PDA

View Full Version : Local Farm&Fleet got some ammo in

Charlie Two Tracks
03-17-2013, 08:37 AM
I went to our local Farm&Fleet yesterday afternoon for some paint and saw that they had some ammo in. Plenty of shotgun ammo and a few boxes of 9mm, 45, .22LR and others. It was not stocked up full but it was there. This was late Saturday afternoon and it was good to see it still there. The only price I remember was for Winchester .22 LR match. It was $4.99 for a box of 50. I went back home and looked at a box of CCI Mini Mag (100 pcs) and the sticker on it was $1.79. I guess I've had that one for quite awhile.

41 mag fan
03-17-2013, 08:40 AM
I might need to go take a looksie at Rural King here in town, they might of gotten some factory ammo in. Don't need any, but it'd be nice to see it's catching up finally.

Jim
03-17-2013, 08:55 AM
The lady at our local Mom & Pop shop called the other day to tell me she received a bit of 22LR ammo and asked me if I wanted some. "Yes Ma'am, sure do!" She got in 5 of the hundred paks of CCI standard velocity, so I bought two, leaving the rest for other customers.

She calls me every time she gets 22 ammo in, so I'm gathering, a little at a time.

41 mag fan
03-17-2013, 09:15 AM
The lady at our local Mom & Pop shop called the other day to tell me she received a bit of 22LR ammo and asked me if I wanted some. "Yes Ma'am, sure do!" She got in 5 of the hundred paks of CCI standard velocity, so I bought two, leaving the rest for other customers.

She calls me every time she gets 22 ammo in, so I'm gathering, a little at a time.

Sounds like it's slowly but surely starting to catch up....maybe the ones who bought and spent major amounts of money are out of money now. Hopefully they'll get stuck with a major amount of goods they bought and cant resell....

hiram1
03-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I hope they get stuck with it.never sell it and have to eat it.After all i still have all the linotype lead that is for only $450.00 per pound .I don't think it is to high but i will make about $410.00 per pound on it.That is not to much is it.HAVE A NICE DAY

oldred
03-17-2013, 10:20 AM
I wonder how those clowns that are sitting on bricks of 22lr they paid 3X the price for are going to feel when they see it again at normal prices?

hiram1
03-17-2013, 10:28 AM
I hope we see it again at normal prices

TXGunNut
03-17-2013, 10:40 AM
I hope we see it again at normal prices

I believe we will, this time, and maybe next time.

10x
03-17-2013, 10:49 AM

I will make a deal with a gun shop on a bulk rim fire ammo purchase. I will buy one or two cases of 5000 when an order is made for ammo. The dealer can order more, get a break on the price, and can pass that break on to me. I don't sell the ammo and compete with the dealer and he gets my business with a guaranteed cash sale. And I usually get the same lot of ammo in the case. He makes money on ammo that he would not otherwise order and sell, I get to save a few bucks.