PDA

View Full Version : my son broke his new favorite gun

GREENCOUNTYPETE
03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
my son is 9 and his new favorite gun to shoot is a HY Hunter (JP Saur) frontier-six-shooter 22 s.l.lr. well it was till he broke the ejector head off Saturday , it was very weak metal

I did a little searching and found that uberrti and colt parts are apparently interchangeable or very close to interchangeable with the JP saur western saa

and the ejector rods for the colt and uberti look the same as the hy hunter

numrich is out
midway is back ordered

I even took my super black hawk apart , with a few minutes of modification with a file i could have made the rugers fit , but my ruger has much sentimental value so i am not stealing parts from it. but i might call ruger and order another ejector rod if i can't find one another way.

would any of you happen to have a SAA ejector rod or something similar laying around in a parts box that you would sell me

Bad Water Bill
03-20-2013, 07:42 PM
BTT for a good cause

km101
03-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Any chance a local gunsmith might have one in his parts stash? It's worth a try!

GREENCOUNTYPETE
03-20-2013, 10:23 PM
btt?

i will call and ask the local guy i hadn't thought about him he mostly does scopes and cleanings, but he has been around a long time never know what he might have stashed in the back room.

i was thinking about making my own