

13. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14. Do everything in love.

Take care everybody

Bullshop
03-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Charlie Two Tracks
True gain is contentment with food and raiment.

missionary5155
03-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Good morning
When things are looking bleak I enjoy reading what are labled the "Prison Epistles". Basic theme in all is "Keep looking up for the day of redemption draweth near".
Maybe today the trumpet will sound ! 1 Thes. 4 : 13-18.
Mike in Peru

opos
03-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Much of what is happening in our Country today is foreign to my upbringing and my life. I'm 75 and often wonder if all the things I've held dear to my heart and worked for all these years...were a mistake based on what I see and hear. No, they were (and are no mistake). A full and productive life with family, people and a love of life have been my reward. It's easy for me to sit and sort of let my mind take me into the dumps but that isn't my nature and I can't let outside issues destroy my insides. I've had to accept that my life is in the final stages and the young people coming along are not of my experience nor wishes..while I often don't "approve" of they way they are choosing to go...is much like the adults viewed the 60's and 70's and felt the good old U. S. was coming apart...according to the parents of that day we could not survive but we did...and prospered.

God is still here..our opportunities to be of help to our fellow man are still here...and I'm fully convinced that the Grand Old Flag will wave proudly after this battle as it has after so many battles and attacks it has weathered.

Some days I have to just switch off my "give a damn" button for a while...watch nothing on TV...listen to nothing on the radio and read nothing in the paper...When I don't get pounded with all the "stuff" I often find myself just enjoying the day and finding something new to fill my time in a fun and / or productive manner.

We will all make it..God allows U turns and I got it figured that we will make some U turns before long and it might be a bit more positive for those of us that think we've been wronged. I'm smiling and hope you will as well...fun to go by the mirror and give myself a wink and a smile.

MT Gianni
03-22-2013, 10:14 AM
One of the things that refreshes me is to take a quick walk. I make my focus on being positive about all his creations that I can see. If I focus and am grateful for the purpose of every thing from air to skeeters to green grass I finish energized. Find a method that works for you.

wch
03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
I look for the glory of God
In the sunrise and the sunset,
In the snows of the Winter
And the green of the Spring
In the laughter of a child,
In the wisdom of the elders:
These things save me from despondecy,
Feed and refresh my spirit
And restore my faith.

smoked turkey
03-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Yes the things of this world are out of control. In fact I believe that Satan is working overtime trying to steal, kill, and destroy because he knows his time is limited. In the end we will win but we have to stay in the race. I think of the Apostle Paul who endured so much during his time. He even found himself in jail, beaten, and in stocks all because he obeyed the voice of the Holy Spirit and went over into Macedonia. His response to all his trials in 2 Tim 4:8:"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day-and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing".

TXGunNut
03-24-2013, 11:15 AM
I used to hunt with a very energetic guide, we employed spot & stalk and travelled from area to area on rough ranch roads. My guide was in much better shape than I and it was all I could do to keep up with him as I was weighed down with a rifle, revolver, binocs and other gear. He was also more experienced at navigating the rough terrain. It was hard hunting, and some days we didn't see a thing I wanted. I called those days "character building". I always knew the next day or the next hunt would be better, but I still found a way to enjoy even the toughest hunts, even if I didn't fire a shot.
Many days in my everyday life I have to write off as "character building". I'm struggling with a few family issues, work issues and projects around the house. Many days, sometimes weeks go by without progress on one or more fronts but I know that someday, maybe today, things will start going my way. Until then I celebrate the minor victories and take pleasure in the simple things.

USMC87
03-26-2013, 10:31 PM
The GOD of the mountain is still GOD in the valley.Phillipians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing, But in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto GOD. And the peace of GOD, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through CHRIST JESUS.
Psalm 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee:he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.