PDA

View Full Version : I whent to the range

S&W-629
03-16-2013, 09:26 PM
All i can say is WOW.My brother my little girl and i whent and thare was 4 others thare.We where shooting bolt guns one shot at a time and every time we shot one of the 4 came over to try and grab the 223 brass.And i thot i was a brass wh*re

Gar
03-16-2013, 09:37 PM
And can we assume you educated them on their erring ways?

S&W-629
03-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Over and over and over.I told them that i would sell them it but thay dint like the price lol

TheCelt
03-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Our range is very sandy and brass sometimes "disapears", especially if it gets stepped on. last trip to the range I struck up a conversation with the person shooting to my left. He was a appleseed instructor and we had a informative conversation. He started shooting his AR which launched brass at me at a relatively high velocity so I stopped shooting and stepped back till he finished. I started policing his brass (out of habit I guess) and he went high and right!!!! I wasn't going to keep it and thought I was doing him a favor...........never again!!!

Frank46
03-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I have some of the berdan primed south african 223. Think I'll shoot that next time and let the seagulls pick up the brass. Frank

TheCelt
03-16-2013, 10:54 PM
I have some of the berdan primed south african 223. Think I'll shoot that next time and let the seagulls pick up the brass. Frank

We have a range policy of everyone policing their own brass, if you don't want it it is placed in 5 gal buckets at each station. the brass is collected, sorted and sold for scrap by the range which in turn uses the funds for range maintenance/improvements. System has worked well for over 30 years. Even the Berdan primed brass has scrap value.

Duckiller
03-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Frank, is it pretty brass? Swiss 7.5x55 is berdan primed but is too pretty and too high quality to throw away. I do have some berdan primers, but it is an unbelievable pain to deprime.

leadman
03-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Duckiller, see the sticky on converting Berdan braas to boxer primers in another section here.

FLINTNFIRE
03-17-2013, 12:03 AM
At the range I belong to you are supposed to clean after yourself , most do some do not , but there is next to no brass left since scrap prices and the shortages of components started , have not had anyone try to steal my brass , and it is not going to happen , it is hard to understand people who would try to take someones brass , as for the appleseed spraying his brass , I myself shoot semi auto's so as not to hit others with hot projectile's , so it comes as no surprise that he acted like that when you tried to help.

S&W-629
03-17-2013, 08:53 AM
the 4 of them where in thare mid 20s and the way thay where going about it we dint trust them at all.thay would load up thare hand guns befor thay would come over to the side we where on.It was just a odd day at the range

LUBEDUDE
03-17-2013, 06:41 PM
It's no fun being uncomfortable at the range.

Area Man
03-17-2013, 08:52 PM
...I told them that i would sell them it but thay dint like the price lol

It's gougers like you...!

:kidding:

S&W-629
03-18-2013, 09:49 AM
It's gougers like you...!

BUT I RELOAD THEM LOL

dakotashooter2
03-18-2013, 10:24 AM
That's simply in bad taste. You either ask if it is available or you wait till the shooter leaves. But manners and respect are pretty much a thing of the past................

S&W-629
03-18-2013, 07:59 PM
That's simply in bad taste. You either ask if it is available or you wait till the shooter leaves. But manners and respect are pretty much a thing of the past................

Yes thay are.If i would of done that when i was that age i would of been knocked on my a**.I was brought up by a old farmer and he dint take any ****

TheDoctor
03-18-2013, 08:07 PM
That is just sad! I shoot at a club, and I would like to think I would never see something like that, but there's a first time for everything. As far as loading up their handguns, I wear one when I go shoot. Isolated range, and quite often me and my boys are alone. Always be prepared.