PDA

View Full Version : Shipping powder via UPS

Wayne S
03-16-2013, 07:55 PM
What are the requirements for shipping powder ? I have a friend some 400 miles away and he has some powder he wants to sell, I told him I'd ask

Thanks

williamwaco
03-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Can't be too hard.

I order powder on line all the time.

Always comes UPS.

BUT

I usually order 20 to 30 pounds.

03-16-2013, 10:31 PM
There's a Haz-Mat fee ($27?), when shipping powder and primers, that will have to be paid. And, according to some recent posts, there is training and certification involved, before one can ship Haz-Mat. I think it's a non-starter.

destrux
03-17-2013, 04:02 AM
You wouldn't know any of this existed though, buying primers, powder, or ammo on GB. I bought a few K of primers there and the guy shipped them UPS ground... no Haz Mat. Same with some powder I bought online from a small gun shop.

CML
03-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Individuals cannot ship HAZMAT. Like 462 says, there are certs of some sort that must be done by the distributers. I checked into it a few years back but don't remember the details.

CML
03-17-2013, 11:19 AM
You wouldn't know any of this existed though, buying primers, powder, or ammo on GB. I bought a few K of primers there and the guy shipped them UPS ground... no Haz Mat. Same with some powder I bought online from a small gun shop.

True, I've seen the same. But, I'd imagine if a box goes boom there would be some legal ramifications.

I'll Make Mine
03-17-2013, 05:14 PM

The fact someone didn't get caught doesn't make what they did legal. If the appropriate authorities (who governs UN shipping regulations in this country, EPA, BATFE, or some other alphabet soup agency?) ever want a bunch of easy arrests, all they have to do is order a bunch of that stuff and then go scoop up the sellers...