PDA

View Full Version : First Casting Session - Thanks CB Forum

Cane_man
03-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Just want to say thank you to the CB forum and all the help you give in posts and the archives... had my first casting session tonight and cast 102 keepers out of 105 using a NOE 200gr 10mm mold... it was so much fun, can't wait to shoot them! My 18 year old son was impressed, and it takes a lot to get his attention these days... when they cooled i tumble lubed using 45/45/10 formula and it was the easiest thing ever... waiting for the lube to dry then i will size, then tumble lube again, then reload... again, thanks for all the help you experienced casters gives us nubes, lets us get up and running in a few weeks making good boolits with the fewest hassles... :drinks:

myg30
03-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Cane man, Congrads on the casting session. I think we all remember the first time casting and the fun of trials and screw ups !![ errors]
I enjoy casting as much if not more than shooting. Any time of year, I find I can set up at the door way to the detached garage, fan, heater or two fans and still enjoy the fine boolits dropping from the molds. Each mold has its own way of casting to drop good boolits.
The people here are the best for sharing the info and decades of knowlege, and help us to keep the hobby going and then to pass it along to others. Glad your son has an interest and hope he shares the fun of casting with you.
Be safe, protection always. Enjoy !

Mike

Mike