PDA

View Full Version : A useful mold

Newtire
08-19-2007, 12:32 AM
I have accumulated many many molds in the recent past 10 yrs or so and Quite a few of them have proven to be pretty useful.

I now have a nice useful mold that works for both the .32-20 & the .30 carbine. This is the Saeco #322. In the .32-20, it shot mostly just as well or better than anything else with all the loads I tried it with. It only got beat out by one boolit in the .32-20 by a 6 gr. 800-X load using an old Ideal #4 100 gr. Flatpoint round nose number. This #322 seemed to perform best with all the heavier charges although the little RCBS 32-98 did great with 9 gr. of AA#9.

So anyway, the .30 carbine load of 8.5 gr. BlueDot got em all in there under 2" at 50 yds. The 311359 is tops in that gun but this Saeco boolit doesn't require a gas check and it's gonna be great for when my daughter & her boyfriend come and want to go to the tin can range. I had to seat it a little deeper than with the Lee 120 RN but it is close to being about a tie for accuracy. I am going to tweak it some more & see how it does but just hought I'd put it out there that if someone were looking for a good plinker and a real accurate revolver boolit, this one sure is.

ktw
08-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the report.

I have been using the Group Buy 312-120-RF. As much as I like that boolit, the Lee mold isn't going to last forever. The Saeco 322 sounds like it might be a useful iron mold replacement for it someday.

-ktw