PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming

Boz330
03-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Global warming irrefutable evidence
The Washington Post

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen , Norway

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters, and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far as 81 degrees 29 minutes north latitude.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds. Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 90+ years ago.

Bob

Goatwhiskers
03-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Ah, global warming. That's why I don't ride horses any more. The ground has gotten a lot harder in the last 30 or so years. Used to be I'd get dumped, get up, and remount. Nowadays I have to take inventory to see if everything still works. GW

Charlie Two Tracks
03-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I just don't know. It is frustrating to say the least. Today in Northern Illinois on the first day of Spring, it will not get above freezing. The low this morning was 14 with a wind chill of -1. That ain't warming in my book.

jmort
03-20-2013, 02:26 PM
May favorite sites
www.iceagenow.com - this site has a fantastic amount of information
http://iceagenow.info/ - this is blog and and has most current news/information

When I can move to Greenland and take-up where the Viking left off/got frozen out, then I will be of the belief that the earth is warm enough. Until then, "anthropomorphic global warming" is a lie lie lie.

shdwlkr
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Global Warming
First show me proof the earth has never done what we are seeing before
Second how do we know what we see is a bad thing? Yes the oceans will rise but is that a really bad thing since idiots have built in flood planes and knew it was a flood plane who is really the problem?
Third if we are really seeing global warming then what is the really best thing to do? adapt? Wet our pants? Go cry why me? Give me a break there is so little as humans we can do to change the planet and the self righteous Al Gore types would just learn that yes there are some things we can do but the real question is will it matter? As if the earth has done this before then what makes you think you can stop it from happening again?

Hamish
03-20-2013, 04:20 PM
There is an issue of National Geographic from 1978 that has a 2 page photo inside the back cover of the continental U.S. and Alaska with every state having snow on it. The caption read that scientists were discussing global cooling.

The ones who are really in a pickle over this are the chains of islands in the South Pacific who are watching their homes disappear into the ocean, inch by inch, year by year.

Yes, it is happening. Yes, it is cyclical. Yes, Al Gore is trying and for the most part succeeding in bending the western world over.

Case Stuffer
03-20-2013, 04:24 PM
No wonder Global Warming is on the increase. Just look how much heat is used smelting lead, then melting it again to cast .then firing it with hot powder charges and then turning around and doing it all over again.:)

willie_pete
03-20-2013, 04:26 PM
OP, I see what you did there.

WP

white eagle
03-20-2013, 04:51 PM
it is getting warmer
first day of spring is -2° here in the midwest
just had 4" of snow 2 day ago

wv109323
03-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Is there any chance of it flooding Washington D.C.?

quilbilly
03-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Of course "global warming" is a myth. The head of the Sierra Club admitted that in in 2005 in a broadcast interview. That is why it is now called "climate change" by the Gorebot priesthood. Since 1999 we have been in a gradual cooling period that has lead to species of subarctic plankton and sub arctic salmon to expand their range 200 miles farther south in the Pacific Northwest. That is long term, not short term. Real experts have concluded that the cooling trend will last at least 8 more years from events in the Antarctic (yes, Antarctic). Sometime soon the press may be allowed by the Gorebots to notice that certain glaciers are growing again.

41 mag fan
03-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Is there any chance of it flooding Washington D.C.?
or most of the eastern seaboard, and western seaboard.

Freightman
03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
NY city, Boston, LA and a few others will disappear And the problem is?:kidding: forgot New Orleans!

missionary5155
03-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Greetings
Every chance I get I ask one of the "global warming" proclaimers, "Why did the Vikings name Greenland what they did ? Were they stupid or deceived ? " Was it possible Greenland was not ice covered ?
Mike in Peru

plmitch
03-20-2013, 06:03 PM
There is no Global Warming, its just all of the hot air from the Pit.

runfiverun
03-20-2013, 06:05 PM
weren't the dinosaurs cold blooded???
if so how did they get to Wyoming and china?
and who made their winter parkas?

oldred
03-20-2013, 06:13 PM
NY city, Boston, LA and a few others will disappear And the problem is?:kidding: forgot New Orleans!

"And the problem is?" I'll tell what the problem is -Pollution! Can you just imagine what ecological disaster all that liberalism polluting the oceans would cause? I shudder to think what would happen!

dakotashooter2
03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
As the glaciers recede (sp) archiologist will discover the remains of humans beneath them indicating that this event has in fact happened before................................. as most intelligent people already know.................

joec
03-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Well fact is who cares if it is man made or natural fact is the climate is changing period and world wide. Polar caps melting meaning hotter summers, and colder winters due to absorbing more heat from the sun. Worse storms, drought, fires etc. pretty much on the way. Now if you don't except that as fact then you was born just yesterday or or totally blind to your local weather which though not climate it gives you a good clue if you watch. Either way get prepared as the coming years will get harder before they get better and that is a fact. Doubt science all you want however do it at your life as it has happened a number of times in history wiping out many of the dominate species on the planet at the time. If man thinks he is immune then he deserves what he gets.

GOPHER SLAYER
03-20-2013, 07:04 PM
When I was a child [that was in the last ice age] we studied globel warming and we were told that we owed are very existance to the fact. If the glaciers had not receded we would not have the good old USA.

Bad Water Bill
03-20-2013, 07:10 PM
At a guess this planet has spun around for about 4 BILLION years. There have been some recovered evidence of climate dating back about 4 THOUSAND years. We have been keeping SOME SORT OF RECORDS for about 200 years.

How accurate are the records? In Chicago they recorded the temperature from Midway airport for about 50 years. That is in the middle of Chicago.

Recently they shifted to O HARE Field. Lots of wide open spaces there.

Like matching apples and oranges so how much do we REALLY know?

It is guess work but Al Gore has made MILLIONS selling this B S.

Plate plinker
03-20-2013, 08:42 PM
One volcanic eruption throws out more junk in the atmosphere than humans and we are the problem? Also who decides what the normal temp of the planet is to be? Maybe we have been below normal for way to long.

MtGun44
03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Geologists have reported that the polar ice cap extended down to central Nebraska
and a 2 kilometer thick ice sheet extended down there or farther south 10,000 years
ago. I was up in Omaha last month and it is ALL GONE! :shock:

A rough back of the envelope calculation seems to indicate . . . . . . . .

10,000 years of global warming!

MORE, MORE, MORE! Please!

Bill

Bad Water Bill
03-20-2013, 10:09 PM
We should find out what the democratic congress did after spending 10s of millions to stop the ice age that was supposed to cover the earth in 10 years if we did NOT do something NOW.

That was about 1975.

I think as usual they grossly overdid things AGAIN.

Part of the problem they say id the 10 million cattle we have here because we demand red MEAT.

How did the planet survive when we had 60 million BISON roaming the great planes?

Bad Water Bill
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Geologists have reported that the polar ice cap extended down to central Nebraska
and a 2 kilometer thick ice sheet extended down there or farther south 10,000 years
ago. I was up in Omaha last month and it is ALL GONE! :shock:

A rough back of the envelope calculation seems to indicate . . . . . . . .

10,000 years of global warming!

MORE, MORE, MORE! Please!

Bill

OK

At one time the golf of mexico extended across ALL of the great planes including ares up to SOUTHERN ILLINOIS.

Native Americans were not here yet so who do they blame for that BIG wading pool?:bigsmyl2:

GaryN
03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
I want global warming. As I get older I like the warm better than the cold. But I'm not stupid enough to think we can control it. I think they are just exciting the natives to get them to do whatever it is they want us to do. I don't believe anything the news says anymore. Take everything with a grain of salt and think it through. If it sounds like B.S. it probably is.

nhrifle
03-20-2013, 11:19 PM
The Earth has been warming up for the last 400 years and the "experts" need to face facts. We are still coming back from the last ice age and preparing for the next one.

oldgeezershooter
03-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Whatever happened to the hole in the ozone layer that was supposed to end all life?

9.3X62AL
03-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Whatever happened to the hole in the ozone layer that was supposed to end all life?

It probably got sequestered, too.

I'm not ready to buy any of The Goreacle's climate tripe at any price. Is there "climate change" under way? Of course--there always has been, and always will be. It is being palmed off by shysters and con-artists selling an anthropoclastic agenda that is both morally corrupt and blatantly wrong. These frauds grossly over-state man's role in causing this pattern of change, and absolutely under-state the earth's capacity for regulating its extraordinarily complex systems and its attendant ability to heal itself. As usual, these secular humanists grossly over-rate man's place in this world, grossly inflate man's supposed knowledge of the world around him, utterly fail to discern intelligent design or Divine Guidance of these processes, and persist in folly and vapid speculation about complexities far too sublime for their shallow pseudo-science to fathom. I wish they would just shut the (blank) up.

For a pretty decent examination of recent climate history, give Brian Fagan's "THE LITTLE ICE AGE--How Climate Made History, 1300-1850" [(c) 2000, Basic Books]. It has the ring of truth, and a reasoned time line that gives the lie to most of what these global warming smoke merchants are pimping.

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2013, 02:07 AM

Freon got blamed for the hole.Government stepped in. You now need to have to be CERTIFIED and have expensive equipment to RECOVER the USED freon.

OH by the way freon went from $1.00 a # to about $10.00 and only certified mechanics can purchase it.

After all the gov rules and regulations kicked in they found that the hole cycles constantly.

Who would have ever thought OUR GOVERNMENT would use flawed information to squeeze MORE money from tax payers?

Boz330
03-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Freon got blamed for the hole.Government stepped in. You now need to have to be CERTIFIED and have expensive equipment to RECOVER the USED freon.

OH by the way freon went from $1.00 a # to about $10.00 and only certified mechanics can purchase it.

After all the gov rules and regulations kicked in they found that the hole cycles constantly.

Who would have ever thought OUR GOVERNMENT would use flawed information to squeeze MORE money from tax payers?

In the same vain, before you could scrap an old refrigerator or air conditioner you had to pay someone to recover the freon unless the pump was missing. I wonder how much freon was dumped into the atmosphere by folks cutting out the pump.
I found this out when I tried to dump an old fridge and the guy asked about the pump. They wouldn't take it. No problem the next day when the pump was gone though.
You guys won't turn me in will you???????????????????????????;-)

Bob

Jim Flinchbaugh
03-21-2013, 09:51 AM
The Earth has been warming up for the last 400 years and the "experts" need to face facts. We are still coming back from the last ice age and preparing for the next one.

Exactly. we have had global warming since the end of the last ice age.
Besides, who says there is something wrong with global warming?
Maybe, just maybe, we could grow a real tomato with flavor again

dakotashooter2
03-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Also think about the fact that we are in a period of very low volcanic activity. Once those babies start cranking up again we will know what real global warming is all about............................

FWIW the dry, high plains that I live on were once a tropical jungle...................

1Shirt
03-21-2013, 10:43 AM
If BS was music, Al Gore would be a big brass band!
1Shirt!

DLCTEX
03-21-2013, 10:50 AM
The city could not accept junk refrigerators with the compressors in place but if they were separate you could throw the compressor in the dumpster and they would accept the fridge. Wonder how they got separated? It cost $35 to have the local refrigeration guy do it. He didn't do that many.

cbrick
03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Just today there was a long article in the local paper on global warming. Paragraph after paragraph of devastation and we should now expect Katrina type hurricanes every two years, rising oceans and we are all doomed.

At the end of the article was one short paragraph saying that the report was based on both very flawed and incomplete data.

Legitimate science says that earth's climate has been in continuous change since the very beginning, it's never been steady.

The eco whacko cool aid drinking crowd had global cooling in the 70's and we are all doomed, when they could come up with no proof of that they decided it must be global warming and we are all doomed. With zero proof of that they smartened up and decided it must be climate change and we are all doomed. They are partly right, the global climate is changing, always has been, always will be even if there were no people just as it did before there were people.

Global warming or whatever they call it this year is nothing more than the exact same thing as gun control. It is all about controlling the people with more devastating regulations, fines & the rest of the BS. The more people they can get to drink the cool aid the tighter they can turn the thumb screws and the larger the phallus that can be used on a population bent over grabbing their ankles.

Rick

x101airborne
03-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Spend a summer in Texas. YOU WILL BELIEVE.

Phoenix
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
One easy fact that shuts them up 100% of the time. One of the places with the most dinosaur fossils is Montana! if the world "has never been this warm" how did dinosaurs roam Montana? Great falls was a giant lake back then. When the big ice age came after the extinction event the glaciers carved this area up pretty good. Guess what, before those glaciers this place was like the tropics. how is that for "has never been this warm" The single most important part of the argument for global warming is false. The earth has been WAAAAY hotter than this before.

Dont even get me started on how many years worth of greenhouse gasses are released by one volcanic eruption. But it is all our fault.[smilie=b:

The earth warms in cycles very long ones compared to the puny existence of mankind. Sure the earth is warming. but the concept that we are making it happen is rediculous.

cbrick
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Dont even get me started on how many years worth of greenhouse gasses are released by one volcanic eruption.

The truth about the volcanoes is that in one day more of the exact same greenhouse gasses blamed for global cooling/warming/change are spewed out than humans have in their history.

That was on the news during the Philippine volcano but was dropped quickly. Ya just can't have silly things like facts or truth getting in the way of a perfectly good political agenda.

Rick

TheGrimReaper
03-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I say Global Warming is a bunch of horse pucky!

KCSO
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
It isn't as bad for me as my friend, he has to shovel white global warming to get to the barn to shovel brown global warming.

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
If you google I 80 and route 1 Homewood Il you can see the worlds largest limestone quarry. Almost every piece of stone coming out of there has some sort of prehistoric fossil in it.

This limestone ridge is PART of a prehistoric CORAL REEF that, I have been told extends into NORTHERN CANADA.

In reading many articles and talking with REAL geologists I have been told they have PROOF in rock that the state of Minnesota was at one time part of a hugh mountain range and even a desert.

Now tell me what climate changes took place when either GONWANDA OR PANGEA (SP) formed and later broke apart.

Rock doesn't lie but politicians sure do.

David2011
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Carlsbad Caverns and all of the caves in that part of the world are formed in the limestone that was coral reefs in the Permian Sea which is now known as the Permian Basin. It's a semi-arid desert. A walk on the sand hills will likely lead you to finding seashells lying on the surface- no digging required. Climate change happens; I'm just not convinced that man causes it.

David

winchester85
03-21-2013, 04:48 PM
why did the university in england destroy all the temperature data that they had accumulated? the leaked emails show that they destroyed the raw data so that no one else could use it to come to any other conclusion. when those emails were leaked, it showed that it was all an agenda. their data didnt fit their agenda so it disappeared!

dakotashooter2
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
I learned about global warming in science class......................... when we held the globe over a bunsen burner.........................;)

firefly1957
03-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Thank you i am stealing it for face book! Last year i had 84 degrees here which is abnormally warm this year the high was 24 abnormally cold! While the nes was crying about gloom and doom global warming last year this year the cold has been ignored!

wch
03-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Mr. Gore, can you spell "cyclical"?

MtGun44
03-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Been paying attention to the weather for over 60 years.

I am finally ready to draw a conclusion based on all that observation.

The weather varies a LOT.

Beyond that, I think they are blowing smoke.

Bill

Blacksmith
03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
The tin foil hat types claim is is caused by HAARP trying to control the weather and now there are similar programs in several countries that are trying to ruin the weather in other countries. HAARP wars!

xs11jack
03-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Basically the engine driving Global Warming is the same thing that drove the Swine Flue scare and that bird flue from Asia. MONEY!!! All the money the congress throws at the sientists that produce the panics keeps them from having to find real jobs that produce work! Most of the harem scarum coming out of these peoples mouths scares the politicians silly. And then comes the call to 'do something' so another obscene amount of money is given to them. They then use the money to think up the next panic.
Jack

starmac
03-21-2013, 11:45 PM
I was up at the artic ocean yesterday, and saw the problem first hand. They are driving trucks across it, LOTS of them too. This has to cause a warming affect and melt some of the ocean. I think I will go back and check on it again tomorrow. lol

cbrick
03-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Mr. Gore, can you spell "cyclical"?

Probably not but two things he can spell perfectly are money and political agenda.

Rick

KCSO
03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
On NPR last night their expert admitted that this CLIMATE CHANGE was predicted over 100 years ago, BUT it's worse now than was expected and in just the last 25 years we have lost 8" of beachfront and erosion is a problem and what will happen when the poles warm up and we lost 20 feet??? IF we do, maybe , but it's a PROBLEM! Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY!

Reverend Al
03-22-2013, 12:37 PM

Bad Water Bill
03-22-2013, 01:07 PM
On NPR last night their expert admitted that this CLIMATE CHANGE was predicted over 100 years ago, BUT it's worse now than was expected and in just the last 25 years we have lost 8" of beachfront and erosion is a problem and what will happen when the poles warm up and we lost 20 feet??? IF we do, maybe , but it's a PROBLEM! Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY!

If the ocean rose 20 feet just think of all of those useless coastal city voters we could convert to our way of thinking.

Well if they did not convert they would not be around to vote either.

montana_charlie
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
According to NASA there has been no global warming for 15 years, now.

tchepone
03-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Jack, you're right on the money....all this kind of stuff always comes down to "Follow the Money".

Basically the engine driving Global Warming is the same thing that drove the Swine Flue scare and that bird flue from Asia. MONEY!!! All the money the congress throws at the sientists that produce the panics keeps them from having to find real jobs that produce work! Most of the harem scarum coming out of these peoples mouths scares the politicians silly. And then comes the call to 'do something' so another obscene amount of money is given to them. They then use the money to think up the next panic.
Jack

9.3X62AL
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Jack

Pretty good scam, eh?

gspgundog
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Actually read that they named it Greenland in the hope of fooling people into moving there and named Iceland to keep people out. BTW it is no longer Global Warming it is now Climate Change because they did have answers for the "cool weather events". Now no matter what happens they can just say it is Climate Change with a straight face. That or blame the past administration.

montana_charlie
03-22-2013, 07:27 PM
BTW it is no longer Global Warming it is now Climate Change because they did [not] have answers for the "cool weather events".
The part that gets hidden a lot is that the main argument is about "AGW" or Anthropogenic Global Warming.
Under the new title of Climate Change, the same thing applies.

If it were not anthropogenic (man-caused), there would be no reason for asking 'man' to change his ways.

The truth is, man has not near enough impact on the planet to 'cause' any climatic change.

CM

wallenba
03-22-2013, 09:08 PM
After last summer here in Michigan, I'm worried there is something to it. Pretty sure it's Al Gore's fault. After inventing the internet, he invented global warming.

montana_charlie
03-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Pretty sure it's Al Gore's fault. After inventing the internet, he invented global warming.
The only thing he invented was carbon credits. Made 'em out of thin air. Then, he started sellin' them. Sold 'em for real money. But Congress never passed the Carbon Tax law, so his market dried up.

I'm not sure if he ever did anything that succeeded ...

sparky45
03-22-2013, 09:26 PM
The big gas bag was back in the news today crying for a Carbon Tax again. It's people like him that give the human race a bad name.

9.3X62AL
03-22-2013, 11:13 PM
The big gas bag was back in the news today crying for a Carbon Tax again. It's people like him that give the human race a bad name.

He gives gas bags a bad name, too. Here's a rated-G joke for ya all--what's the difference between Al Gore and the Hindenberg? Answer--one was a Nazi gas bag, the other went down in flames.

Bad Water Bill
03-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Actually read that they named it Greenland in the hope of fooling people into moving there and named Iceland to keep people out. BTW it is no longer Global Warming it is now Climate Change because they did have answers for the "cool weather events". Now no matter what happens they can just say it is Climate Change with a straight face. That or blame the past administration.

A few years ago there was an article AND photos of some of the original colony in GREENLAND. There were extensive stone walls and remains of vast vinyards.

If it was warm enough to cultivate grapes there the climate had to be much warmer.

IIRC there was at least one photo of some of the original grape vine stock. The stumps were larger than the ones in my back yard. I have lived here for 40 years and they were OLD when I moved in.

montana_charlie
03-23-2013, 02:25 PM
A few years ago there was an article AND photos of some of the original colony in GREENLAND. There were extensive stone walls and remains of vast vinyards.
That would have been during the Medieval Warm Period.
There were vinyards in England, too, during that era.

CM

MtGun44
03-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Yep, they have tried to 'adjust' the temperature records to erase the Medival Warm
Period, it doesn't fit with their lying claims so they have to reinvent history.

Clearly Eric the Red and his folks made it to Newfoundland and lived there for decades
when the climate was a lot warmer than today. Since your SUV or freon are
unlikely to have affected the weather 1000 years ago, they need to make this
disappear.

Bill