PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Florida

NSP64
03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi, I will be in south florida next week and was wondering if anyone had any recomondations for places to shoot(rent guns) or good places to eat . I saw the thread for friend or foe in the political section and would like to frequent 2A supporting businesses while down there.
Will be in Miami, Going to a gator ranch in Homestead, and spending time in the Keys. Thanks

MtGun44
03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Stay armed. Stay in condition yellow all the time. Brush up on your spanish. Lots of
good folks, but an extra helping of bad folks.

Too long for any of my recommendations to be current, really, but MANY years ago
a swim with the dolphins at Marathon was a really fun time. Not even sure if they
are still around.

Bill

Swamp Man
03-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Well I'm from Fl but can't really help you with any info on the Miami area I've only been down there 2 times in the last 40 years. If you happen to run into any trouble down there which I don't think you will keep in mind we have the "stand your ground" law here so use it if need be and don't take any BS from anyone down there.

Bad Water Bill
03-20-2013, 04:54 AM
Relax guys. He lives in ILL I NOISE. He is well trained to watch his 3-6-9 and 12.

Not sure what advice to suggest on wrestling those GATORS tho. [smilie=1:

Now if you go swimming in that salty stuff and them dolphins start bumping you get to shore now. Something else is near you thinking LUNCH. :evil:

Don't ask how I know or your hair might turn as white as mine.

oldarkie
03-20-2013, 08:08 AM
swamp man what is the stand your ground law?

Geraldo
03-20-2013, 08:23 AM
If you have a non-resident CWP, carry a gun. If not, well, the Miami-Dade jail is not a place you want to visit. Stay out of certain areas and you'll be fine. The traffic sucks. Miami-Dade and Broward counties are not gun friendly places, but there are probably some ranges where you can rent guns. It will probably not be cheap. There are a few places where you can swim with dolphins, either in Miami or the Keys. Not my kind of deal but everyone I know who did it raves about it.

If you get to Key West, my favorite place to eat is Mangia Mangia on Southard Street. Have a Bellini or two while you're there. The fort is small but interesting and Hemingway's house is worth a visit.

I've never been to a gator ranch as we see them around here all the time.

Geraldo
03-20-2013, 08:27 AM
swamp man what is the stand your ground law?

http://www.floridastandyourground.org/

"(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

oldarkie
03-20-2013, 09:13 AM
thanks geraldo,ive been living by this law all my life,never knew it had to be witten down to be legal,sad,seems like a god given right.

Swamp Man
03-20-2013, 05:36 PM
thanks geraldo,ive been living by this law all my life,never knew it had to be witten down to be legal,sad,seems like a god given right.
Yeah you would think it was a right to do legally everywhere but in a lot of states it's not. With stand your ground law it makes it vary legal to use ANY means to protect yourself or loved ones. In Fl if someone makes a threat while approaching or takes a swing at you or has a weapon and means to do you harm you have the legal right to put lead in their @@@. In some states it is the law that you must try to get away from the threat before using force,which is plan crazy.

Geraldo
03-21-2013, 01:06 PM

I agree with you, but as Swamp Man says there are places where people think otherwise, SE Florida being one of them.

MtGun44
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Swamp man, Where in N central FL. I have run around a lot of that
country over the last 45 yrs, off and on. Got relatives several places
around the middle part of the state.

Bill

Swamp Man
03-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Swamp man, Where in N central FL. I have run around a lot of that
country over the last 45 yrs, off and on. Got relatives several places
around the middle part of the state.

Bill
I live in Archer,Fl Archer is in the Gainesville area.

NSP64
03-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Just got into ft lauderdale and stopped at mangos resturant.