PDA

View Full Version : great members and a little luck.

starmac
03-18-2013, 02:18 AM
A few months ago I bought an old model 14 pump in 30 rem. I got some winchester silver tip ammo with it, but wanted to save it. (I don't really know why)

One member had a hundred brass. Starreloader.
Another member had some dies. Illinoise coyote hunter.
I had some bullets, so I am in business except I didn't have a #19 shell holder.
I checked everywhere in town today, with no luck, so was kind of bummed.
While ago I got to thinking and LUCKED out from another member.
Right before Bullshop moved out I bought an old herters super o press from him, and he threw in a box of the old herters shell holders. I dug that box out while ago and there was a herters # 9 for the 30 rem. lol I suppose I have a reason to set up that heavy old press up now.

It only took 3 good members to get to the ammo building stage, just to shoot this one gun. lol

I better change that to 4 great members, Brassmagnet GAVE me my only 30 cal mold. A 311041 I hope to use for this old gun.
Soooo 4 members to be able to shoot one old gun. lol

BruceB
03-18-2013, 04:00 AM
Just be aware that there is no commonalty on shellholder numbers between manufacturers.

This means a Lyman, Herters, RCBS etc may ALL have Number 19 shellholders listed, but those Number 19s may ALL be for different case sizes.

starmac
03-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Yep The #19 in rcbs = #21 in lee, and #9 in the old herters. The #26 in the herters fits just as well it seems like.