PDA

View Full Version : Wow! have you gys seen THIS yet!

oldred
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/03/21/amazing-race-episode-set-in-hanoi-sparks-outrage/

P.K.
03-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Yes, I don't watch network TV so I can't exactly boycot a buch of idiots and young dip____s. BUT the leadership at that company should have known better and if they did know and still went forward with this shameful and despicable display then screw 'em. Or maybe that's what they were going for to boost flagging viewership. "Let's tick off an 1/2 entire generation, get the other 1/2 cheering and get our name circulating."

Hardcast416taylor
03-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I still think they should have made all of N.Veet-nam into a parking lot.Robert

gkainz
03-21-2013, 04:05 PM
My wife's a fan and I watched it with her. These two scenes pretty much made me sick.

Trey45
03-21-2013, 04:12 PM
It's all part of the subtle and not so subtle indoctrination process.

America = bad
Good = bad
Communism = good
Bad = good

Tazman1602
03-21-2013, 04:26 PM
I still think they should have made all of N.Veet-nam into a parking lot.Robert

ABSOLUTELY!

Anything else I type may be derogatory towards the Vietnamese people...........

Art

41 mag fan
03-21-2013, 04:30 PM
It's all part of the subtle and not so subtle indoctrination process.

America = bad
Good = bad
Communism = good
Bad = good

Or in a nutshell......
Anything American= bad
Anything not american=good
And the dumbas* politically incorrect traitors we have in office will agree...and call it politically correct

Charlie Two Tracks
03-21-2013, 04:38 PM
I just mailed CBS and told them of my displeasure. No watching from this house.

Olevern
03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
As a Vietnam veteran, I cannot even begin to respond here. Unable to find acceptable words.

Freightman
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Never watch that dung and never intended to, nor will I.

Awsar
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
there is a special place for these people, hope they get there sooner rather then later.

Case Stuffer
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Many of us VN Vets are used to receiving a sub level of respect. I mean after all we were better know for killing babies and burning villiages than serving our country. I will admit that overall VN vets. get more respect these days than for the first 30 years or so after serving.

One of my SIL lost her husban yesterday morning ,official cause of death was a heart attack but he was also a VN Vet. and had been on disability and Meds. for the past 30 plus years.

phonejack
03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
I lost a friend when his. B-52 was shot down over Hanoi.

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I do know MANY Nam vets(I was to old even then)that will never forget or forgive.

I have never seen anything about the young ladies left behind and its effects on them.

A young lady I worked with (a true sailors dream, looks brains and personality)married her highschool sweetheart just before he left for Nam.

PARTS of him was back in less than a month for burial. Not much weight in the casket.

She has never recovered,never even gone on a date since then.

Just a forgotten casualty of that war.

It gives me a warm feeling to see that all of those troops are FINALLY being treated with a THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Its LONG overdo.

tanstafl10
03-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Not sure if it will do much good, but I extend my sincere apologies to all Viet Nam vets!!
-
I am NOT a vet, but lived through the time of Viet Nam. We did you guys a dis-service then and now this... Damn sorry about both

John Allen
03-21-2013, 07:16 PM
I think they have no clue just how offending this is.

oldred
03-21-2013, 07:19 PM
I just went back over to the Fox site to see what was happening with this and,,,,,,nothing! It's gone but the latest DAILY news about Lindsy Lohan is of course there. Apparently more interest in hollywood deadbeats than a network insult to our vets, I am really, and I mean REALLY, starting to worry about this country!

deep creek
03-21-2013, 07:32 PM
vietnam 66-67 combat wounded,30% disabled cbs can K.M.A. I like the parking lot idea,with jane fonda the parking lot attendant.Doesnt anybody remember?Or is it that they dont care? deepcreek

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2013, 07:39 PM
It just shows how low journalism has fallen when a known addict who has been given every chance to clean up her act and refuses to do so gets coverage and this just gets swept under the carpet.

It gives new meaning to "you did not earn that someone gave it to you". The lord gave her all of that and she is wasting it every day and getting great news coverage because she broke the law again and only got a short visit to a luxury jail at our expense.

How about a 7 figure fine and serious jail time at a real prison next time because there will be a next time for her unlike the vets that came home in caskets,missing body parts or living with physical or mental problems.

P.K.
03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
It's not out of the news yet. With Fox, you just have to let it cycle through, they won't let it go.
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/20/bob-beckel-outraged-over-cbs-airing-b-52-memorial-during-amazing-race-episode-take-that-show-and-shove-it/
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/03/cbs_amazing_race_vietnam_commu.php
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-fives-bob-beckel-is-furious-tells-idiotic-cbs-executives-to-shove-it/
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/amazing-race-american-plane/2013/03/21/id/495752

oldred
03-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Maybe I'm being a bit over-the-top about this thing because I knew CBS was bad it's just that I am honestly just stunned that even they would stoop that low! Then again maybe this will wake up a few people as to what the "Liberal Media" stands for and where their allegiance really lies.

TXGunNut
03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Just another reason why I no longer watch TV.

oldred
03-21-2013, 09:52 PM
I have netflix as my only source for tv, don't waste much time on tv anyway, been that way for several years now and I have absolutely no use for network tv. I simply can not fathom why anyone would sit and watch the stupid BS that is supposed to be entertainment and the Hollywood liberal agenda is pushed in almost every so called "show". There is some worthwhile tv on both satellite and cable but it's so scarce it's just not worth the cost for just a couple of the channels such as Discovery and The History Channel, besides Netfix has most of their programming anyway.